Kangertech Toptank mini

DaveH

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Hi,
Has anyone used a Kanger Toptank mini.
Just wondering what your thoughts are and how does it compare to the Subtank mini?

Dave

It's the new and improved subtank mini!

Top fill and has the new airflow base

Rba head also has much smaller juice flow hole than the previous version

So, I suppose by the non response no one has used the Toptank mini, in that case I might just have to buy one and try it myself. :p ;)
Dave

So, I suppose by the non response no one has used the Toptank mini, in that case I might just have to buy one and try it myself. :p ;)
Dave

I have one @DaveH. :D It's the same as the one before it but with top fill... so it's still a great tank and now that much better!

Hi @DaveH

I just picked up my Kangertech Toptank mini last week. Loving every minute of it.

The new Toptank mini comes with 75W (I think the subox is 50W), it also has super useful top fill feature which allows you to fill the tank without unscrewing it from the base. However the biggest difference is that it has Temperature Control, so you can use your Stainless steel/ titanium/ nichrome/ kanthal/ nickel wire.

IMG_0271.JPG

*PS4 controller not included :p

Hi @DaveH

I just picked up my Kangertech Toptank mini last week. Loving every minute of it.

The new Toptank mini comes with 75W (I think the subox is 50W), it also has super useful top fill feature which allows you to fill the tank without unscrewing it from the base. However the biggest difference is that it has Temperature Control, so you can use your Stainless steel/ titanium/ nichrome/ kanthal/ nickel wire.

Thanks @Scorpion_8900
Dave

I'm thinking about it :cool:.
I do like the Subtank minis it is just a case of do I need any more. :rolleyes:
Dave

I'm going for the 'Full Monty' shiny one. (Cause I like shiny) :clap: Also the paint don't peel off :eek:
Topboxplatinum.jpg
Dave

Whats the price on one of these?

I paid R1200 for the 'Platinum Topbox mini kit' from vapeclub.
The Topbox tank (alone) sells for about R500 so for additional R700 I got a 75Watt Stainless Steel mod with all the bells and whistles, which I thought was a really good deal.:clap:
Now I only vape at a max of 15Watts so I am wondering what to do with the the remaining 60Watts:D.
:)
Dave

A couple of pics of the Toptank
IMG_2097.jpg
IMG_2099.jpg

The tank is nicely made (as usual from Kangertech)

Kanger decided on the 75Watt to use black buttons :eek: (I will have to write them a letter) :rolleyes:
IMG_2102.jpg

Otherwise another 'happy vaper'
:)
Dave

Just out of interest, is RBA section of Sub Tank Mini compatible with new fangled top fill tank?

Fully compatible. The only difference is the holes are smaller on the RBA that comes with the Toptank.
IMG_2104.jpg

Dave

I just spoke to Kanger... They said the previous RBA deck was modeled by Jenna Jameson :D

So can anyone with a lot of use on both of these tanks give me a definite answer if the Toptank is just as good as the Subtank? How did you enjoy it @DaveH ?

@Stosta I have 4 Subtanks and 2 Toptanks.

They both leak into the reservoir at the bottom requiring you to blow it out every now and then. Other than that I love them both. The Subtank is a pain to fill compared to the Toptank that it easy and convenient to fill.

I use the small RBA’s that come with the tanks exclusively. On the older RBA’s the wicking holes have to be enlarged to about 3mm diameter ( I think they came with the earlier Subtanks)

The airflow on both are the same and very restrictive on the lowest setting.

I use them at the maximum airflow setting and vape at 20w

@Stosta I have 4 Subtanks and 2 Toptanks.

They both leak into the reservoir at the bottom requiring you to blow it out every now and then. Other than that I love them both. The Subtank is a pain to fill compared to the Toptank that it easy and convenient to fill.

I use the small RBA’s that come with the tanks exclusively. On the older RBA’s the wicking holes have to be enlarged to about 3mm diameter ( I think they came with the earlier Subtanks)

The airflow on both are the same and very restrictive on the lowest setting.

I use them at the maximum airflow setting and vape at 20w
Perfect! Thank you sir!

Perfect! Thank you sir!

You finding us a replacement for the mighty subtank mini V2 @Stosta ?
Hehe

I did speak to someone once (can't remember) who said that the airflow is not the same and the performance is not the same because of the topfill mechanism that changes things slightly. They were saying its not as good as the original - but I dont know because I haven't tried it. @Warlock - on the same sort of settings and same coil specs, what's the vape like on the two compared? Any differences you can pick up?

You finding us a replacement for the mighty subtank mini V2 @Stosta ?
Hehe

I did speak to someone once (can't remember) who said that the airflow is not the same and the performance is not the same because of the topfill mechanism that changes things slightly. They were saying its not as good as the original - but I dont know because I haven't tried it. @Warlock - on the same sort of settings and same coil specs, what's the vape like on the two compared? Any differences you can pick up?
Haha! Trying to! But there is actually a forum member holding onto two Subtanks for me, I've just to pick up my act and sort them out!

Considering the love I have for it I figure that it's about time I gave the Toptank a go. I'm willing to spend on trying off-the-wall products that I almost KNOW I won't like, so I think it's high time to look into an "improved" version of something I love. I just want to make sure I'm not supporting Kangertech SA in the process though.

Back