Geekvape Mech Pro (KIT)

GerritVisagie

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
So I've decided to do a small review of the Geekvape Mech Pro (kit)

Lets start with the Medusa RDA/RDTA that comes in the kit.
Right off the bat let me mention that I REALLY dislike RTDAs, I'm a RDA guy, more specifically, a GOON fanboy :).

so I gave the Medusa a go, popped in a set of Demon Killer Tsuka Coils, ohming out at 0.15
Nice warm vape, very flavorful.
The Velocity style deck is as we all know Geekvape's Velocity decks to be.

The drip tip was a concern for me, as I just LOVE my @hands Goon Tips, but, its not a bad tip, the Ultem keeps your lips cool, and its nice and fat, so its close to a goon tip.

The airflow is nice and smooth, and there is lots of it. however, the airflow barrel and the drip tip section that controls airflow have the same O-Rings, so when you try to adjust airflow, the barrel moves as well, thus miss-aligning your airflow to the coils.
luckily, they supply a beefier O-ring, after installing that, problem solved.

The flavor I get from the Medusa is very good, perhaps the best ive had from an RDTA so far, given, I don't use many RDTA's, so don't take my opinion as truth, there may be rdtas out there that has better flavor.
Now then, after one day of using the Medusa, I pulled it off, and popped my Goon on the Mech, why??
well, The Medusa SPITS!! and after a day of swallowing juice drop by drop, I get the feeling that vapers tongue is a sure thing.
other than that, the Medusa is a very nice rd...whatever.

On to the Mech!!
WOW!! this thing is everything I wished it would be.

First Off, its HEAVY!! but that is because the whole casing is about 3mm Thk Zinc Alloy.
And those interchangeable doors, yeah, they're Zinc Alloy too, not plastic. I was surprised too.
this thing feels so solid, I think its bomb-proof.
But, its nice and thin, so if you drop it in your pocket, it sits nice snug to your leg, and you hardly notice it. unlike some other dual battery mods that bulge out, and makes your pants leg pull so tight around your leg that you get pins & needles in your foot.
Despite the "circuitry" being Gold Plated Brass, not copper, it hits just as hard as my HHA K.O Tube Mech.

But I got this for one reason, battery life.
And yes, sharing the amps between two batteries, gives you so much more of it, it should be illegal.
I'm even running my 30Qs on a 0.14 Ohm Build, and a set lasts me all day.
My LG HB2 s don't last that long, but it survives a trip to the shops at least, unlike a single, where I have to carry 2 spares at all times.

so there you have it, I would definitely recommend this mod if you like your tube mechs but you want a little extra battery life.

Thanx Again @BumbleBee enjoying every minute with this thing.

Attachments

• Mech with Goon.JPG
    Mech with Goon.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 65
So I've decided to do a small review of the Geekvape Mech Pro (kit)

Lets start with the Medusa RDA/RDTA that comes in the kit.
Right off the bat let me mention that I REALLY dislike RTDAs, I'm a RDA guy, more specifically, a GOON fanboy :).

so I gave the Medusa a go, popped in a set of Demon Killer Tsuka Coils, ohming out at 0.15
Nice warm vape, very flavorful.
The Velocity style deck is as we all know Geekvape's Velocity decks to be.

The drip tip was a concern for me, as I just LOVE my @hands Goon Tips, but, its not a bad tip, the Ultem keeps your lips cool, and its nice and fat, so its close to a goon tip.

The airflow is nice and smooth, and there is lots of it. however, the airflow barrel and the drip tip section that controls airflow have the same O-Rings, so when you try to adjust airflow, the barrel moves as well, thus miss-aligning your airflow to the coils.
luckily, they supply a beefier O-ring, after installing that, problem solved.

The flavor I get from the Medusa is very good, perhaps the best ive had from an RDTA so far, given, I don't use many RDTA's, so don't take my opinion as truth, there may be rdtas out there that has better flavor.
Now then, after one day of using the Medusa, I pulled it off, and popped my Goon on the Mech, why??
well, The Medusa SPITS!! and after a day of swallowing juice drop by drop, I get the feeling that vapers tongue is a sure thing.
other than that, the Medusa is a very nice rd...whatever.

On to the Mech!!
WOW!! this thing is everything I wished it would be.

First Off, its HEAVY!! but that is because the whole casing is about 3mm Thk Zinc Alloy.
And those interchangeable doors, yeah, they're Zinc Alloy too, not plastic. I was surprised too.
this thing feels so solid, I think its bomb-proof.
But, its nice and thin, so if you drop it in your pocket, it sits nice snug to your leg, and you hardly notice it. unlike some other dual battery mods that bulge out, and makes your pants leg pull so tight around your leg that you get pins & needles in your foot.
Despite the "circuitry" being Gold Plated Brass, not copper, it hits just as hard as my HHA K.O Tube Mech.

But I got this for one reason, battery life.
And yes, sharing the amps between two batteries, gives you so much more of it, it should be illegal.
I'm even running my 30Qs on a 0.14 Ohm Build, and a set lasts me all day.
My LG HB2 s don't last that long, but it survives a trip to the shops at least, unlike a single, where I have to carry 2 spares at all times.

so there you have it, I would definitely recommend this mod if you like your tube mechs but you want a little extra battery life.

Thanx Again @BumbleBee enjoying every minute with this thing.
Thanks for sharing @GerritVisagie. Reading about nice new stuff does help reduce some of the FOMO when one is restricting ones own purchases.

Regards

A quick update regarding get the Medusa.
After a re-wick (using less cotton)
Slightly less that I usually use, the spitting stopped.
I also did a "timed" refill, to see if refilling this vs dripping an RDA is with all the effort of unscrew ingredients the age etc etc.
Well, once you get it down, it takes about a minute to do.
20secs to drip my goon(making sure I don't mess, and fill the juice well and saturate the wicks)

With 3 goon drips taking 60secs, and one fill on the Medusa taking 60 secs.
It's a dead tie for "time taken to drip"

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I have 2 of these Mech Pro’s. The common problem is a hot firing button. The solution is easy. Get yourself some good Copper compound grease. Or “Copperslip”. Then remove the plastic cover. Lift up the plate where the button touches to complete the circuit. Remove the small grub screw on the fire button. Use alcohol iso and clean all the insides with cotton wool, especially the inside of the fire button which can be rotated with the grub screw removed. Allow to dry.

Apply a thin layer of copper compound on the inside shaft of the fire button while spinning it around. Apply another thin layer between where the fire button touches the plate that closes the circuit.

Replace the plastic cover, and your firing button will not spark or get hot again.

Clean and maintain the insides regularly. Apply a light layer of Copper compound on all the brass plated circuit wires and springs, to prevent juice from corroding these parts.

Mine work great now. Zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back