Liquid Barn (LB) Concentrate Reviews

Lb Strawberry Cheesecake

10% concentration
70/30 mix
8 day steep
1.5mg nic
Tested on Hadaly single coil 0.4 Clapton @35W

Firstly, this flavour was given to me by our friends at The Flavour Mill, so thank you to @Erica_TFM and @DizZa for the opportunity to test these.

I wasn’t overly optimistic about this flavour to begin with as I’m one of those unfortunate souls that struggles with strawberry and, from my experience, mixed flavours are never as good as solos mixed ie strawberry mixed with graham cheesecake.

On initial inhale the first thing I noticed was the strawberry. It’s neither a sweet nor tart taste. It similar to the early season strawberries that have a tinge if green on top.
There is a definite creaminess behind it that coats the tongue. There is a good mouth feel.
Neither the strawberry or cheesecake is overly sweet so a 0.5 EM or Cotton Candy will be needed in a mix. 0.2 if used as a solo.
The entire profile is accurate if a bit thin on body.
The strawberry definitely dominates this flavour with the cheesecake playing a supporting role.

Off notes

There is a slight artificial taste on exhale.

Pairings

This could definitely work as a solo flavour, I have tasted far worse commercial Strawberry Cheesecake profiles. I would bolster it with some Strawberry Ripe and either NY Cheesecake or GC Cheesecake.
This will also pair very well with a banana flavour (HS)
As a mix, I would advise a 5-6%.

Overall

I’m impressed with this overall, there are holes in the flavour but these are easily remedied. This will make a good addition to any Strawberry fan.

Thanks for your efforts @Strontium
I like how you described it
Much appreciated

LB Baked Cinnamon Roll
Mixed at 5% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic
Tested on a Goon RDA, 0.24 Ohms, 50W
Steep time: 11 days

Notes:
This is a very interesting flavour with much potential BUT the name does not quite represent what you actually get…

This is the baked, top part of a cinnamon roll, without the actual cinnamon roll. This beautifully translates the glazed, dark brown crust on a freshly baked cinnamon roll or Chelsea bun. It even has the burnt/caramalised raisins in there for added complexity. I pick up a hint of the sticky glaze albeit not overly sweet – just enough to compliment the (feint) pastry notes. The cinnamon notes are subtle and not overpowering in the least. This however, does NOT conatain the actual body of the Ciannamon roll and will have to be fleshed out with FW Cinnamon roll, for example.

Add this to your bakeries for an authentic toasted, baked top note – its good, very good!

Recommend to a friend: Yebo
Rating: 4/5

LB Crème Brulee
Mixed at 11% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
As I am a Crème Brulee fanboy, I had high hopes for this one…Can it possible challenge INW?? In short, No…

This is a creamy, eggy custard with a thin caramel finish. The caramel is like the brown caramel ‘sauce’ found atop a shop bought flan and not the crispy, caramelised, burnt sugar topping associated with a Crème Brulee. For those old enough, you should remember the upside down Flamby which was all the rage in the 90’s!

There are slight hints of coconut and vanilla – just enough to keep it interesting and not dominant at all. This requires a bit of assistance to flesh it out as it is not sting enough to stand solo. At 11%, it is half as good as INW at 2% but I think the name may be misleading. This is rather a custard with caramel than a brulee, which is richer, creamier and finished with a dark caramel.

Rating: 3/5

LB Blue Raspberry
Mixed at 8% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
This is a spot on/on point blue raspberry and fully encapsulates the nuances found in a fresh raspberry = tart, fresh, vibrant and bright berry goodness. As Concrete River noted, this almost tastes BLUE, if blue ever had a taste, this would be it.

There are slight candied notes present, almost reminiscent of sweet raspberry, but not to the extent where it dominates. I also picked up a bit of hard candy at 8% which makes this a very enjoyable solo vape – add a smidgen of sweetener and you are sorted, which is unheard of with most raspberry flavours.

LB Honeydew
Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
I was a little perplexed with this one as I expected a sweet, ripe honeydew. Instead, this is an astringent, unripe honeydew. It tastes like the unripe bits near the skin of the melon with slight lemony notes. The watery honeydew notes do not linger and is all but gone after the exhale.

This can work well as an accent colour in a fruity vape and will bring balance (by cutting the sweetness) if used correctly.

I personally are not a fan of this one but it has its uses.

Recommend to a friend: Haibo
Rating: 2/5

LB Cappuccino

Mixed at 10% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
As most DIY’ers know, coffee is the holy grail of DIY. We can all agree that there is not a single, decent coffee flavour around - with the exception of MF Coffee which you have to take a 2nd bond out for though…

This one is on the right track, but it is NOT a coffee hero concentrate at all. This is more of a mocha/latte than a cappuccino, based purely on the absence of a strong coffee note with the focus rather being on the creamy aspect of the “drink”. The absence of coffee is not necessary a bad thing as it does NOT have the skunky burnt rubber taste, often prevalent in coffee concentrates. There is a distinct chocolate note present, akin to the chocolate sauce/sprinkle found on contemporary latte’s and other espresso based drinks. The body here is a sweet, whipped cream which results in a good, medium bodied, mild, creamy coffee.

This is good solo and can easily start your mornings off on the right note!

Rating: 3.5/5

LB Pink Lemonade

Mixed at 8% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:

If you are looking for a solid, sweet, lemonade base for a fruity, summer vape then this is the one for you. This is not very complex and offers little in terms of depth but it delivers on its name = pink lemonade. The sweetness here is a bit too high for me but will work well in the main stream, sweet lemonade type recipes. I pick up good citrus notes in the form of a lemon/lime/grapefruit combo, albeit bordering on artificial. The citrus notes aren’t crisp, but rather what you would get in a lime cordial.

Nice, but not my vibe..

LB Snickerdoodle

Notes:
A nice buttery, spicy biscuit mix with traces of clove and cinnamon. The biscuit is not that of a crispy biscuit and lacks a bit of texture but does a great job of laying the foundation for a solid cookie. The biscuit notes are very familiar and I can liken it to the slightly spiced blonde biscuits you find in biscuit hampers. The cinnamon here is standard bakers cinnamon and not as in your face which will work well in bakeries.

I don’t think this has what it takes to be a standalone and needs a boost by means of a pinch of INW Biscuit, FA Cookie or Cap Sugar cookie, laced with a bit of custard.

Solid but needs a little help.

LB Strawberry Cheesecake

Notes:
As it says on the label = Stawberry cheesecake, but not the one found at The Palace @ Sun City, but rather at the staff canteen. This is a mildly flavoured, artificially flavoured sweet strawberry “cheesecakish” flavour. There is precious little crust/pasty noticeable and lacks something. Perhaps a reformulation?

Most DIY’ers would rather build a strawberry cheesecake by layering diferent strawberries, creams, cookie/crust bases, etc but with this, you have to make do with what you get which isn’t much. This will probably work better mixed up in a smoothie/shake…?

At 10% I find it bland, one dimensional and lacking any substance.

Recommend to a friend: Haibo
Rating: 1/5

LB Vanilla Cream Tobacco

Mixed at 9% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
This is a very interesting tobacco flavoured cream and I can see great potential here for those who want to wet their toes with tobacco flavours. The light tobacco notes have a slight ashy flavour and comes across as a mild, light cigarette sort of tobacco, ala Peter Stuyvesant. I picked up some tea notes form the tobacco, which speaks to the depth in this bad boy, as well as a bit of grassiness.

The vanilla cream is superb and it can easily be a standalone ADV. A rich vanilla cream, accented with just the right amount of tobacco for virgins. The tobacco seniors will need to add some bacco as it will not be strong enough for seasoned palates.

A fantastic vanilla cream with great potential!

LB Vanilla Mint

Mixed at 15% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
Wow, this is not what I expected… This is a strong spearmint flavoured concentrate with a menthol kick which was rather unexpected. At the recommended 15%, I found it too pungent and toned it down to 10%, which seemed to have done the trick. At higher %, the mint had a sort of candied mint vibe which dissipated at lower %’s

I found that the mint is far too dominant to allow the vanilla to show its face and hardly notice the vanilla. I had to “look” for the vanilla and found it, but very slightly so. Give this to 10 people and I dobt that anyone will identify vanilla as an ingredient…

The mint here is freshly picked spearmint and will work very well in a tobacco recipe. This should be great paired with berries and, if used at low %’s add a bit of fresh mint goodness in a fruit salad type recipe! At higher %, the mint had a sort of candied mint vibe which dissipated at lower %’s

LB Vanilla Ice Cream
Mixed at 11% in 70/30 VG/PG 0mg nic

Notes:
Move over CAP and TPA, we have a new player in town!!! As someone commented, this is the best of TFA and CAP Ice creams, combined, without the pepper!!!

This is a thick, buttery, vanilla ice cream, straight out of a 5lt tub. This is not the gourmet stuff, but the ice cream that most people like and have liked since the beginning of time!

This leaves a bit of a layer in the mouth and after 3 or so puffs, the coating is realistic but I imagine that it can be off-putting for some.

This one lack just a bit of creaminess and 1% FA Cream Fresh will make this baby phenomenal, to compete against the current king = HS Ice Cream

A fantastic ice cream that is sure to make ripples in the DIY scene…

Rating: 5/5

Baked Cinnamon Roll

5% concentration
70/30 mix
11 day steep
1.5mg nic
Tested onHadaly single coil 0.4 Clapton @35W

First sensation I get is a warm sweet cinnamon dough. It’s not a hot “fireball” cinnamon but more of a syrupy Cinnabon vibe.
The baked doughy part is there but lacks the sharpness of a crust.
It’s as though you’re only eating the middle of the roll.
The sweet syrup is more of a drizzle, it is not overbearing at all.
There is a slight fruit note on exhale that I can’t quite put my finger on. It’s fruity but not sweet, almost grainy.
If anything, this reminds me more of a Chelsea Bun.

Off notes

None per se.

Pairings

It needs a bit of crispy body so some cookie dough or GC will bulk it up.
Will also pair very well with Apple.

Overall this is an excellent flavour profile, I’d put it ahead of the Cap Cinnamon Danish which has a sour note similar to rancid milk to me.
If I was to mix up a snickerdoodle recipe, I’d definitely sub this flavour in, it really is very good.

I don’t know if this will work as a stand-alone, it might but in a mix at 2-3%, you won’t go wrong.

I got sent these concentrates to review from The Flavour Mill. Thank you @DizZa and @Erica_TFM for this opportunity, these are some really great flavourings.

All my testing is on a Narda 24g Kanthal on my Lost Vape Epetite at 40w.

LB Strawberry Cheesecake
This is probably one of my top strawberry flavourings, A nice fresh strawberry with a slight candy syrup note backed by a creamy cheesecake. Its not the most prominent cheesecake flavouring and definitely needs help in these areas, I can see CAP New York Cheesecake really filling out the profile and a touch of TFA Graham Cracker (clear) to help fill out the crust; It will also benefit from a bit of Sweetener, I would usually rock my S&C at 0.5% CAP Super Sweet. It's by no means a bad flavour however it is linear and I would not recommend using it on it's own. If you decide to mix it, it needs to be carefully considered what gets added, it makes a great base and i wouldn't use any more than 3 extra flavourings to the mix. Strawberries and Creams are my kinds of all day vapes and if that is in your ball park I would pick this flavouring up.
Off Notes:
I haven't tasted any of notes with this flavour.
Pairings:
Bakeries, Strawberries, Creams, Dessert type flavours.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 9%
Mixed: 4% - 7%
Rating:
4/5

Last edited:
LB Creme Brulee
A bit of a sour cream with hints of caramel and vanilla, Its a good flavour when mixed but I wouldn't recommend this as a Solo flavouring. The flavours gets better when paired with Sweeter Fruits like Strawberries and Raspberries. The mouth feel is good on this flavouring and can be made sweeter with a creamy marshmallow, like CAP Marshmallow. The caramel note is very light, I would have like a more prominent hard crack caramel to be present for this Creme Brulee, but it can be helped along when paired with FLV Caramel. Overall its a good flavouring and I will definitely find a use for it in a dessert recipe.
Off Notes:
A touch of Sourness to the creams, sweetener should help with this.
Pairings:
Creams, Bakeries, Custards, Ice cream, Fruit, Caramel, Butterscothes.
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 5% - 7%
Rating:
3.75/5

LB Peach
A peach that tastes exactly like its been sitting in a can with syrup, ready for the world to end. A very bright peach with hints of syrup, its perfect to use to create an authentic peach pie, just add some crust notes and whipped cream and it will work perfectly in this scenario. I have also played around with adding this with other each flavours and WS-23 and it works great in the summers months to create a nice syrupy peach slushie. For a peach flavor, it has a ton of depth and vibrant, a lot brighter in flavour than most peaches.
Off Notes:
I haven't tasted any of notes with this flavour, also Zero throat hit for me.
Pairings:
Yogurt, Fruits, Creams, Bakeries, Menthol/WS-23.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 8%
Mixed: 4% - 7%
Rating:
4/5

LB Belgian Waffle
A light waffle with slight notes of maple syrup. Its not as dark in taste as I would have like, but as a light airy waffle flavour it holds up. It is a bit on the weak side and found that at 8 Percent solo it seems to be fine, but even in a mix, it would need to be high to hold up against other flavour volatiles. It does do a great job of tasting like a waffle, not a Belgian waffle per say but a regular waffle with a touch of maple syrup.
Off Notes:
No off notes.
Pairings:
Creams, Caramels, Fruits, Bakeries
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 6% - 7%
Rating:
3/5

LB Lava Cake
It's a very creamy representation of a lava cake, it does ave a bit if grain and texture which helps sell the profile. Its not the most authentic tasting chocolate out there, but it doesn't have the usual latex/balloon flavour that i have become accustomed to with most chocolates. It is more of a darker chocolate and needs sweetener to brighten it up. This will work great with custard and creams to really sell that lava cake drenched in custard profile. Adding some bakery will help lift the cake part of this flavour. Overall its a useful flavoring and is at least great to vape.
Off Notes:
A bit of that tootsie roll flavour, at least it doesn't taste like balloons.
Pairings:
Bakeries, Creams, Custards, Nuts
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 6%
Mixed: 3% - 5%
Rating:
3.5/5

LB Vanilla Ice Cream
This is one of the top flavourings of the bunch. Its is easily tied for first with TFA VBIC, my other favorite ice cream. It has a very rich buttery vanilla ice cream taste, it has a lot of cream and mouth feel to it. I have used this in some of my recipes and it has worked well in replacing TFA VBIC in those recipes. It isn't a very milky ice cream, a lot more of a thick rich vanilla bean ice cream, imagine homemade ice cream churned and blended with real vanilla bean pods. There is also hope, a lot of people that taste pepper with TFA VBIC have reported not tasting it with LB Ice cream, so far this flavouring has been used successfully as a sub for TFA and is just as rich in taste.
Off Notes:
No off notes
Pairings:
Fruits, Bakeries, Custards, Creams, Chocolates, Nuts.
Recommended Percentages:
Solo: 10%
Mixed: 4% - 8%
Rating:
5/5

LB White Chocolate Peppermint
I have never had a white chocolate peppermint but the closest I can describe this flavour is, imagine you bought a peppermint crisp chocolate bar, opened it up and discovered you have one with white chocolate. It has a very cooling peppermint taste with a nice base of white chocolate. Its a great flavoring that can be bent to taste exactly like a peppermint crisp. It would make a great base flavoring in a peppermint crisp tart, you could look at adding creams and possibly some WF Chocolate Chunks for more of a milk chocolate taste. A great Peppermint White chocolate flavouring that can be easily honed in a lot of desserts. I see this working great as a Andres mate remix;).
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Chocolates, Bakeries, Custard, Cream
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 5% - 8%
Rating:
4.5/5

LB Cola Freeze
Alright, not the most accurate name, it misses the mark completely in terms of the freeze part, but that being said, this is a great flavoring. When i was growing up, we used to buy the Fizz Pop Cola flavored lollipop, this tastes exactly like that, it even has the fizz that would be provided from the sherbet in the center of the lollipop. This is a great candied cola flavour and has fizz to it, it isn't quite a coca cola flavor a lot more of a straight candy syrup flavour but close to a hard candy. I'm impressed and intrigued at how they managed to pull off the Fizziness sensation inside a vape. I can easily seeing this being used solo with Super Sweet to create a Fizz Pop Cola lollipop, something truly nostalgic. Only a matter of time before this gets used in a commercial juice line.
Off Notes:
None.
Pairings:
Cactus, Citrus, Fruits, Menthol/WS-23
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 6% - 7%
Rating:
4/5

LB Blue Raspberry
So when i used to go watch movies, I would mix raspberry slushie with cherry slushies, this tastes like that without the ice or brain freeze. Its very syrupy and very candy like. This flavour takes a long steep to really shine, which is expected for a VG based flavouring. It has a very great candy raspberry flavour with light cherry and boysenberry notes, this would make a great base for a slushie, just add some RF Soda Base, WS-23 and Sweetener. It has a syrup note that seems to linger on your palate. It does have a slight tartness, which really helps the flavour along.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 5% - 7%
Rating:
4.5/5

LB Pink Lemonade
I recently got to try some real pink lemonade, basically the flavour profile is lemonade with raspberry or strawberry. I am a huge fan of lemon type vapes and this hits the mark, it is a lemonade with fizziness and really light back notes of raspberry/strawberry. It is very sweet but so is the real thing. This is a very candied lemon type flavour and definitely fits well inside of a candy recipe. I found adding just 1% of WS-23 really helps sell the authenticity of the flavour.
Off Notes:
None
Pairings:
Recommended Percentages:
Mixed: 4% - 6%
Rating:
4/5

Back