H-Priv + TFV4 Micro - Review

MunG

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Guys,

So I got the SMOK H-Priv Kit yesterday and played a bit.

So here is a review on this device and my experience so far.

Some of you might know me I have been vaping for a while now and own a ton of gear since I am a tech junkie and this device was compared to my Cuboid, since it is the closest device in terms of the device age and features and one of my favorite mods.

First things, Packaging was very well done.

This kit comes with the Box mod and the TFV4 micro tank and the extension from 2.5ml to 3.5ml.
2 Coils, one Vertical Clapton and One vertical SS coil.
A glass protection ring in red, as my kit is the black\red one.
A manual, which is use full for the new Vapers.
USB cable for firmware upgrades.
And other spare parts you might need.
There is no RBA in the kit.

You might need :
2 X 18650 Batteries and Charger.
Juice :)
Tfv4 Micro RBA (Optional)

The MOD :

The first thing you will see is a damn stunning mod, it is definitely one of the best looking mods out there. And upon picking it up and feeling it, it is very light but not too light. The build quality and paint job is excellent, and imo better than my cuboid, this will scratch but not as easy as other mods.

The fire button or bar in this case is really usable and feels good, good tension and wont fire on accident easily, I have carried it around a bit and issues there, it is lockable too.

The screen on it is awesome, and easy to navigate, really simple.
Really surprisingly compact size, feels really good in the hand.

VW modes, TC for Ni,Titanium and SS and they all work like they should. Also the TCR modes for the guys in to that, also works properly.

At first the device firing felt a bit slow, not terrible at all but you know there is a delay.
That is about the only thing I could find wrong, threads are awesome, smooth. Brass\Coated center pin, spring loaded.

Smok does have a bad reputation when it comes to firmware upgrades but I can say not here.
I upgraded the deice with the new firmware, no problems and WOW it made a huge difference.
Menu speeds are fast also.

It is a 220watt mod, and I cant really test it, id like too though, some people have reported that it wont pulse even that high, but none the less who vapes that damn high. And we know how marketing is.

One note, I am not sure how well 25mm+ tanks will fit and work on it, but my normal TFV4 fits nicely.

TLDR: This mod does what it does really well in all modes. Firmware upgrades work 100%. It is damn sexy, it feels good too, hits like a truck. Care if you want to use large tanks.

The Tank, TFV4 Micro:

Lets say I did not expect much.
But, was I wrong.
I own a TFV4 normal size and love the dual rba on it, but did not expect this small tank
to perform that well.
First con: It is tiny, the extension helps though, and I quite like using it on this mod.
also, no RBA although I did get my hands on it already.
The Clapton and the SS coil where really good, better than most. Still drinks juice though.
I could run 80Watts on the Clapton no problem, flavor comparable to most RTA's I own.
The RBA if you can find it, is heaven. Small but easy to work with running Dual Clapton coils with 2mm ID and 5 turns, and oh wow the flavor and vapor.

I was skeptical of the tank at first, but its really a nice extra, and works really well.

A summery :

So far this kit has giving me a really really good vaping experience as a whole
actually really uprising !

Pro's :

Looks damnnn good.
Good quality, no rattles
Feels good
Firmware upgrade works like a charm
Hits really well, compared to the cuboid its on par also RX200, no delay after the FW upgrade.
Decent little tank, well thought out RBA if you can find it, works very well.
Nice packaging.
Not a bad price.
Uses 2 X 18650's (Charged in a proper charger only)
Did I mention its Smexy ?
Good size, very versatile.

Cons :

I would not get this for a beginner, definitely for someone that is upgrading or
an experienced vaper looking for something unique
No charging, maybe for some. as I don't charge on mods ever.
Tank capacity can be tiny for some.

I hope this helps for anyone in the future looking at this kit.

I will update here if there is any issues or notes to add, maybe some coil builds too :D
20160601_142311.jpg

Back