HexOhm Potentiometer Calculations

GerritVisagie

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey Guys, so i got me a Hex at Vapecon, and have been working on a Table/tables to help me quickly and easily find the right pot setting for a particular build.
So i have finally finished it, and was wondering if there is a need out there from other hex users, Possibly the newbies like myself, to have such a "Quick Reference Guide".

Let me know if you guys would want something like that and ill share my Cheat Sheet.

@Silver , if i am missing something like a rule that we are not allowed to share such info on the forum, please let me know.

Hey Guys, so i got me a Hex at Vapecon, and have been working on a Table/tables to help me quickly and easily find the right pot setting for a particular build.
So i have finally finished it, and was wondering if there is a need out there from other hex users, Possibly the newbies like myself, to have such a "Quick Reference Guide".

Let me know if you guys would want something like that and ill share my Cheat Sheet.

@Silver , if i am missing something like a rule that we are not allowed to share such info on the forum, please let me know.
I think it's a great idea and would have you share it!
This is what I have seen but I generally thumb suck a percentage based on how warm the vape is.
images (96).jpeg

Good table, but I think your resistances are a bit low. They require a 30A current draw which is imho pushing the limits a bit

Good table, but I think your resistances are a bit low. They require a 30A current draw which is imho pushing the limits a bit
The Hex ohm board can only do 30Amps before failure and those are the minimum ohms per setting. They also recommend Sony VTC5's for the mod but as always I suggest an 85% max amp draw from a given battery CDR.

Waiting patiently for @GerritVisagie to publish his cheat sheet!

Will publish it soon, just need to get the laptop on a charger.
My cheat sheet is based on the image you posted @Christos.
I just elaborated on it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No rule about this @GerritVisagie ;-)
Looking forward to seeing your cheat sheet
If its from Excel a good thing is to just take a screenshot of it in an image program and post the image here.

is there a reason why i can't upload an excel sheet??

Ya, the forum software only does images and PDF uploads
Check out my post above

Best thing to do is copy and paste the excel sheet into an image viewer, then copy and paste the image here. That has worked for me before

Ya, the forum software only does images and PDF uploads
Check out my post above

Best thing to do is copy and paste the excel sheet into an image viewer, then copy and paste the image here. That has worked for me before
Or press start and type snipp.
Windows has a nifty snipping tool pre installed.

okay, here we go.
Keep in mind, this was originally made for my own use, i use VTC5A in my Hex, 30A rated by Mooch.

Ok, the blue indicates 4.2v , single batt mech range, or my benchmark.
Yellow, is what the mod can deliver, sitting around the 30A mark. also, my batts can handle that.
Red, is generally what the mod cannot handle, i only included it, because copy and paste.

let me know what you think gents, does is make sense?, willing to tweak it in order to help the newer guys.

Attachments

• HexOhm Calculation Sheet.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 175
okay, here we go.
Keep in mind, this was originally made for my own use, i use VTC5A in my Hex, 30A rated by Mooch.

Yellow, is what the mod can deliver, sitting around the 30A mark. also, my batts can handle that.
Red, is generally what the mod cannot handle, i only included it, because copy and paste.

let me know what you think gents, does is make sense?, willing to tweak it in order to help the newer guys.

Very nice looking tables @GerritVisagie !
I dont have a hexohm but if i did i would stick this up on my wall in my vape cave!

okay, here we go.

Excellent work,makes me want a Hexohm so i can use it.

okay, here we go.

nice work. so for your battery a .2 build is ideal. allowing max use of the potentiometer and full range of power.
so if you had a 20A battery draw the ideal build would be .3

nice work. so for your battery a .2 build is ideal. allowing max use of the potentiometer and full range of power.
so if you had a 20A battery draw the ideal build would be .3

Yes, the recommended build is stated as a 0.2 hence the green block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay, here we go.

@GerritVisagie can this table apply to the Hex V2.1?

Back