Howell batteries (cells)

Resistance

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Anyone know about these. I'm seeing then on vape sites and a few converts (newbies) are looking to buy some.

Any info appreciated thanks.Screenshot_20220219_182719_com.android.chrome.jpg

I see them popping up now. And noticed the company has been around for a while. Still not much info on the cells itself
The only reason I know of them is because I took a peek inside my UPS, and other than saying this UPS has performed well through all our load shedding over the past two an a half years that I've had it / the installed cells ... however, I can't comment on much more than that, save to say that their indicated weights per cell on their web site certainly imply that they probably are the capacities claimed, albeit that they have a blue sleeve, unlike the cream / grey? coloured ones in your post?

The only reason I know of them is because I took a peek inside my UPS, and other than saying this UPS has performed well through all our load shedding over the past two an a half years that I've had it / the installed cells ... however, I can't comment on much more than that, save to say that their indicated weights per cell on their web site certainly imply that they probably are the capacities claimed, albeit that they have a blue sleeve, unlike the cream / grey? coloured ones in your post?
I've seen the blue sleeves on them as well during my search for more info. Seem they have been hiding in plain sight. Cheaper than the Batts we normalized for vaping and looks like it's the next big thing

Why would you go for an "unknown" battery when you can get genuine 25r's for half the price?View attachment 250725

I wouldn't trust that battery at that price... That's the same price I paid back in 2015 when I imported directly... If something seems too good to be true, it usually is

I've seen the blue sleeves on them as well during my search for more info. Seem they have been hiding in plain sight. Cheaper than the Batts we normalized for vaping and looks like it's the next big thing
Edit
I think it has a higher capacity like 3000mah

Edit
I think it has a higher capacity like 3000mah
There are many cells out there that we are not aware of. Mainly because we use ones with uncommonly high amp draw ratings. There are cells out there that probably achieve much higher energy density that our +- 3000mAh, but with a much, much lower amp rating.

I see these seem to indicate 9000mAh, this may be optimistic irrespective the Amp limitations but would indicate a possible max amp draw of around 5 Amps. (Guestimate, I must admit.) Thing is, there are sharks and uninformed beings out there that will sell us these without blinking an eye.

The golden rule of vaping cells: If Mooch has not tested and approved it, leave it be.

Regards

I wouldn't trust that battery at that price... That's the same price I paid back in 2015 when I imported directly... If something seems too good to be true, it usually is
I have multiple 25r's and 30q's from the particular vendor and they are all 100% genuine!
Fair enough you say you wont trust it at that price... Ive bought 25r's and 30q's from other vendorals at double the price only to discover they were fakes or rewraps.
I will continue to buy batteries from the particulat vendor for as long as he has the special running..

There are many cells out there that we are not aware of. Mainly because we use ones with uncommonly high amp draw ratings. There are cells out there that probably achieve much higher energy density that our +- 3000mAh, but with a much, much lower amp rating.

I see these seem to indicate 9000mAh, this may be optimistic irrespective the Amp limitations but would indicate a possible max amp draw of around 5 Amps. (Guestimate, I must admit.) Thing is, there are sharks and uninformed beings out there that will sell us these without blinking an eye.

The golden rule of vaping cells: If Mooch has not tested and approved it, leave it be.

Regards
Not sure where you get the 9000mAh from :oops: ... Be that as it may, I do agree, that unless you're prepared to test these cells thoroughly, rather stick with a known quantity, (Mooch in this context), as whilst their weight is indicative of truth in claimed capacity, their site doesn't list maximum current draw capabilities and other.
1645376545863.png

Regards
Bro, I hear you. These are being sold in vape stores right now.

I have multiple 25r's and 30q's from the particular vendor and they are all 100% genuine!
Fair enough you say you wont trust it at that price... Ive bought 25r's and 30q's from other vendorals at double the price only to discover they were fakes or rewraps.
I will continue to buy batteries from the particulat vendor for as long as he has the special running..
That still doesn't tell us where. I have a bunch of converts needing Batts. We. Scraped a few. Mods together for them. All. We. Need is very capable batts

Not sure where you get the 9000mAh from :oops: ... Be that as it may, I do agree, that unless you're prepared to test these cells thoroughly, rather stick with a known quantity, (Mooch in this context), as whilst their weight is indicative of truth in claimed capacity, their site doesn't list maximum current draw capabilities and other.
View attachment 250728
Can see better on the PC screen, you are correct, only saw the full text now. Got distracted by the last part of the bottom line.

Screenshot 2022-02-20 at 19.30.11.png

Regards

That still doesn't tell us where. I have a bunch of converts needing Batts. We. Scraped a few. Mods together for them. All. We. Need is very capable batts
If I knew where to lay my hands on a few, I'd gladly test them for you, (and NO!, I ain't stripping my UPS for test samples :p)

Lemme get a few and test em' ... they may well be what they claim? ;) ... the fact that they are installed in a Schneider Electric UPS does give me some hope :)
What Mooch tells us is that there are only a few cell manufaturers out there. Sony, LG, Samsung and one to two more. They also manufacture cells under other third party brand names but these are mostly just rewraps of the actual manufacturer's existing range. There are exeptions, and sometimes they will alter chemical composition as per request. Hohm Grown cells are LG's with some added Cadmium if I remember right.

These under discussion seem to be Sony VTC 4/5(?) or Samsung 25R's to me. Both very top of the range cells.

Regards

Lemme get a few and test em' ... they may well be what they claim? ;) ... the fact that they are installed in a Schneider Electric UPS does give me some hope :)
Advertised at R100 at Foggas cape Town. Don't hknow if there a store close.to you

Back