Limelight Mechanics Wind Chime E-Pipe - Review

Philip Dunkley

-------------
LV

Awards
Hi Everyone

I thought it was time to put up a review of this new beauty from Vapour Mountain.
I recieved it on Monday, and have not really put it down since then.

IMG_0260.JPG

I maybe need to go into a little bit more of the background of this purchase, before I actually give you all the juicy details. Basically, after my thread about the Reo being an ugly device, pretty much all the feedback that I got back made me want to buy one, so I put some cash away to purchase it when the time came, and then I stumbled over @Oupa thread about them bringing these in. I've always liked the idea of a pipe, as something to Vape on in the evenings in bed with a good whiskey. The moment I saw the pictures, I knew I had to have one. So much for the Reo, and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am I made this decision.

Let's start off with the basics.
The model I have is the Wind Chime 18350, with Egg Shell Finish, Polished Aluminium and Flat Top Magnetic Switch. These can be bought with different finishes and buttons, but not from Vapour Mountain as far as I know. Yet.
The model I bought can be found here : http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/epipes/wind-chime-18350/

Yes, I know, R1690.00 for a piece of wood, a small battery compartment, no tank or drip tip and no battery is a hell of a lot of money, but something appealed to me beyond the money on this. I urge you to take a look at their website, www.limelightmechanics.com, and you will understand the passion these guys have for there products.

So I took the plunge, and ordered it. The wait was excruciating, as I never order online, always B&M, but this time I had no choice. I am such an impatient person, it's scary, oh and toppled with OCD, delightful!!
So Monday comes, and when I get home, behold, there she was.

Now the packaging was a little disappointing I was expecting a very grand box with all the bells and whistles, but instead received a really bland recycled brown cardboard box with their Logo on it, and some product info and the options I had chosen. Then I remembered their story, and how nature conscious this company was, and if all fit into place.
So I opened it up, and there was a crappy piece of foam, and I thought, this is not starting well, until I pulled the foam back. I cannot begin to tell you how nice this pipe is. She looked awesome, the finishing was impeccable, and it really did look the part. I was beginning to calm.
So I grabbed my brand new charged 18350 battery, spun off the switch cap, and inserted it.
I has just bought a new Genitank to put on here, wanted to keep it slim, fired the button and nothing. Except heat through the switch and body. Immediately I knew something was wrong. Battery out, hot as hell, and then realized this is essentially a mech, this tank is way to small for this!! I had popped the coil, and not set the bottom pin inside the unit, causing a short. Anyway, long story short, I ended up with a mini Aspire Nautilus on it, and it works like a bomb!!! (Battery was fine as well) I added a long drip tip, filled up with 5 Pawn's Gambit 18mg, and was immediately whisked away to Vaping heaven. And you know what, I still have not returned!!!

This unit vapes like a dream, feels like a dream and looks like a dream. I have never been happier with a vaping purchase, and it's going to take a hell of a lot to beat it. This device will stay with me forever, and thankfully it includes a lifetime warranty as well. I vape her in the evening, and only in the evening, and I look forward to coming home to it at night.
This is not me justifying spending this amount of money on the device, this is really a device that has really had me very satisfied, and my evening vape is sorted going forward, Period!

If you are on the fence with this one, buy it, I cannot rate this any higher. They are a stunning range, and a very unique piece, that, like most of my plethora of tattoo's, I love more every time I see it.

The only negative I have with it, is I thought it came with a leather pouch, but that has been discontinued from the manufacturer, so not Vapour Mountain's Fault.

@Oupa Thank you for bringing these in, they truly are a piece of functional vaping art!!

Enjoy the rest of the pics:
IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0262.JPG IMG_0263.JPG IMG_0264.JPG IMG_0268.JPG

Hi Everyone

I thought it was time to put up a review of this new beauty from Vapour Mountain.
I recieved it on Monday, and have not really put it down since then.

View attachment 19301

I maybe need to go into a little bit more of the background of this purchase, before I actually give you all the juicy details. Basically, after my thread about the Reo being an ugly device, pretty much all the feedback that I got back made me want to buy one, so I put some cash away to purchase it when the time came, and then I stumbled over @Oupa thread about them bringing these in. I've always liked the idea of a pipe, as something to Vape on in the evenings in bed with a good whiskey. The moment I saw the pictures, I knew I had to have one. So much for the Reo, and I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am I made this decision.

Let's start off with the basics.
The model I have is the Wind Chime 18350, with Egg Shell Finish, Polished Aluminium and Flat Top Magnetic Switch. These can be bought with different finishes and buttons, but not from Vapour Mountain as far as I know. Yet.
The model I bought can be found here : http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/epipes/wind-chime-18350/

Yes, I know, R1690.00 for a piece of wood, a small battery compartment, no tank or drip tip and no battery is a hell of a lot of money, but something appealed to me beyond the money on this. I urge you to take a look at their website, www.limelightmechanics.com, and you will understand the passion these guys have for there products.

So I took the plunge, and ordered it. The wait was excruciating, as I never order online, always B&M, but this time I had no choice. I am such an impatient person, it's scary, oh and toppled with OCD, delightful!!
So Monday comes, and when I get home, behold, there she was.

Now the packaging was a little disappointing I was expecting a very grand box with all the bells and whistles, but instead received a really bland recycled brown cardboard box with their Logo on it, and some product info and the options I had chosen. Then I remembered their story, and how nature conscious this company was, and if all fit into place.
So I opened it up, and there was a crappy piece of foam, and I thought, this is not starting well, until I pulled the foam back. I cannot begin to tell you how nice this pipe is. She looked awesome, the finishing was impeccable, and it really did look the part. I was beginning to calm.
So I grabbed my brand new charged 18350 battery, spun off the switch cap, and inserted it.
I has just bought a new Genitank to put on here, wanted to keep it slim, fired the button and nothing. Except heat through the switch and body. Immediately I knew something was wrong. Battery out, hot as hell, and then realized this is essentially a mech, this tank is way to small for this!! I had popped the coil, and not set the bottom pin inside the unit, causing a short. Anyway, long story short, I ended up with a mini Aspire Nautilus on it, and it works like a bomb!!! (Battery was fine as well) I added a long drip tip, filled up with 5 Pawn's Gambit 18mg, and was immediately whisked away to Vaping heaven. And you know what, I still have not returned!!!

This unit vapes like a dream, feels like a dream and looks like a dream. I have never been happier with a vaping purchase, and it's going to take a hell of a lot to beat it. This device will stay with me forever, and thankfully it includes a lifetime warranty as well. I vape her in the evening, and only in the evening, and I look forward to coming home to it at night.
This is not me justifying spending this amount of money on the device, this is really a device that has really had me very satisfied, and my evening vape is sorted going forward, Period!

If you are on the fence with this one, buy it, I cannot rate this any higher. They are a stunning range, and a very unique piece, that, like most of my plethora of tattoo's, I love more every time I see it.

The only negative I have with it, is I thought it came with a leather pouch, but that has been discontinued from the manufacturer, so not Vapour Mountain's Fault.

@Oupa Thank you for bringing these in, they truly are a piece of functional vaping art!!

Enjoy the rest of the pics:
View attachment 19304 View attachment 19305 View attachment 19307 View attachment 19308 View attachment 19309
Stunning, stunning, stunning! Can't wait for mine to arrive!
Great review!

Looks really stunning. Good review and excellent pics.

One question I have though. Does that shiny button hold onto fingerprints a lot?

Hi @Philip Dunkley

Beautiful pipe, stunning photos and very well written.
I loved reading your review.

Am keen to hear how it goes and what other atties you try over time

Wow, great write-up @Philip Dunkley, and beautiful presentation ...very well done :clap:

The E-Pipes have never really grabbed me...until just now :wasntme:
This really is a thing of beauty...not going to say I want one (but I think I do) ;)

That really is an extremely beautiful pipe. Actually best looking pipes on the market. The attention to details is just mind blowing. I am so happy to hear that it performs as well is it looks. Congratulation on an epic purchase.

Congrats....under instructions from my purse I was not allowed to look at the pictures:rolleyes:. Enjoy.

Back