Location shows UK??

MamaBear

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys,

This is probably going to be some obvious config setting that I missed, but being a pain in the rear for details as I am... WHY is my location showing as UK instead of RSA?

Subliminal wish!

Nah, just joking, probably routing. Think I have seen it happen before. Sorts itself out eventually.

@Gizmo should be able to shed more light.

I know right!!

Probably something to do with my IP and working for a Global company like another member said. Guess everyone can tell when I'm at work now :blush:
Don't feel bad about it, 90% of us on here are "hard at work" right now!

So we can see when you are VPN'ing to download/stream "anonymously"

oddly enough i actually do the opposite. i have a static ip at my office and home for my servers.

VPN is for a few clients and everything is logged so its only work related.

VPN is for a few clients and everything is logged so its only work related.

Not exactly the VPN I am talking about, more like "cyberghostvpn" that will give you an international IP adress, to give you access to GEO blocked content.

Oh, so it's an automatic thing? I was wondering about that. Rude_Rudi's flag showed Iraq the other day. I thought he'd popped over there to source some yellowcake uranium to use in a recipe. I was about to PM him and advise him that FW Yellow Cake - as lethal as it may be - is still safer than the one that Iraqi DIYers use.

Not exactly the VPN I am talking about, more like "cyberghostvpn" that will give you an international IP adress, to give you access to GEO blocked content.

i used to do that for video streaming,etc but scrapped it once i built a full IoT home

Back