Items stuck at customs. What now?

Quintusson

Life is good and I am blessed :)
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Hi,

I ordered something from the UK last year December. After searching parcel tracking sites, etc. including Royal Mail's official site (which lost sight of the parcel once it entered SA) I phoned SAPO and they eventually told me that the item landed in SA on the 19th of Jan 2018 however it is in customs now.

Now that leads me to the next question. How will I know when customs will release it or if there is an amount for me to pay in?

The items were shipped by Royal Mail.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Hi,

I ordered something from the UK last year December. After searching parcel tracking sites, etc. including Royal Mail's official site (which lost sight of the parcel once it entered SA) I phoned SAPO and they eventually told me that the item landed in SA on the 19th of Jan 2018 however it is in customs now.

Now that leads me to the next question. How will I know when customs will release it or if there is an amount for me to pay in?

The items were shipped by Royal Mail.

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Hi bud

I use the following website which works great tracking overseas parcels

http://trackmyparcel.co.za/

Sent a mail to JIMC Customs, with the tracking number you have, sometimes it helps to speed up the process. Then you must get a local tracking number so you can accurately track your parcel. I had a parcel stuck for a month at customs before movement . You will pay duty and taxes at your local Post office when you collect your parcel .

If you import 2400 40" containers a year and at least 3 air shipments a week, one would like to think you have some people whom might know people .

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I have bookmarked you sir. If I ever have something "stuck" at customs, I'll be knocking if you don't mind :)

You are awesome for offering to help this guy btw :)

My parcel is at Johannesburg international mail center , since October 4th 2017 . do you think I can go there and collect it in person? Because I don't think it's ever gonna be sent out

I asked the same question. If they can tell me where the parcel are, can I collect them. But he was not to sure exactly where they are. His response remains that the international centre is severely backlogged. ( I think they can't even confirm that it is indeed there.)
He is specifically now looking into tracking number RK848563078CN for @87hunter

Can I ask that all of you try and get me local tracking numbers?
well here is my local one - RI341727935ZA

thanks in adv

I asked the same question. If they can tell me where the parcel are, can I collect them. But he was not to sure exactly where they are. His response remains that the international centre is severely backlogged. ( I think they can't even confirm that it is indeed there.)
He is specifically now looking into tracking number RK848563078CN for @87hunter

Can I ask that all of you try and get me local tracking numbers?
Thank you kind Sir, I have wasted a lot of airtime trying to get a local postal tracking number.
Your help is greatly appreciated!

@87hunter yours seems to be MIA so far. Please confirm tracking number and any other info you might have
This is the below tracking from 17track. Has been turned around once already. @3FVape did resend it with the same tracking number.
Please dont stress too much and waste your income earning time to help me with a R700 order.
I really appreciate your assistance though

RK848563078CN

2018-01-07 17:57 Delivered by air transport

Destination : South Africa - Cache time: 2018-02-07 14:20:52(GMT+2)
Origin : China - Tracking consuming: 315 ms
2018-01-07 17:57
Delivered by air transport
2017-12-25 14:27
Nanjing Processing Center, has imported mutual seal (domestic)
2017-12-25 14:27
Nanjing Terminal, has imported mutual seal (domestic)
2017-12-25 14:23
Nanjing, back, remark (security not qualified)
2017-12-25 14:23
Nanjing, back, remark (security not qualified)
2017-12-25 10:10
Nanjing, the import has been opened and demolished, remark (return)
2017-12-25 10:10
Nanjing, the import has been opened and demolished, remark (return)

My advise on mail issues is to use Postnet. Paid registered parcel to my sister in Australia - waiting time is 2 to 4 weeks. About R200 ish and she got her art pictures that i drew for her in just 2 weeks.

My mom and i will never use SAPO again bec of the issues ongoing at this stage.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

My advise on mail issues is to use Postnet. Paid registered parcel to my sister in Australia - waiting time is 2 to 4 weeks. About R200 ish and she got her art pictures that i drew for her in just 2 weeks.

My mom and i will never use SAPO again bec of the issues ongoing at this stage.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

For the Cape Town gents who need a connect with Postnet you can contact me, my buddy owns the one in plumstead

For the Cape Town gents who need a connect with Postnet you can contact me, my buddy owns the one in plumstead

i went to postnet in KC recently as I wanted to send my documents to pretoria (SAQA-foreign qualification evaluation). For an envelope of documents the guy charged me R187 !

@Kalashnikov please confirm if have checked Witspos? They reckon you can collect from there with your ID.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I called witspos during the week and they told me it got sent back to the Johannesburg International Mail center, But knowing them they could just be saying that based on where the last update says. But if youre saying its a witspos hub il definitely go check it out then. thanks a mil bud.

Hi bud

I use the following website which works great tracking overseas parcels

http://trackmyparcel.co.za/

It's a great site even for local parcels, especially if you're waiting for deliveries from different couriers. You can just enter all their Wabill numbers and track through one site only. And if you ask for it, the site emails progress reports to you as well. This site is a WINNER!

Back