Hate Towards Vape Shops

Cameron whittle

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
i would just like to know why some vape shops get so much hate online from people but others get so much love??

Customer Service is the reason why. Some places are just filled with teeny-bopper douchflutes who wouldn't know ohms law if it hit them on the head.

Customer Service is the reason why. Some places are just filled with teeny-bopper douchflutes who wouldn't know ohms law if it hit them on the head.
@mad_hatter , stop being diplomatic and tell us what you really think. :elefant:

@Cameron whittle , some shops know their demographic and target it hard, If you are not a part of that demographic, the experience is going to suck.
Some stores just have k@k service while others shower you with personalized attention.

Ultimately, they are all building a specific brand while also trying to make a buck or two. Sometimes they score an own goal in pursuit of $$$ and others sacrifice in order to reap customer loyalty.

Basically its just like any market, but with a smaller community behind it that communicates more which can serve to amplify wins and mistakes.

Listen to the hate/love but don't just follow it blindly. Use that information + your gray matter to make informed decisions :cool:

I suppose the stock answer is "haters gonna hate". Which is the most bizarre reasoning I have ever heard. Can you imagine if the public complained to govt about toll fees and their response was "haters gonna hate"? It is the lowest of low-effort responses.

Can you imagine if the public complained to govt about toll fees and their response was "haters gonna hate"?
Pretty sure that's exactly what they said initially, just with slightly different wording :p it was eventually followed by "haters may be right" though.

okay makes sense but then people should inform the owners of the shops to let them know there staff need more training

dont you think that would help?

@mad_hatter , stop being diplomatic and tell us what you really think. :elefant:

@Cameron whittle , some shops know their demographic and target it hard, If you are not a part of that demographic, the experience is going to suck.
Some stores just have k@k service while others shower you with personalized attention.

Ultimately, they are all building a specific brand while also trying to make a buck or two. Sometimes they score an own goal in pursuit of $$$ and others sacrifice in order to reap customer loyalty.

Basically its just like any market, but with a smaller community behind it that communicates more which can serve to amplify wins and mistakes.

Listen to the hate/love but don't just follow it blindly. Use that information + your gray matter to make informed decisions :cool:

i would like to make sense of it all is it the staff of the shop or is it the the store brand?

i would like to make sense of it all is it the staff of the shop or is it the the store brand?
Its the same basic fundamentals as any market. Be it vaping, sneakers or groceries.

There is nothing special in that regard when it comes to vape shops. Think to yourself why you like and feel passionate about anybrands/stores/specific locations and why you absolutely loathe others.

There is your answer.

i do understand customers are very loyal to a certain shop or brand but im sure if they dont like another shop they can at least let the owners know why and how to improve there business.

i mean everyone always says VapeFam but its doesnt always seem to be that why.

we should be helping each other not trying to bad month each other.

there is always room for improve in any company/business

There always is a reason. And a coin always has two sides.
i couldnt agree more with you but people are always understanding miss read a situation we someone is upset and posts it online ]

other people automatically think its the shops fault.

if they dont like another shop they can at least let the owners know why and how to improve there business.
I'm not there to run another guys business. I'm there to buy products and move on. If he's a good businessman, a consistent drop in sales will lead to introspection and he/she will then implement changes to improve the situation.

other people automatically think its the shops fault.
and when people do come on here and complain, the superstar vendors chime in and accept responsibility, or they place their facts into the public domain, usually winning them even more fans.

So, out of curiosity, varsity project or market research?

i would just like to know why some vape shops get so much hate online from people but others get so much love??
I dont think this is really complicated.

If a vendor has a bunch of bad reviews online compared to another, then is most likely that the one with bad reviews gives a bad service the majority of the time.
Thats the point of hellopeter, so that consumers can get a general idea on the service level of a specific vendor before they deal with them.

they need to understand that the people are just trying to help them improve there business

Not how the world or people work. If you not happy let your wallet do the talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i do understand customers are very loyal to a certain shop or brand but im sure if they dont like another shop they can at least let the owners know why and how to improve there business.

Its generally the vendors who want you to share your money as if you are family that group you as vapefam?

Another thing that will get the store bad cred is if the owner is a douchebag in general, on social media, or a Authentics only type douchebag. (Hardware, I am 100% against chinese knockoff juices, or Somali, or Nigerian, wherever they originate)

I don't know about out there, but here on this forum, any vendor that f***s up, is quickly reminded about customer service and the message gets across clearly. Whether they do something about it or not, is their problem.

There is no vapefam or community, any more than there is a music community. Within the broad spectrum of people who are fanatical about music, you will find metal-heads dissing rappers, rappers dissing C&W fans, C&W fans dissing disco, disco fans dissing jazz, jazz fans dissing house. That they all like music doesn't make them a musicfam, nor does it imply that they all need to get along and speak with one voice.

This spirit of faux camaraderie in vaping is unfathomable to me. I have nothing in common with some American Gamergater teen who hot-boxes his mom's Honda Civic with his Juuling buds. That we both happen to use vaporiser products is irrelevant. I would need to see a lot more similarities before accepting that we are kindred spirits who speak with one voice.

People are different and have different expectations.

I could say I hate Company X cos they are way over priced but at the same time my buddy loves them cos he feels he gets excellent service. Excellent service for me is next morning delivery and for him having the latest product by the afternoon is fine.

I guess what I am saying is its subjective.

I have walked into different branches of vape stores around South Africa and been treated good and bad. That doesn't make lady queen monopoly a good or bad vendor.

One gender neutral vendor said if you spend R1000 a month your not the kind of customer I am looking for in my store. I dont shop there but good luck to him plenty of people on this forum love her/him for excellent service. Business models are different and customers are ***** at best. Find the guys that work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back