Lockdown level 2

According to sources, we will be moving to Level 2 on Sunday. This includes the lifting of cigarette and alcohol ban.

https://www.news24.com/news24/south...and-move-to-level-2-lockdown-sources-20200812
I'll believe it when I see it...

giphy.gif

I agree with @baksteen8168 on this one, I'll believe it when I see it. We've all heard a few rumours here and there, some of them were true, others not so much. I don't really trust anything the government says/does anymore.

Do you mean sources other than the article? The article doesn't say anything about Sunday.
Yeah sources I'm mentioning is chatter I must say. All the official articles state "this week" but following trends, it will probably be on Sunday

If Squirrel or Kopdoek doesn't make an announcement today before midnight the State of Disaster falls away. And everything can legally go back to normal tomorrow.

If Squirrel or Kopdoek doesn't make an announcement today before midnight the State of Disaster falls away. And everything can legally go back to normal tomorrow.

I thought it was August 15th

I thought it was August 15th

Was following a conversation on the Legal Talk fb page and they all agree its midnight tonight.

But this whole thing has been confusing from day 1 so I won't be surprised if it could be tomorrow night.

Dear President,
Please lift the international travel ban, I want to visit India.

Seriously, why is there an international travel ban? its not like there will more virus coming from flights, we have enough infections here already.
I went to cape town CBD on tuesday, didn't feel like there was any lockdown at all, lot of people without masks and I also saw police officers smoking.
Again, why do we have a lockdown ?

Kopdoek has already gazetted that she is extending another month. We are never going to get rid of this tick
The disaster act will stay for a while. Although the restrictions can change with this implemented. If the disaster act is not extended, lockdown ends

Look I'm glad we are so far, but there is no way I'm greatfull for the way they are handling these regulations.

I already seen some vape stores around thats not there anymore. Too much damage has been done that could have been avoided.

I heard of some wine farms that is closing down. Some up to fourth generation family farms. Others are resorting to making grape juice.

So this week if you go and stock up at Tops Pharmacy please get a bottle of wine to give these farmers a boost they need. Even a cheapy can go a long way.

Last edited:
Back