FreeMaX Fireluke Mesh Tank - Review

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
78-3-2-600x600.jpg

As part of the Firemax GEMM 80W kit i received to review, Freemax sent me their Fireluke M subohm tank which isnt a new atty, think it has been available in SA since mid 2018 but seeing as there is only a review on the forum on the Freemax Fireluke M Pro, i thought id do this review as it was sent to me. This will be a sorter than usual review due to it being an old tank.

Item Name :
FreeMaX Fireluke M (Mesh)
Manufacturer: @Freemax
Cost: R499
Available at: The Vape Shop, Vape King etc

***DISCLAIMER*** This product was supplied to me by Freemax for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this Tank.

So, let’s start off with some pictures of this device, from unboxing to being used.

IMG_20190813_141226.jpg IMG_20190813_141239.jpg IMG_20190813_141257.jpg IMG_20190813_141319.jpg IMG_20190813_141356.jpg IMG_20190813_141548.jpg IMG_20190813_141621.jpg IMG_20190813_141704.jpg IMG_20190813_142457.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?

1x Fireluke Mesh Tank (with 0.15ohm Mesh Coil Pre-install)
1x Extra Mesh Coil 0.15ohm (40-90W)
1x Replacement Pyrex Glass
1x Replacement O-rings

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

Tank

Size: 24mm(D) x 46.5mm (L)
Weight: 55.5g
Material: Pyrex Glass/SS316L
Glass Tube : Straight Only
Capacity: 3.0ml
Drip Tip: 810 Drip Tip
Thread: Standard 510 Thread
Options: Metal, Resin and Carbon Fibre
Airflow: Dual Bottom Adjustable Airflow

Coils

Type: Kanthal Mesh
Coil Resistance: 0.15ohm
Power Range: 40-90Watt
Coil Types : X1, X2 and X3

So, what do I think about this tank? Good question!

Upon seeing the tank through the clear plastic box it immediately caught my eye and i really like the pattern look of the tank, It reminds me of a mesh coil which is what we are going for here using the Mesh coils.

Fitted the atty to my Drag and wanted to open the tank but it was so tightly closed that i could not get the bottom part off to get to the coil. So i gripped it with small pliers after removing the top cap and managed to get the tank separated. I then primed the coil and must say that these coils house a lot of cotton, its super thick and just filling the tank will take forever to prime the coil. To speed up the process, i closed the airflow and took a couple of drags without firing the coil which primed the cotton in 2 drags.

The Tank design and over-all build quality is really good and the machine work is done great...BUT..i really do not like the drip tip used and think they should have rather used a smooth resin type tip instead of using the same pattern because it really feels weird on your lips when vaping, like kissing someone with very dry and cracked lips. The drip tip also feels sharp on your lips.

Flavor on this tank isnt exceptional but isnt bad but i cannot compare it to the recently released mesh coil attys. The recent GEMM disposable tank has better flavor than the mesh coils of this atty but still its not bad. The coils are able to run comfortably between 40W to 90W without getting dry hits and would recommend using this coils at around 80W, lower that that the flavor starts dropping alot.

My Pro's
  • Good build quality
  • Smooth and clean threads
  • Nice aesthetics
  • Large fill ports
  • No Leaks
  • Wide variety of color options (Carbon, Resin and Metal)
  • Different finish options
  • Good flavor and vapor production
  • Long-lasting coil heads
  • Includes matching 810 resin drip tip
My Cons's
  • Mouth feel when vaping due to the pattern, feels like kissing someone with dry lips lol
  • Tank must be empty to replace coils otherwise you will spill liquid
  • Drip tip should be smooth resin instead of the pattern design as it feels sharp
  • Some cotton taste at first as well as a metalic type taste and im not sure if this is the tank of the coil.

Filling Up on Juice:

As per the website, we have the procedure to fill the tank which is very simple. Need to make sure that the bottom part is nice and tight to the base other wise when removing the top cap the bottom part scews loose due to the grip of the seals.

upload_2019-8-21_10-49-45.png

Components:

Here we see the tank (although the resin version) stripped and all its components.

upload_2019-8-21_10-49-56.png

The following Colors are available:

upload_2019-8-21_10-50-2.png

So, would I buy one? Dont think so..Perhaps the Fireluke M Pro or a resin version of this yes, but not this specific version.

Thanks for the review.

I have used the Fireluke coils in my Artery Hive for a few months now. The coils last quite a long time and give great flavour.

Thanks for the review.

I have used the Fireluke coils in my Artery Hive for a few months now. The coils last quite a long time and give great flavour.

Yeah the flavor is good on these coils and they have quite a long life span. To me its just not on par with the Voopoo Maat or its brother disposable tank coils but still good flavor non the less.

Yeah the flavor is good on these coils and they have quite a long life span. To me its just not on par with the Voopoo Maat or its brother disposable tank coils but still good flavor non the less.

The disposable Mystique 0.15 mesh is also very good. Only negative for me is small 3ml tank. It uses juice fast but lasts for ages. On the first tank I used I lost count after 15 refills.

Back