KUI Bottom Feeder

JW Flynn

Mechaneer
LV

Awards
Heya guys, Got my KUI earier today as you have seen in the VapeMail section...

First impressions where good, but I was at the office and could not build / test on this little Bottom Feeder...

First things First, this thing has allot of potential!! simplistic building style and works like a charm.

1. The Packaging is what you can expect from something from China, not brilliant, but it's functional and holds everything nice and in place.

2. The MOD is well made nice weight to it, I cannot see the point in lessening the weight of the device unless you have arms the size of tooth picks, hehe

3. on the outside the only issue I have is split between two causing factors, They have installed probably the smallest little magnets in the door/casing of the device ( this is probably due to the fact the the sides are very thin and they probably could not fit any bigger magnets), but still, the lid does seem to only just sit in place and would slip out of it's place with the smallest little bump. I did the bending the lid trick a bit (that the REO guys do in order to get rid of the rattle from the door), this did the trick and the lid is now nice and firm in it's place.. No rattles either!!

4. The fire button is made very simple, and works better than expected.. Fires every time and I have until now not had one issue with this, actually works pretty damn well...

5. The bottles are working very well, no leaks thus far, and she feeds the RDA 100% (keep in mind that 'm pushing 85/15 (vg/pg) into the RDA and it feeds perfectly. Seeing as this is my first bottom feeder I do not yet know the techniques but what has been working for me up to now is simply pressing the bottle for about 5 - 6 seconds, this feeds the RDA and just enough to not over juice it.

6. The RDA, have to say, pretty good, the tolerances are very nice, I would have preferred a but tighter as when it is wet from your juice the top section does tend to come off a bit to easily, not bad bit ja, just my observation... The tight tolerances are unfortunately completely lost on the drip tip, this sits very very KAK.. I ended up using my own drip tip here as the original will drive me up the wall, it's completely loose. This being my first Bottom Fed device, I have never built or even seen the decks on these RDA's... It is a weird thing to want to build on a deck only to find that there are no negative posts!! LOL. I did manage and in the end got a lekker build in it.. ( see pictures later on) but as a precaution to others, it's much much simpler to build on something with actual negative posts, hehe. will probably get used to it as time passes.

7. In conclusion, i'm pretty happy with the device, with a bit of tweaking here and there I managed to get a lekker vape of this thing, and look forward to using and reporting back on it in about a week or so.. Might even try and do my first video review, HEHE

So here are the pictures with short descriptions...
The MOD as it comes out of the packaging, with extra bottle, screws and such
20150423_102952.jpg
The MOD with the side cover removed..
20150423_203353.jpg
Top View
20150423_203359.jpg
A view of the locking screw all the way out, guess what, this works, HEHE you cannot fire like this and it is pretty damn stable, no slack on the crew at all
20150423_203415.jpg
Hard to see but the Top Cap of the RDA has a conical design, only slightly but it's there
20150423_203739.jpg
A view of the RDA split up in it's different sections, the Slits on the side are also adjustable so you can tighten the draw on the RDA. also, I used my old plume veil Drip tip on it, looks good! :)
20150423_203815.jpg
The extra equipment you receive with the purchase. I hope this does not mean that everything will crap out on you soon, but instead is a "just in case" inclusion to the package, hehe
20150423_204117.jpg
Size comparison between the KUI and the Dimitri, This give you an idea of just how small the device actually is, almost feels like you can be stealth vaping with it, hehe
20150423_204446.jpg
a different angle also for size comparison, and to tell the truth, the KUI is also lighter than the Dimitri
20150423_204503.jpg
The coil at work
20150423_205106.jpg
and a couple of videos demonstrating this little bugger @ work, hehe

Videos finished processing, don't know what took YouTube that long, lol, upload was quick and processing took forever... weird, in any case.. here you go :)
Demo1

Demo2

and lastly, check out no rattles at all!! lovely!!

Last edited:
Thanks for that review, methodical and well written. Even if its a device / juice im not interested in I really enjoy reading reviews like this, it gives us all a better understanding of exactly what it is thats out there. Glad you enjoying it man, bottom feeding will be at the top of the food chain soon ;)

Nice review of the Kui @JW Flynn, and nice photos as well - (the outer holes serve as negative posts).
Thank you :), Yes, I realized this as soon as I took the top cap off, it was just weird not seeing the posts I grew used to over my time with RDA's, hehe... I initially tried a dual 28 Gauge 5 wrap, the vape was to cool, hence the build you see in the pictures, parallel 28Guage dual coil, that came in on 0.3 ohm, the vape is definitely hotter, but not 100% what i'm looking for yet.. i'll definitely try 24 gauge next, the holes in that center post just felt a bit small hence I started off with 28 gauge... will still play with this and give my final thoughts later on...

Great review @JW Flynn
Nice photos
Much appreciated. Very useful for potential buyers

Thanks for that review, methodical and well written. Even if its a device / juice im not interested in I really enjoy reading reviews like this, it gives us all a better understanding of exactly what it is thats out there. Glad you enjoying it man, bottom feeding will be at the top of the food chain soon ;)
Thanx dude, my first try at it, and did the whole thing in one go, lol, at first I wanted to make notes of what to mention, but I just sat with the device in front of me and focused on the points that stood out, hehe.. future reviews would probably be a bit better, hehe

Very very nice concise review , like it plain english and to the point ....

I'm slapping my RM2 on the KUI tomorrow and taking it to the bush with me! (bachelors , so NOT taking Cate or Lagertha with in case they get "lost").

lol, bit worrying, the coil chows juice like a mofo, lol, I have in the short time I have had it (granted I'm chain vaping, trying to get the hang of bottom feeding, avoiding those dry hits / over juicing) finished a bottle, lol....

I don't know how big the bottles are, i'm guessing between 10 and 6 mil, but at least i'm enjoying every moment there off, hehe :) have to say, this kinda works... but think i'll be going for 24 gauge standard coils next (ugly coils as some people have started calling them, hehe)

filling her up with some more of my own version of GVC :) loving it!!!!!

Great review, thank you.
Most people coming off drippers to bf tend to wick way too much, because one likes to have enough wick to carry a lot of juice. With bf this is not necessary and less wicking is actually better in that you will be less prone to get leaking through the air holes and better flavour too.
Please keep us up to date.

Great review, thank you.
Most people coming off drippers to bf tend to wick way too much, because one likes to have enough wick to carry a lot of juice. With bf this is not necessary and less wicking is actually better in that you will be less prone to get leaking through the air holes and better flavour too.
Please keep us up to date.
Thank you, yeah, will do, will run with the KUI for about 2 weeks, if needed and give my final verdict then, so far not to shabby :)

The one problem I have is that the coils I have on here now are a bit juice hungry... Have not had the need to build with higher gauge kenthal in a while.. when I got 20 gauge I was one of the happiest campers on earth, but now I find myself having to build for only one battery again ( used to parallel on the Dimitri :) so my builds on there got pretty extravagant LOL) and having to find my happy place between taste and vapor heat... the dual parallel 28 gauge is just eating the juice to fast... but i'm not building anything else now, will go bonkers tomorrow :)

as for wicking, I got so used to it as I have been dripping non stop since I first started out with RDA's, never went to RTA's and such, I just loved the RDA's too damn much.. so I was pretty damn pro juicing my build, even in traffic.. still always wished for a red light, makes it easier... hehe... imagine getting pulled over for juicing your RDA ROFLMAO, screw sms'ing, hehe

dammit!!!! Flat battery!!! LOL... not going to use my married batteries from the Dimitri, hmmm, guess i'll have to go procure another battery tomorrow... Think i'll get another of these KUI's and mod it to fit a 26650...... hmmm, can push lower builds.. longer battery life, hehe.. who does not love super sub ohm... I sure as hell do!!! :)

@Stroodlepuff i'll be stopping there tomorrow, hehe... maybe get one of those 2 puffs drip tips as well, nom nom nom

@JW Flynn you have described my experience with this device to a T.

I really love this device and it just works.

My first build was also a bit too light as I like a warmer vape. Have it on 6 wraps 26g and 2.4id. Lifted the coils slightly and yeah it sucks juice.
Picking up a Derringer bf later today so will see how that goes.

My first build was also a bit too light as I like a warmer vape. Have it on 6 wraps 26g and 2.4id. Lifted the coils slightly and yeah it sucks juice.
cool, let me know how it goes... i'll be looking into the derringer and the rogue... but will do some research first, hehe... Also, have to play with the KUI a bit more :)

Really great review @JW Flynn :)
Thank you for sharing. After reading this I might still try and use my KUI. I received 2 KUI mods about 2 weeks ago and have not even tried them yet.

The derringer does not fit on the new upgraded threading of the 510, tried it on mine and doesn't fit.

The derringer does not fit on the new upgraded threading of the 510, tried it on mine and doesn't fit.

Sh1t, I just got the Derringer. Will check on mine now.

Damnit, you are correct. it doesn't fit. I thought a 510 is a 510???

Sorry mate, thought I could save you a bit of frustration by warning you. Clearly wasn't early enough.

Thanks for trying, I will keep the Derringer for one day when my children have left the house and I can afford a Reo.
17 Years and 8 months and counting.

Thanks for trying, I will keep the Derringer for one day when my children have left the house and I can afford a Reo.
17 Years and 8 months and counting.
That's funny!
But know what you mean...
If it helps, it does fit on the REO!!!

LOL Love that!!!! HEHE

brilliant make shift vape if you lost all your mods, hehe... thinking out of the "mod" hehe

Hi guys like I said in another thread. The Odin and nuppin and a lot off my other attys do not fit the upgrade 510. That is why I milled mine out so that the original 510 just sits deeper in the catch cup. @Gert_Koen have mine now so maybe he can post a picture of the 510 here for you

Back