House of Clouds Review (NOT an Ecigssa Vendor)

baksteen8168

Useful Idiot
LV

Awards
[USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] - I didn't post this in the Local Retailer Reviews section as they are not on Ecigssa, but feel free to move the post if you need to.

The following is a review I posted on their FB page:

Bought 2 Noisy Crickets off of their website and after paying I was informed that the stock on site is wrong and they would have to refund me. No issues with this. My issue is that they still have not paid my refund. The owner stated that he needs 3 days for PayFast to clear the funds. While this is true he could just have logged into his payfast interface and refunded me from there as I paid via Instant EFT. Now, after those 3 days, they are ghosting me by ignoring my calls, whatsapps and FB messages. All I want is my refund.

TLDR: Customer support severely lackluster

*UPDATE* - Refunded on 2020/09/08

Last edited:
I do know that the refund process from Payfast is a manual one (you have to send an email to support) and it does take a few days (sometimes a week) for them to action the refund. That said, the moment the vendor logs the refund request they will receive a ticket ID email. If he's processed the refund ask for the Ticket ID, call Payfast and ask them if it's really in progress.

I do know that the refund process from Payfast is a manual one (you have to send an email to support) and it does take a few days (sometimes a week) for them to action the refund. That said, the moment the vendor logs the refund request they will receive a ticket ID email. If he's processed the refund ask for the Ticket ID, call Payfast and ask them if it's really in progress.

According to PayFast site it works like this:

1. Log into the PayFast dashboard and from the Transactions drop-down menu select ‘History’.
  2. Locate the purchase transaction to be refunded.
  3. Select the refund icon in the far right column.
  4. On the refund transaction screen, select if the refund type is a full or partial refund of the original transaction amount.
  5. Enter the amount of the refund.
  6. Enter the reason for the refund. This reason will be communicated to the buyer via the refund email confirmation.
  7. Optional: Select the checkbox to send yourself a copy of the confirmation email.
  8. Click the Refund button to complete the refund process. A completion status notification will reflect on the screen.
For an Instant EFT refund, the process is almost identical to a credit card refund but on the refund transaction screen you are required to add the account holder’s name and select the account type.

https://zoho.payfast.co.za/portal/en/kb/articles/how-do-i-refund-a-payment

Interesting!

I ran my company's online store until June this year and we didn't have such functionality. We have had to do it manually.

I do hope you get sorted though!

Interesting!

I ran my company's online store until June this year and we didn't have such functionality. We have had to do it manually.

I do hope you get sorted though!
Thanks. Sad it has to come to this, but if he just replied to my messages or answered the phone I would not have posted the reviews. I'll keep everyone updated on when (IF) they sort this issue out

From a vendor perspective

Payfast refunds are a pain in the ass depending on which option you used to pay. Even on the backend you still need to wait a few days before it is available for the refund (Which is true in his statement) and certain options you do need to email them for such as mobicred and surprisingly the instant eft option, they really are ridiculous! They also take forever to process refunds when you email them, but like mentioned above they do send an email instantly with your ticket

That being said however, the fact that they are ignoring you is problematic. But I say give them the benefit of the doubt for now, the backend refund processing is a very new feature with payfast so he may not be aware of it, I stumbled across it completely accidently a little while ago, but for the longest time they didn't have it.

Last edited:
From a vendor perspective

Payfast refunds are a pain in the ass depending on which option you used to pay. Even on the backend you still need to wait a few days before it is available for the refund (Which is true in his statement) and certain options you do need to email them for such as mobicred and surprisingly the instant eft option, they really are ridiculous! They also take forever to process refunds when you email them, but like mentioned above they do send an email instantly with your ticket

That being said however, the fact that they are ignoring you is problematic. But I say give them the benefit of the doubt for now, the backend refund processing is a very new feature with payfast so he may not be aware of it, I stumbled across it completely accidently a little while ago for the longest time they didn't have it.
Thanks for clarifying from a vendor's point of view.

I completely understand that the refund might take time, as well as the fact that there are scammers out there and he simply opted to wait for the funds to clear before refunding me (if this is why he is waiting to do the refund)

I however do not appreciate the fact that he couldn't send a simple whatsapp in reply to mine. Even if it was just to say that the funds have not cleared yet. Not providing feedback makes him look like someone who decided that he'll just ignore me and keep the money.

FINALLY got a response!

Quoting the whatsapp exchange:

HOC: Listen boss i understand whatever you saying i get that we wrong completely
HOC: But there is something wrong with our accounts
Me: So how do we resolve this? I need my refund
HOC: Im gonna have to pay you back
HOC: Lets me get some funds in i will contact you when i get any efts either today or tomorrow
HOC: I will just eft anytimeand send you the pop oryt?
Me: "Thumbs up Emoji"
HOC: Perfect Thanks for understanding my bru

So now we wait again...

Just to add

"Something wrong with our accounts" and "let me get some funds in" to me means that he spent my money and now doesn't have the funds available to pay me back... (just my opinion)

Thanks for giving feedback on this vendor @baksteen8168

Hope you get your refund.

Have moved this to Vendor Reviews. This sub forum is for us to review any vendor not just ECIGSSA supporting vendors

Stuff the refund. Who de hell speaks to a customer "my bru"
Children running a business?
So much business being on WhatsApp these days. You advertise something and say what you are asking and people haggle you your price is is to high. (Especially after lock down where you paid an exorbitant price for the device and think you can recoup some of the money.) One group or members of a group running down another group or company. Totally distasteful behaviour and professionalism in many cases is hardly existent. Members of the group are not disciplined or removed as the founder of the group does the same as the members. You join a group following a link a new group is starting and next thing someone is saying everyone has a fear of missing out (FOMO) but the person saying obviously does not have the same condition. You tolerate it for a while just to see the shenanigans. When somebody decides they have had enough and leave the group, people put up icons of a boot being kicked. Business isn't what one was used to in the old days. E-mails are out and they want to send everything by WhatsApp.

Stuff the refund. Who de hell speaks to a customer "my bru"
Children running a business?
I only noticed that after I read your post, I :facepalm: the moment I read "Listen Boss". Yes, sometimes you have to say such things to an unreasonable customer but not in such a scenario when you yourself are at fault.

@KZOR also picked up on this and will be mentioning it in his live broadcast on Thursday (if this isn't sorted out by then).

UPDATE

Just got another whatsapp from HOC that promises to do the refund on Monday morning. "when I wake up" was his exact words.

UPDATE

Got a ton of FB messages on Saturday from someone else representing HOC. Will post them later if need be, but the short version is that they are unhappy about the negative review because I've only been waiting 1 day for my refund and not 1 month, and basically stating that they will do my refund AFTER I change or remove my negative reviews.

Correct me if I am in the wrong here, but wouldn't any decent retailer refund the money as soon as possible after it's discovered that there is no stock? I would also expect the retailer to keep me informed if there's any delay in refunding me. Or am I being unreasonable here?

As said before, I understand that they needed to wait for payfast to release the funds. They stated 3 days. On the 3rd day I tried calling, emailing, whatsapping and FB messaging to find out when my refund will be processed, and after all of those avenues failed I posted the negative review.

What's confusing to me, is that they still show stock of the item on the website. Which in effect means that someone else will go through the same situation as @baksteen8168 should they not read this thread. Unethical if you ask me from the vendor.

upload_2020-9-7_7-50-15.png

What's confusing to me, is that they still show stock of the item on the website. Which in effect means that someone else will go through the same situation as @baksteen8168 should they not read this thread. Unethical if you ask me from the vendor.

View attachment 206657
I didn't even think to go back and check if the stock has been updated.

Shocking that they haven't even updated it to sold out :facepalm:

UPDATE

Got a ton of FB messages on Saturday from someone else representing HOC. Will post them later if need be, but the short version is that they are unhappy about the negative review because I've only been waiting 1 day for my refund and not 1 month, and basically stating that they will do my refund AFTER I change or remove my negative reviews.

Correct me if I am in the wrong here, but wouldn't any decent retailer refund the money as soon as possible after it's discovered that there is no stock? I would also expect the retailer to keep me informed if there's any delay in refunding me. Or am I being unreasonable here?

As said before, I understand that they needed to wait for payfast to release the funds. They stated 3 days. On the 3rd day I tried calling, emailing, whatsapping and FB messaging to find out when my refund will be processed, and after all of those avenues failed I posted the negative review.

Refund after you take the comment down... hahahaha... what absolute rubbish!!! You have the right to your opinion and them being on social media leaves them open for positive and negative feedback, if they do not want to accept the feedback (which ever way) then they can take their FB page down and stop advertising on Social Media... they took your money, they did not give you what you purchased, it is a breach of contract on trade and it is illegal. No matter what their refund time-frame is, they cannot now come back and hold you ransom to remove the post, that is extortion and also illegal. The bloody cheek of some people...

Remove the post take ur refund and then post it again, this time also mention that they hold the refund back if u post a negative review

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Remove the post take ur refund and then post it again, this time also mention that hold the refund back of u post a negative review

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
I don't want to do that as that is just a crappy move on my side. Besides, If I remove the review what's stopping them from blocking me on their FB page?

Back