Is my Wotofo Troll X DOA?

ShaneDylan96

Juice Hoarder.
LV

Awards
I'm starting to think I bought myself a first batch Troll X because I can not get it to stop leaking now. First wick when I got it, It randomly started leaking after I stopped vaping it for an hour, Second wick went well with leaking underneath AFC ring and then randomly started leaking on day 4, Third wick, Same thing as the first wick... Just started leaking after not using it and now on my fourth wick it's pissing from underneath the AFC ring again... What am I doing wrong? Or is it safe to assume I can throw it in the bin?PicsArt_07-12-06.31.58.jpg PicsArt_07-12-06.31.27.jpg PicsArt_07-12-06.31.02.jpg PicsArt_07-12-06.30.28.jpg PicsArt_07-12-06.29.55.jpg

How is your juice refill seal? I found that the moment mine was damaged it allowed air into the tank causing constant leaking

How is your juice refill seal? I found that the moment mine was damaged it allowed air into the tank causing constant leaking

Not even a bruise on the rubber. I guess my Troll X is just from a bad batch... First I had a Blotto Mini with the same problem and now the Troll X...:-@
IMG_20210712_185416.jpg

Ja can imagine its frustrating I gave mine to a bud of mine no matter how you wick it there's continues leaks

I had the same problem with a VV Kylin, pissed all the time, I retired it and will never see the light of day again.

If you want to send it to a good home let me know I got someone looking for a tank to use would go to a good home shane

I rewicked last night, stuffed slightly more cotton than usual and vaped about 2 tanks so far with no leaks. Hopefully it stays that way! fingers crossed
Let me know how it goes. Have to give my batteries a charge again before I can rewick tonight and hopefully I get the same results...

I have the infamous leak too ... it'll drain a tank in about 15 minutes out the air ports :WHAT?:

This is an ex. @KZOR tank, so I assume that it was used for a review and was tested?
I've tried tight wicks in the juice ports, loose wicks in the ports, raised wicks, lowered wicks, raised coils, lowered coils, wide coils, narrow coils ... I even resorted to 80:20 juice without any success, and ... my O-rings and gaskets are 100%, and I changed them out anyway ... all without success :notagain:

What did give me limited success, was to block the four outer airholes with the ends of toothpicks, and it slowed the leak considerably, with an obvious pickup of vape density / flavour, so I may well tap them and put in 2mm grub screws later, IF I can stop this thing from dumping its contents on my mods.

What I have noticed is that the juice port on the positive terminal side is badly machined, and considerably larger than the port on the deck baseplate side, and there is some play in the center air insert, (which implies a bad seal). I can't remove the air flow ring to see what's happening under there, so I have to assume that all is well there? :rolleyes:

Any other ideas guys? ... This tank rocks flavour, (when it's not leaking)

20211206_162342.jpg 20211207_070414.jpg 20211207_070438.jpg 20211207_070917.jpg 20211206_162318.jpg

Nope ... still have mine. :) Donated by Deon Dannhauser.
The reason why some tanks leak is the delicate diaphragm under the topcap.
A small tear is enough to cause this issue.

Thanks for that @KZOR ... I replaced all the seals and O-rings, so I've ruled out that possibility ;)
I assumed that it was yours, and as such, that it worked 100%, meaning I was doing something silly :rolleyes:, but now am leaning towards the possibility that it may indeed be some manufacturing issue :notagain:

so I've ruled out that possibility

I actually saw a bloke that fixed his by using plumbers tape on the threading of the build deck. He reckoned his problem was juice seeping through the threading because the barrel did not seal when threaded onto the deck leading to juice pouring through the airholes.

Troll X tape.jpg

I actually saw a bloke that fixed his by using plumbers tape on the threading of the build deck. He reckoned his problem was juice seeping through the threading because the barrel did not seal when threaded onto the deck leading to juice pouring through the airholes.
View attachment 245785

Thanks for that :) ... I'll certainly look into that, as based on the speed at which it drains this is highly likely the source, and ... if it is ... an X-ring seal at it's base should sort it out nicely, else I might have to machine a new chamber / chimney :eek:

I'm also leaning towards there being multiple issues here, and as it improved when I temporarily blocked the outer four air ports ... I'm leaning towards the wicking ports and their close proximity to the outer four air holes also being part of the problem, so I'm going to machine the deck half a mm lower, tapering it towards the wicking port, (which would effectively raise the centre air flow), and then tap / put in grub screws into the four outer air flows to block them off.

Back