Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Another side by side battle

Since i recently got my new Hadaly dialled in pretty good, i decided to put it up against some strong contenders which I have been vaping for a while.

All loaded with the same juice - LIT SideChick plus some nic plus some menthol ;-) i know this juice quite well. Its a glorious Pear, Litchi and Ice mix, with more ice added!

7104b54e44fc34973e9e459a1dd7a454.jpg

From left to right
  • Hadaly - with my 0.8 ohm 26g NI80 simple coil
  • Skyline - with a 0.7 ohm VandyVape superfine MTL fused clapton - no airdisk, fully open airflow
  • BB/Exo - with an old 0.44 ohm RiaanRed fused Clapton
All have Royal Wicks
All have the identical juice
All single coil

Powers are a bit different. Skyline the lowest at 15W. Then the Hadaly at 18W and then the BB at 24W.

Been vaping these side by side for a full day.
So how do they compare?

BB/Exo - dense, juicy flavour
The densest and juiciest. Wettest. Very flavourful. But the least crisp. Menthol not as sharp. Am picking up slightly sweeter litchi. Perhaps not fair because this is a very old coil. Will revisit in time when i put in a new coil from @smilelykumeenit

Skyline - highest "definition" of flavour
The crispest. It has such great definition of flavour. Sharp. Nice menthol burn. Amazing since its only at 15 Watts. Impressive indeed.

Hadaly - gorgeous allrounder
Probably the "purest" flavour. Slightly less crisp than the Skyline but its got an allround flavour that covers all the aspects. Sharpish menthol and i can taste the sweetness of the fruits slightly more than the Skyline. Slightly softer feel to the vapour.

So which is the best?
Honestly, they are all outstanding. The differences are quite small. I like them all. Perhaps the allround flavour performance of the Hadaly takes it slightly but it's so close. I love the crispness of the Skyline - and the juicy wetness on the BB!

Bear in mind these are all set up with fairly tame coils at lowish power to suit my vaping style and the juice.

Conclusion - They are all amazing!

Last edited:
A bold task indeed!
Im glad you put them all to the test!

Thanks @Christos
I had a plan to do this but had to wait till the Hadaly got set up more to my liking
I like to have a reference point like this on the same juice
Now i can go ahead and experiment more with coils and see what changes

I am happy with the superfine mtl fused clapton in the Skyline.
I want to put a new coil in the exo
And then perhaps in time try something slightly more exotic in the hadaly but i dont want it to get too hot

Last edited:
PS - its the never ending quest for an improved vape ;-)
Another rabbit hole that is all consuming

Oooh... @Silver stirring the pot between the fanboys.

Personally never tried the skyline. So cant give my comment.

Still need to find my sweetspot with the Hadaly. Not doing it as yet for me.

But the BB with a good clapton. That is magic.

Oooh... @Silver stirring the pot between the fanboys.

Personally never tried the skyline. So cant give my comment.

Still need to find my sweetspot with the Hadaly. Not doing it as yet for me.

But the BB with a good clapton. That is magic.

Thanks @Adephi
What juice you vaping in the Hadaly?

Awesome idea @Silver i just did the same with an other juice review and used the same juice but the mods was setup diferently to my liking and it made me aware of diferent notes in the juices at diferent settings and coils.

Awesome idea @Silver i just did the same with an other juice review and used the same juice but the mods was setup diferently to my liking and it made me aware of diferent notes in the juices at diferent settings and coils.

Thats great @antonherbst
And i agree with you

Thats why when I review a juice i try to use a few setups. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right setup.

I had RudeRudi's Icee Lychee. But currently having problems with the mod I'm running it on. So will keep on trying for the perfect setup.

Ok cool
Do you know that juice well on other setups?

Thats great @antonherbst
And i agree with you

Thats why when I review a juice i try to use a few setups. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right setup.

And it gives the different vaper profiles the view on their “type” of vape. I find it very helpfull in selecting what juice to buy.

Enjoy the vape.

I had it in my Ileaf Mello 4 as well. Its good but as good as comercial coils get.

Ah ok

My thinking is to try a new device with a juice you know very well on another good rebuildable device. Then you know what to "look" for in the flavour. If you know what i mean

Ah ok

My thinking is to try a new device with a juice you know very well on another good rebuildable device. Then you know what to "look" for in the flavour. If you know what i mean
Yeah I know what you mean. Also had that juice in the BB before and fell in love immediately. Unfortunately havent had time to mix more.

Thanks @Christos
I had a plan to do this but had to wait till the Hadaly got set up more to my liking
I like to have a reference point like this on the same juice
Now i can go ahead and experiment more with coils and see what changes

I am happy with the superfine mtl fused clapton in the Skyline.
I want to put a new coil in the exo
And then perhaps in time try something slightly more exotic in the hadaly but i dont want it to get too hot
That superfine MTL wire is phenomenal for higher ohm low watt builds. Really really works very well!

No fence-sitting please @Silver ! :-D

If you could only take one with you for a trip overseas for a month which one would it be? Surely our resident high-nic super-tight-draw fan isn't choosing the Hadaly?

If you could only take one with you for a trip overseas for a month which one would it be? Surely our resident high-nic super-tight-draw fan isn't choosing the Hadaly?
If he doesn't say the BB then he is lying. It is The One True option of only one option can be had! :p

If he doesn't say the BB then he is lying. It is The One True option of only one option can be had! :p
Out of these three then maybe...

But he left the Subtank Mini out of the showdown because that just wouldn't be fair on these three kiddos :eek:

Lol @Stosta

For a trip away, if i could only take one of these three I would certainly take the BB
Reason is that its more compact, carries more juice and has been reliable to date.

The Skyline is great but requires frequent refilling and for travel its not as compact when on a mod.

Despite the good flavour on the Hadaly - its a dripper the way I am using it now, so not convenient for me for out and about.

Dont get me started on comparing these three with my other mighty devices such as the Subtank Mini, EVOD or the Reo/RM2....

Lol @Stosta

For a trip away, if i could only take one of these three I would certainly take the BB
Reason is that its more compact, carries more juice and has been reliable to date.

The Skyline is great but requires frequent refilling and for travel its not as compact when on a mod.

Despite the good flavour on the Hadaly - its a dripper the way I am using it now, so not convenient for me for out and about.

Dont get me started on comparing these three with my other mighty devices such as the Subtank Mini, EVOD or the Reo/RM2....
Perfect!

I feel you're still fence-sitting, but I'll forgive you because you have given such a great rundown on these three highly rated setups! Thanks for taking the time to test and report back on your findings.

Even though I'm moving towards dripping and DTL vaping, I would agree with you that it still isn't practical for out-and-about usage. I get great flavour from my drippers, but you have to be so careful with them or else you end up with juice everywhere, and for that reason tanks will still always have a place in my heart (read pocket and car).

Perfect!

I feel you're still fence-sitting, but I'll forgive you because you have given such a great rundown on these three highly rated setups! Thanks for taking the time to test and report back on your findings.

Even though I'm moving towards dripping and DTL vaping, I would agree with you that it still isn't practical for out-and-about usage. I get great flavour from my drippers, but you have to be so careful with them or else you end up with juice everywhere, and for that reason tanks will still always have a place in my heart (read pocket and car).

Lol again on the fence sitting accusation @Stosta

As for flavour and the vape itself its a very close toss up between the above three in the OP.
Id say the Hadaly wins by a small margin for its overall taste.
The skyline is a touch sharper and crisper and the BB quite a bit juicier and wetter.

I really like them all and have enjoyed rotating them. Each have their own nuance. That said, its not really a like for like fair comparison. They have different coils and different powers.

As a proud owner all 3 of the above in contention... They're all fantastic in their own right!!

The Hadaly, with a @Moey_Ismail pentacore at 0.25ohm does exceptionally well with bakery style juices. I'm not talking the overly powerful, pungent, so sweet you get a toothache kinda juice but more along the lines of a mildly complex kind... Carnival Crunch is a good example because that's what I have going on right now in the Hadaly/Gloom set up. A full bodied, textured and decadent vape.

The Skyline, with a @smilelykumeenit FSA at 0.40 ohm and 30W is clean, crisp, sharp and menthol orientated. Currently running LIT Side chic with a nic bump and its magical. It has the right amount of abrasiveness, with a cooling effect from the menthol. The flavor notes dance in and out purposefully and completely. It takes the heat out of any situation... Best vaped in a sauna kinda vibe.

The BB, my most used and most beloved device, paired with an exocet and a @smilelykumeenit nano alien at 0.9ohm and 25W, is my somewhat middle ground kind of set up in a sense that it specializes in anything not bakery or menthol. Reference for this is Bearded Vikings Loki, a lemon lime candy situation with more flavor notes than I can put my finger on. It's wet, it's dense, I can't even talk when my lungs are full of the saturated vapor on the inhale. It's the most flavor intense experience I have had to date. (And many here will know that I've tried more than a few devices and atty's in my hunt for Nirvana. The BB is also a very well rounded device in a sense that it has a high e-juice capacity, combined with low power and juice consumption... It's a workhorse!! It goes with me everywhere. I have faith in it, I rely on it... It's dependable and nifty. It's the crown jewel of my vaping arsenal!!

As a proud owner all 3 of the above in contention... They're all fantastic in their own right!!

The Hadaly, with a @Moey_Ismail pentacore at 0.25ohm does exceptionally well with bakery style juices. I'm not talking the overly powerful, pungent, so sweet you get a toothache kinda juice but more along the lines of a mildly complex kind... Carnival Crunch is a good example because that's what I have going on right now in the Hadaly/Gloom set up. A full bodied, textured and decadent vape.

The Skyline, with a @smilelykumeenit FSA at 0.40 ohm and 30W is clean, crisp, sharp and menthol orientated. Currently running LIT Side chic with a nic bump and its magical. It has the right amount of abrasiveness, with a cooling effect from the menthol. The flavor notes dance in and out purposefully and completely. It takes the heat out of any situation... Best vaped in a sauna kinda vibe.

The BB, my most used and most beloved device, paired with an exocet and a @smilelykumeenit nano alien at 0.9ohm and 25W, is my somewhat middle ground kind of set up in a sense that it specializes in anything not bakery or menthol. Reference for this is Bearded Vikings Loki, a lemon lime candy situation with more flavor notes than I can put my finger on. It's wet, it's dense, I can't even talk when my lungs are full of the saturated vapor on the inhale. It's the most flavor intense experience I have had to date. (And many here will know that I've tried more than a few devices and atty's in my hunt for Nirvana. The BB is also a very well rounded device in a sense that it has a high e-juice capacity, combined with low power and juice consumption... It's a workhorse!! It goes with me everywhere. I have faith in it, I rely on it... It's dependable and nifty. It's the crown jewel of my vaping arsenal!!

Such a great writeup and summary @Amir
Enjoyed reading that!

And am glad you have also experienced LIT Sidechick with added nic in the Skyline. Your description there is tops.

One thing is for sure, these three are great devices for flavour. And i am so glad i got the Hadaly from you ;-)

Back