Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Am creating this thread to contain discussions that were had in one of the review threads after two reviewer's reviews on the same device were moved into the same thread.

Let's use this thread to discuss further how best reviews should be posted on the forum.

This is an open discussion and we encourage your comments - from both members and reviewers alike.

Our intention is to have our own internal discussions as the Admin & Mod Team and consider all the commentary to suggest refinements and the way forward.

For now, continue posting your reviews as you have been in the past. If you want to create your own thread on a review of a particular device, that is cool. If you would rather post your review on another existing review thread for that device - that is good too.

Hi @Timwis

I have moved your review to this existing thread

Can I ask all reviewers just to check if an existing thread exists before posting their review. It will be helpful for future reference and readers if the reviews on a particular device are all together. Instead of various threads - scatterred around.

You can check for an existing thread by searching on the name of the device in "thread titles" using the search facility. Just tick the "Search titles only" tickbox at the top. And it helps to search in a particular subforum for whatever the device is - so if its a RDA, go to the subforum for RDA reviews.

@Room Fogger , I have renamed the thread title, removing "Room Fogger" from it. So it can house reviews from other reviewers.

Feel free to post the review or a link to it in your dedicated Reviewer thread in the Reviewers subforum.

PS - thanks for the headsup @Hooked - if you spot multiple threads like this in the future, please feel free to PM any of the Admin and Mod team and we can try assist to get the content together.

Last edited:
Hi @Timwis

I have moved your review to this existing thread

Can I ask all reviewers just to check if an existing thread exists before posting their review. It will be helpful for future reference and readers if the reviews on a particular device are all together. Instead of various threads - scatterred around.

You can check for an existing thread by searching on the name of the device in "thread titles" using the search facility. Just tick the "Search titles only" tickbox at the top. And it helps to search in a particular subforum for whatever the device is - so if its a RDA, go to the subforum for RDA reviews.

@Room Fogger , I have renamed the thread title, removing "Room Fogger" from it. So it can house reviews from other reviewers.

Feel free to post the review or a link to it in your dedicated Reviewer thread in the Reviewers subforum.

PS - thanks for the headsup @Hooked - if you spot multiple threads like this in the future, please feel free to PM any of the Admin and Mod team and we can try assist to get the content together.
Thanks @Silver , will remember in future, will also make it easier for anyone to have all the reviews in one place. I will open a reviewers thread for myself as well to post the links for reference purposes.

Hours of work to become just the 9th comment on a thread someone else has ownership off, i feel totally disrespected. If people take their time to review a product they deserve their own platform @Room Fogger deserves his and i deserve mine.

Hi @Timwis

Please don’t feel upset about this

You have many threads where you were the first and only person to review the device.

This is a forum where we try our best to keep content organized. If all the reviews of devices are scattered all over then a reader will unlikely find them all.

This is a forum where we contribute for the good of everyone. If you want your own thread to highlight the reviews you have done then feel free to start a Timwis thread in the Reviewers sub forum and you can repost the review there or post links to the actual review elsewhere in the relevant sub forums.

By the way @Timwis

We renamed the thread title so it is a generic thread for reviews on this device.

No one “owns” it. It’s here for all of us.

By the way @Timwis

We renamed the thread title so it is a generic thread for reviews on this device.

No one “owns” it. It’s here for all of us.
Discussion started by @Room Fogger their is already a comment:

"Great review @Room Fogger Loving the pics and write up
emoji108.png
"

Although i agree with this comment it was posted after my review in the thread as if i don't exist.

I will do an experiment about organisation and post my findings. I'm going to ask a friend to find my review on the forums i post to and see how easy he found it on each forum.

Hi @Timwis

I understand you are frustrated but please don’t be.

I assume you are sharing your reviews here on the forum for the benefit of all. If so then why would you be so upset ?

I have been doing reviews on juices for about 5 years. Go have a look at the Silvers Review thread where I link to the actual review I wrote in the relevant juice manufacturer thread. In the large majority of my reviews I am not the first person posting in that thread. In fact in many cases my review is not even on the first page ! That’s why I have a single thread in the reviewers sub forum to link to all my reviews I’ve done in my own index.

I have put in hundreds of hours on my reviews. But we feel it’s best to keep the reviews in a thread for each manufacturer when it comes to juices.

Here in this hardware review thread it’s for a particular device not even for a manufacturer

Last edited:
Although i agree with this comment it was posted after my review in the thread as if i don't exist.

No need to be upset about this either. That was a comment from another local member Daniel Craig who appreciated Room Foggers review. I am quite sure his intention was not to make you feel like you don’t exist. You have had plenty comments on other threads thanking you for your insights. I have even written several myself.

No need to be upset about this either. That was a comment from another local member Daniel Craig who appreciated Room Foggers review. I am quite sure his intention was not to make you feel like you don’t exist. You have had plenty comments on other threads thanking you for your insights. I have even written several myself.
As i expected he found my reviews instantly on all other forums but has given up trying to find it on here. I told him it has been buried within another thread and he was shocked at the disrespect. I explained it was so it's to make it more organised. He just laughed and said but it's the opposite.
I am trying to be nice and not mentioning busy body's name, i don't interfere or make comments on what anyone does or make comments that can result in things being done which will possibly affect or upset others. I expect the same courtesy in exchange.

Sorry to have to take sides but I agree with @Timwis. Ideally, the best way to go would put them as individual reviews under the manufacturer or company name and leave them there as separate reviews. Then open a thread here - say for example, Alpha Zip Kit Owners Comments Here and we can share our input as a community.

I'm sticking to my review thread and keeping all of them together. It's easier for me to keep track of everything I've reviewed so far , which reminds me I need to sort my indexing list.

Sorry to have to take sides but I agree with @Timwis. Ideally, the best way to go would put them as individual reviews under the manufacturer or company name and leave them there as separate reviews. Then open a thread here - say for example, Alpha Zip Kit Owners Comments Here and we can share our input as a community.

I'm sticking to my review thread and keeping all of them together. It's easier for me to keep track of everything I've reviewed so far , which reminds me I need to sort my indexing list.
Thanks for some support, i'm not trying to be awkward it's just when i post a review that took a lot of time and effort i don't want to come on here to find it's been moved to post 9 on another thread, whether that was the same subject matter or not.

@Room Fogger and @Timwis well done to both of you.
@Silver both reviews was great and i seem to enjoy reading both reviewers notes.
I also didnt expect to see the mix of reviews as it is now and can understand the frustration.
So how about having sub-forums within the main thread to seperate the two or even four reviewers work from each other.

I hear you @Timwis

Not sure who your friend is but you are not even acknowledging what we are trying to do here.

We are trying to have a forum that benefits the reader and have had this for years.

Now the first time your review gets moved to a thread on the same device you call it disrespect that your post is number 9 on the thread.

If your friend was trying to find reviews by Timwis then I see how it May be easier to find your review if your thread was separate. Although you don’t title your reviews with a Timwis Reviews so am not sure what the difference is in this thread title or the original one. Just you would need to scroll down.

However , the above is when someone is trying to find a review of yours.

What if someone is trying to find a review on this particular device. I would imagine that is more appropriate. Then what would be better? Finding one thread here and maybe another one somewhere else. Or finding one thread with all the reviews of a particular device grouped together in a single thread ?

You are looking at it from your point of view. What are your opinions on what I have said above ? Which approach do you think adds more value to the reader?

Am keen to hear your opinion on that and anyone else for that matter. From members not necessarily reviewers.

As I said if you want to highlight your own reviews then that’s what the Revoewers subtorum is for. One thread for each reviewer. The concept is explained in the sticky at the top of that sub forum.

No disrespect intended to you or anyone.

Ah yes I've got some advice for you @Timwis - create your own thread under reviewers and keep all your threads together with an indexing list linked to each review - ie post #5 link to nr 6 title of thread

That's what @Silver advised to do when I asked him questions before I started mine.

Ah yes I've got some advice for you @Timwis - create your own thread under reviewers and keep all your threads together with an indexing list linked to each review - ie post #5 link to nr 6 title of thread

That's what @Silver advised to do when I asked him questions before I started mine.
That looks fine just had a look but after so many reviews have been done when someone posts a comment or asks a question how would you know which review they are referring to? Imagine for example you had 50 reviews and someone asked a question about the fourth review you did like "Does the device fire when locked?" you would be thinking what device, i have reviewed 50 in this thread. I hear what you are saying about indexing but not sure how you link an individual post i thought you could only link the thread which if that's the case wouldn't help.

That looks fine just had a look but after so many reviews have been done when someone posts a comment or asks a question how would you know which review they are referring to? Imagine for example you had 50 reviews and someone asked a question about the fourth review you did like "Does the device fire when locked?" you would be thinking what device, i have reviewed 50 in this thread. I hear what you are saying about indexing but not sure how you link an individual post i thought you could only link the thread which if that's the case wouldn't help.
I am sure the poster will refer to it by name.

Linking individual posts is easy, just click on the post number at the bottom of the post, a link appears for sharing directly towards it.

@Timwis

May I suggest you go have a look here:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/silvers-juice-reviews.t5421/

Click on the links to the reviews - you will see it takes you to the actual review elsewhere on the forum in the correct place.

I hear you - dont worry - nothing against you - we just trying to find a solution that gives reviewers their own thread so they can make announcements of their latest reviews - while at the same time have content that;s easier to find later.

We came up with this Reviewers subforum a while back - and while nothing is perfect - it seems that this is working quite nicely for most people.

Am keen to hear what others say and if there is a much better way of doing things - we are all ears.

What if someone is trying to find a review on this particular device

Agree so if someone goes to the review section on a forum they can easily see a review by both @Room Fogger (great review that i enjoyed) and a review by @Timwis they have 2 to read or they might think i will read @Room Fogger review but won't bother with @Timwis review because he talks rubbish, tried and tested system which is organised. If i didn't do reviews and i wanted to read about this device i now would find a thread and read the review but possibly wouldn't read all the comments and even get to the 2nd review, doesn't that defeat the objective?

We are trying to have a forum that benefits the reader and have had this for years

I understand that but i fail to see how it does that.

Not sure who your friend is

It might surprise you but i have many friends and would be shocked if you did know any.

I am sure the poster will refer to it by name.

Linking individual posts is easy, just click on the post number at the bottom of the post, a link appears for sharing directly towards it.
I will have to organise my reviews like that when i have some time then, once done i will write future reviews there. That means hopefully in future i won't come on here to find it's so organised i can't even find my own review. Such great organisation!

Hi there everyone,

Firstly seeing my name in this discussion is making me uncomfortable, and I do not like the feeling. First and foremost any threads that I start, or my reviews must never be here if they make anyone feel disrespected, or if they prove to be offensive to anyone, or if they are fictional, and I believe that this falls into neither of the categories.

@Timwis , thank you for your reviews, I have a lot of respect for your insights and I now know that it takes a lot of time to do a review and the effort that goes into them. You were part of my inspiration for wanting to do the same and give everyone insight regarding a certain device or item from my personal experience with it. As individuals we are different and different perspectives from multiple people will be to the benefit of everyone looking at a specific device or item.

I believe that I also understand fully where @Silver is coming from, from an system administration side and the administration on the forum search side for a specific item, especially for newbies or other visitors to the site. They might not necessarily know a reviewers name, only the device or item they are looking to get information on. Chances are they will go to a specific thread, I.e. RDA, Regulated device etc to look for the information.

I believe that this “problem” we are experiencing is quite easy to resolve, I am going to open up a thread under the reviewers tab for myself as suggested and done by @RainstormZA for her reviews, where I can post my reviews and where I can index and reference them. In this way, I can take full responsibility for the content in them and take full recognition for them as well. I think we all take pride in what we publish in the end, and would like the individual recognition attached to this. I suggest we all do this. In that way this will resolve the impasse we are in currently.

A general thread can then be opened by any of the reviewers in the thread applicable to the review, ie RDA, RTA etc, and a link to your review will be the only thing that is published by all reviewers of the product or item, and maybe just a generic phrase like “click this link to read/watch my review on xxxxxxxx product, and people looking for information can then access the individual reviews by all published from there if they feel the need to and comment on the review in the reviewers personal thread. I do not mind if my link appears first or last, but cannot comment on behalf of all.

I really urge as many as possible on the forum, not only the reviewers and the [USERGROUP=3]@Admins[/USERGROUP] team to please feel free to comment on my suggestion and if anyone feels that it is a realistic solution to this, without making the administration of the Forum site more work or more difficult for the admin team. They control a phenomenal amount of data and information and keeping this site it in tip top condition for everyone’s benefit must be the first priority.

I abide by the majority decision

RF

I will have to organise my reviews like that when i have some time then, once done i will write future reviews there. That means hopefully in future i won't come on here to find it's so organised i can't even find my own review. Such great organisation!
I assure if you ask nicely, Silver can help you move all your threads together in one post and reserve the first post for intro and indexing then you can edit first post and add as you go. Administrators have more flexibility over forum tools than we do and it probably makes it easier for us.

Like Room Fogger said, the admins work with a lot of data so respect to them for working on this forum with no pay and with only all their passion.

Agree so if someone goes to the review section on a forum they can easily see a review by both @Room Fogger (great review that i enjoyed) and a review by @Timwis they have 2 to read or they might think i will read @Room Fogger review but won't bother with @Timwis review because he talks rubbish, tried and tested system which is organised. If i didn't do reviews and i wanted to read about this device i now would find a thread and read the review but possibly wouldn't read all the comments and even get to the 2nd review, doesn't that defeat the objective?

I understand that but i fail to see how it does that.

It might surprise you but i have many friends and would be shocked if you did know any.
Hi @Timwis , great review from you as usual, and thank you for the kind words, it is appreciated and means I am on the right path.

Hi there everyone,

Firstly seeing my name in this discussion is making me uncomfortable, and I do not like the feeling. First and foremost any threads that I start, or my reviews must never be here if they make anyone feel disrespected, or if they prove to be offensive to anyone, or if they are fictional, and I believe that this falls into neither of the categories.

@Timwis , thank you for your reviews, I have a lot of respect for your insights and I now know that it takes a lot of time to do a review and the effort that goes into them. You were part of my inspiration for wanting to do the same and give everyone insight regarding a certain device or item from my personal experience with it. As individuals we are different and different perspectives from multiple people will be to the benefit of everyone looking at a specific device or item.

I believe that I also understand fully where @Silver is coming from, from an system administration side and the administration on the forum search side for a specific item, especially for newbies or other visitors to the site. They might not necessarily know a reviewers name, only the device or item they are looking to get information on. Chances are they will go to a specific thread, I.e. RDA, Regulated device etc to look for the information.

I believe that this “problem” we are experiencing is quite easy to resolve, I am going to open up a thread under the reviewers tab for myself as suggested and done by @RainstormZA for her reviews, where I can post my reviews and where I can index and reference them. In this way, I can take full responsibility for the content in them and take full recognition for them as well. I think we all take pride in what we publish in the end, and would like the individual recognition attached to this. I suggest we all do this. In that way this will resolve the impasse we are in currently.

A general thread can then be opened by any of the reviewers in the thread applicable to the review, ie RDA, RTA etc, and a link to your review will be the only thing that is published by all reviewers of the product or item, and maybe just a generic phrase like “click this link to read/watch my review on xxxxxxxx product, and people looking for information can then access the individual reviews by all published from there if they feel the need to and comment on the review in the reviewers personal thread. I do not mind if my link appears first or last, but cannot comment on behalf of all.

I really urge as many as possible on the forum, not only the reviewers and the g0g team to please feel free to comment on my suggestion and if anyone feels that it is a realistic solution to this, without making the administration of the Forum site more work or more difficult for the admin team. They control a phenomenal amount of data and information and keeping this site it in tip top condition for everyone’s benefit must be the first priority.

I abide by the majority decision

RF
I have at no point made out or have any issue with you @Room Fogger but i didn't like my review getting moved into your thread that was yours and shouldn't in my opinion have someone else's review adding.
It also isn't about people looking up reviews by certain reviewers, i'm not that vain as to think people would be waiting for the next offering by me. I just want my reviews to be visible after the work i put in, not buried in another thread.
You did a cracking review and in my opinion it deserves it's own stage.

Ok let me give my 2c. This is called guerilla marketing. One Vendor/manufaturer give items away to people and want reviews in return. Thus they get cheap advertising. It is the same products over and over. Im sure none of this happened to any other products that @Timwis reviewed and I sure it will not happen to any other products he review, so basicly you can just carry on as before, just nowing that a certain product review may be grouped with other reviewers.

As for the marketing scheme on this forum. I have no clue how the forum work, but I know that you never see in the main feed, any Vendors post. So I dont think its fair to all the other Vendors/manufacturers that one company can send stuff out and then the main feed on the home page, every second thread is a review of a product of that company. Like we saw the last week or two. There was at one stage 4 different threads with reviews of the same product on the first 20 threads of the main feed.
There are many supporting Vendors, is it fair to them? They dont even reach the main feed(top recent posts).

Ok let me give my 2c. This is called guerilla marketing. One Vendor/manufaturer give items away to people and want reviews in return. Thus they get cheap advertising. It is the same products over and over. Im sure none of this happened to any other products that @Timwis reviewed and I sure it will not happen to any other products he review, so basicly you can just carry on as before, just nowing that a certain product review may be grouped with other reviewers.

As for the marketing scheme on this forum. I have no clue how the forum work, but I know that you never see in the main feed, any Vendors post. So I dont think its fair to all the other Vendors/manufacturers that one company can send stuff out and then the main feed on the home page, every second thread is a review of a product of that company. Like we saw the last week or two. There was at one stage 4 different threads with reviews of the same product on the first 20 threads of the main feed.
There are many supporting Vendors, is it fair to them? They dont even reach the main feed(top recent posts).
It's a tricky one as a lot of manufacturers do offer X amount of products out free for testing purposes which is separate from the review samples they send out to regular reviewers. Vaporesso do it often but usually via their website but their are others. Voopoo clearly did it through forums and get your point but it's a great opportunity for regular forum members to get a device or tank or kit whatever for free and of course a review will be wanted in return. I can see how it seems Voopoo are dominating other vendors but all manufacturers or vendors would do the same if they came up with the idea. Innokin is a brand i really respect but when they decided to become a supporting Manufacturer on ECF for months it was Innokin everywhere. I don't see as Voopoo are actually doing anything wrong here as long as they are not demanding bios reviews but i can't see that has happened as all the reviews i have read on here to do with the Voopoo products that have been given to people have been honest reviews

Back