JIMC has completely (literally) lost it now...

CJB85

Enthusiastically Clueless
LV

Awards
So I have been phoning the post office quite a lot lately, as my parcel arrived in SA on 23 March and hasn’t updated from “the parcel is expected to be delivered shortly” since 31 March.

A very helpful Pamela Boroko assisted me today by speaking to JIMC on my behalf. So here is what JIMC has been doing lately...

Due to the massive backlog at OR Tambo, the have been sending countless bags/boxes of incoming mail and parcels to Durban and Cape Town to assist with processing. The one flaw in n their brilliant plan you ask? They never scanned any of the contents of the containers “into SA” before sending them off to the other airports. So they sent countless “untraceable items” with no record of being in the country to other provinces and lo and behold... they mysteriously went missing.

No one knows where the parcels are, or where they got lost. Fabulous.

So I have been phoning the post office quite a lot lately, as my parcel arrived in SA on 23 March and hasn’t updated from “the parcel is expected to be delivered shortly” since 31 March.

A very helpful Pamela Boroko assisted me today by speaking to JIMC on my behalf. So here is what JIMC has been doing lately...

Due to the massive backlog at OR Tambo, the have been sending countless bags/boxes of incoming mail and parcels to Durban and Cape Town to assist with processing. The one flaw in n their brilliant plan you ask? They never scanned any of the contents of the containers “into SA” before sending them off to the other airports. So they sent countless “untraceable items” with no record of being in the country to other provinces and lo and behold... they mysteriously went missing.

That does not surprise me in the slightest... as the actual incompetence of said institutions is only surpassed by the actual brain capacity of their incumbents to action something like this... I had a parcel from Voopoo that went to Cape Town as well for sorting, and then returned to JHB just to be sent to DBN again...

Welkom in Suid Afrika haha
Yup, apparently the only recourse is to have the seller claim compensation... but I really REALLY want the items I ordered and don’t want to wait ANOTHER 4 months... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I ordered a book from amazon in March. Last action was it was scanned into the bag onto the boat. At least your stuff got scanned in the country.

Yup, apparently the only recourse is to have the seller claim compensation... but I really REALLY want the items I ordered and don’t want to wait ANOTHER 4 months... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

and just for it to get shipped to Cape Town again...

Anyone else need stuff from Fasttech? Let’s see if we can get a DHL going

I want to order alien makers from China/Australia but NO I'm not gonna wait forever for that I will make another plan to get something similar

I'm sorry to hear this, it's kak losing stuff in the mail

Group buy you say I shall put a list together just in case :rolleyes:

I watch people.jpg

Kak one @CJB85 , I've learnt my lesson long ago and won't even use SAPO services again.
DHL, FedEx or at least Aramex is the only way to go.
That extra R200/R300 for courier keeps my sanity in check and iteams get delivered to my door.

Kak one @CJB85 , I've learnt my lesson long ago and won't even use SAPO services again.
DHL, FedEx or at least Aramex is the only way to go.
That extra R200/R300 for courier keeps my sanity in check and iteams get delivered to my door.
Problem is that from overseas, DHL is currently charging $50 a pop... but mini group buys will be the way forward.

Back