Geek Vape Aegis Legend 200w - Firmware Upgrade Issue

BurnerRSA

Concentrate Collector
LV

Awards
Hey Guys. I need some help or suggestions with the firmware upgrade of a Aegis Legend Mod.

It is currently on Firmware v1.1 and the battery drain on this mod is terrible. There is a Firmware update v1.2 that addresses the battery drain issue but for the life of me I cant get my PC to recognize the device when plugged into USB.

Instructions to connect the device is to remove the atomizer and batteries from the device, then hold down the "+" button and connect the USB port. After connection release the button.
This does absolutely nothing in my case.

I have googled and tried all the common issues that were suggested as follow:
  • Tried Multiple different USB Cables. Including the original cable that came with the device. I even unscrewed the top plate to ensure the USB goes in all the way directly into the USB port because the USB port hole in the plate is very narrow.
  • Tried all other USB ports on my PC.
  • Tried to restart my PC with the device connected and holding the "+" button down.
  • Tried connecting the cable to the mod first then hold the "+" button down and then insert the other end into the PC.
  • Tried on two other PC's. One also on Win 10 and the other on Win 7.
  • Tried, to just see what happens to hold the fire button down while connecting but then on screen a "Overcharge Protection" message is displayed. So at least i know that there is power flowing from the PC to the USB on the mod.
Usually you can at least hear the connection sound from the USB even if you plug in an unrecognized device but with this mod I don't even get a sound out of the PC.

When the mod is on and you plug in the USB cable it shows that it is charging. I'm starting to think that the mod has a faulty USB port in the sense that the power connections is fine but there must be a connection issue on the data points. Or all the cables I used are exclusively for charging and not data. But that cant be true because I have one cable permanently on my desk that I have used multiple times to transfer items to and from my phone in the past.

Any suggestions welcome.

IMG_20200910_184519.jpg IMG_20200910_184534.jpg IMG_20200910_184541.jpg

I would still try with another data cable maybe the one that came with it and if it doesn’t work I would try on another computer maybe there’s an issue with your USB ports configuration.

Back