Koopor Mini Temperature sensing issue

Peppercat101

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi,

I recently bought a Koopor mini mod. It is my first temperature control mod although I have played with my friend's eleaf iStick 40W.

The temperature control does not seem to work as I expected, I set it to say 200 degrees Celsius, when I press the button it only goes up to about 140 degrees (depending on the coil I use, with this it is dual coil nickel, 28 gunge, 14 wraps per coil) and gets stuck there. It basically jumps between 140 and 142, no matter how long I hold the button in.

I build my own nickel coils, I have tried both my Billow V2 (with dual coil 28 gauge nickel, tried 8 wraps as well as 14 wraps). I also tried with my Turbo V2 RDA. I also tried with Soft, Medium and Hard temperature modes20150927_172005.jpg 20150927_172014.jpg

Is this just the way this mod works, am I doing something wrong or is it defective?

Thank you

Hi,

I recently bought a Koopor mini mod. It is my first temperature control mod although I have played with my friend's eleaf iStick 40W.

The temperature control does not seem to work as I expected, I set it to say 200 degrees Celsius, when I press the button it only goes up to about 140 degrees (depending on the coil I use, with this it is dual coil nickel, 28 gunge, 14 wraps per coil) and gets stuck there. It basically jumps between 140 and 142, no matter how long I hold the button in.

I build my own nickel coils, I have tried both my Billow V2 (with dual coil 28 gauge nickel, tried 8 wraps as well as 14 wraps). I also tried with my Turbo V2 RDA. I also tried with Soft, Medium and Hard temperature modesView attachment 36099 View attachment 36100

Is this just the way this mod works, am I doing something wrong or is it defective?

Thank you
What power are you running at? I see in the pic it is set to 19 watts. That's pretty low for a dual nickel build.

It changes. I cant set the Watts it runs at on Temperature control. Only soft, medium and hard.

Soft 6-40w
Normal 6-50w
Hard 6-60w

I tried on all 3 of them

Did you adjust the Nickel TCR? It is in the menu just after the screen rotate "Tr" Should be 0.006

Howzit man. I'm running dual 26g titanium coils at .25 ohms, 2.5mm diameter, 10 full wraps. Having really good results. I can set the temp from the minimum (100 celcius) to the max (315 celcius) without a hitch. Also make sure that your wicking is consistent across both coils.

Found this to be quite a simple, valuable tutorial on titanium and TC mods:

http://blog.craftvapery.com/joshs-definitive-guide-to-temperature-control-with-titanium-wire/

Really enjoying the Koopor with TC and titanium. Give it a bash.

Back