Andre

Reonaut
VIP
LV

Awards
1. AMARULA

@Crockett
Vaped at 30W
Has a rich deep creamy flavour. There's a light fruitiness on the inhale and Intriguing mix of slight bitterness mixed with sweetness like a mochaccino on the exhale.
It has a slight alcohol taste but that only makes it more reminiscent of the drink.
Would work as a stand-alone or might be nice mixed in a Dom Pedro recipe.
4 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend?: Yes
Notes:
Tastes like fermented fruit. I assume it isn't aiming to taste like the beverage, but more like the actual fruit. Not bad, but not something I think I'll find a use for.
Recommend to a friend: Nah
Rating: 2 / 5
Experience: Smooth, Creamy, Flavourful
Rating out of 10: 7.5
Comments: This will be a great base flavour, all DIY'ers that like creamy vapes should have this
Recommended: Yes

@RichJB
Mixed at 3%, 6% and 8% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: if you are looking for a crisp, tart, in-yer-face Granny Smith apple, this is not the concentrate you want. My initial cream test (two drops of the concentrate in a spoonful of whipped cream) suggested a dark red and softer Star King type of apple and that is how it vapes too. This is not green Fizz Pop candy apple, it aims to be authentic and does a very passable job of it. There are no sour or acidic notes in this at all, just the mild and mellow sweetness of Golden Delicious or Star King apple juice. I didn't detect any off notes or perfume/chemical character. For me, it is a moderately appealing flavour but too subdued and sweet to be a standalone. However, it should shine in the more usual role of apple juice as a sweetener/blender in fruit juice mixes, or a key ingredient in ciders and apple pies.

Recommended percentage: I wouldn't go over 5% standalone. I sampled as high as 8% but developed a slight headache after extended vaping at that percentage, which is always a sign that I've overdone the flavour strength. I expect this flavour will be more commonly used around 1% to smooth and sweeten fruit juice blends.

Rating: 3/5 as a standalone, 4/5 as a versatile mixer

Recommend to a friend: as a versatile blending ingredient, definitely. Just don't expect it to be a single-flavour ADV.

It's quite an authentic Apple flavour, there is not synthetic aftertaste.
The initial taste is a very slight tartness followed a sweet apple note.
At 6% it can work as a standalone but lacks the depth to be an ADV. It will work very well in a mix as either dominate flavour or as a base. I mixed it with koolada and again with Dragonfruit with good results (6% and 5% respectively)

Recommended Percentages: As a standalone 6% will give you a good fruit hit. As a blend 2-3% should be fine for most recipes.

Rating: 4 out of 5 very versatile and will not overpower you other fruits

Recommend to friends: Yes, it does what it says on the label.

Notes:

This apple is intriguing in the sense that I cant quite put my finger on it. It has a distinct apple taste profile reminiscent of various artificial apple flavours as well as real apple...a sort of a compote of apples with no real dominating apple taking charge. I can pick up the taste from Apple Sours, kids apple juice (concentrate) and the taste from Apple rolling tobacco. It has a pleasant and familiar apple flavour which can be monotonous as an ADV but will work wonders in a pie, cheesecake, mixed fruit, etc type recipe. It will work brilliantly as a layered apple profile alongside other apple flavours, to create a fabulous full apple flavour.

Recommend to a friend: Yes
Rating: 4/5

@Strontium
5% 70/30 3mg
TFV8 40W

This has a great smell in the bottle but that's pretty much where it ended.
Upon vaping, all I got was a soapy chemical taste, it is truly vile. Mixed in koolada to try take the edge off but it just made it worse.
I can think of no redeeming qualities in this concentrate.

Recommended percentage: Should be fantastic at 0% but anything higher would be a big mistake.

0 out of 5
Recommend to a friend
: No, no, hell no.

So, this flavor smelled pretty good in the bottle and I was excited to try it as blueberry seems to be a very difficult flavor to get right. That still holds true. This stuff is bad. Inhale gives you a solid flashback to the days you used to get soap put in your mouth for swearing, the exhale allows you to understand what it would taste like if you drank blueberry scented bubble bath. Also, this taste lingers in your coils. I was too put off to even try it at a lower percentage, as I doubt it would make any difference.

Recommended Percentage: 0%
Rating: 0/5
Recommend to a friend: If you would like to keep your friendship, no.
Herewith my initial impressions. These are by no means final, as I still have a few steps to do (for my own as well as others' sake). I'll update my post as well as post whatever relevant reviews I have on VV's site when I'm finally done.

I only received my loot yesterday, so only made a single batch of each. After this I will figure out better percentages where needed, as well as test steeping over time in the presence of nicotine, and then performance of some of the concentrates in mixes.

All of these were mixed between 4-5 % (not specific %, as IMO it is extremely difficult to get accurate mixtures at low volumes. I aimed for 4.5 %). I specifically asked for cherry, coffee and blueberry, due to the wide variety of these flavours out yonder; the rest of the flavours I just asked for whatever they had the least request for.

Notes: Strong blueberry candy. Slightly sweet (but not too much), full mouthfeel, with a hint of juiciness and very small but present tartness. Some earthiness. Hint of black currents in aftertaste.

Impression: I have been looking for this exact flavour profile for a very long time. This is the candy blueberry flavour used in commercial products (think blue rascals). However, it has quite a bit of depth as well. While it is definitely predominantly blueberry candy, it has an element of the actual berry as well (in terms of juice and acidity). Very importantly, I haven't picked up any perfume notes nor liqorice (both which is prevalent in many other blueberry concentrates). I don't think this is ideal for bakeries (where FLV blueberry shines), nor berry jus/jam (where FW blueberry shines), but I think it can be great for candy, fruit and cocktail vapes, or as an additive to help shape a blueberry note somewhere else. Note that this concentrate lingers for quite a while on coils. Really love this concentrate!

Fullness: 5/5
Rating: 5/5

This stuff has the most authentic taste of sunlight soap, it is chemically and vile. Every flavour house has hits and misses, this is most definitely a miss.

Score 0/5
Recommend to a friend: Definitely not, unless they have Tourette's and need their mouths washed out.

@Crockett
Vaped at 40W
It's ok, but doesn't taste like brandy at all. It tastes like weakish Kola Tonic cordial. Overall, it's just a bit nondescript and I'm not sure what it would add to any recipe really. There are better flavours out there if you're looking for a dark caramel.

2 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend: No

@Effjh
After starting low, I did all my single flavour tests at 8% to get a solid sense of what each flavour offers. Final test after 3 day steep.

Mixed 0nic 60/40 Vg Pg and tested in Derringer V3 + Kayfun 5 at various wattages.
Notes:
Another flavour that tastes nothing like the name (believe me I have plenty Brandy experience). Other than that, I like this flavour a lot! It has a candy feel to it. It is hard to describe, it doesn't taste like anything specific, but I get some Grape Soda vibes from it and at times a darker molasses note..maybe Iron Brew? It is really tasty either way.
Recommend to a friend: Yep
Rating: 5 / 5
Herewith my initial impressions. These are by no means final, as I still have a few steps to do (for my own as well as others' sake). I'll update my post as well as post whatever relevant reviews I have on VV's site when I'm finally done.

I only received my loot yesterday, so only made a single batch of each. After this I will figure out better percentages where needed, as well as test steeping over time in the presence of nicotine, and then performance of some of the concentrates in mixes.

All of these were mixed between 4-5 % (not specific %, as IMO it is extremely difficult to get accurate mixtures at low volumes. I aimed for 4.5 %). I specifically asked for cherry, coffee and blueberry, due to the wide variety of these flavours out yonder; the rest of the flavours I just asked for whatever they had the least request for.

Notes: A few slight notes of raisins, spice and sherry. Interesting flavour profile, difficult to pin down. Quite sweet. Reminds me of the boozy flavour in egg-nog, but without any creaminess. Quite light concentrate with little mouthfeel, although I picked up a very slight fizz.

Impression: Quite an interesting flavour. Doesn't really taste like brandy at all, but it might give an almost brandy taste to certain bakeries (almost like brandy in fruitcake, but not brandy in coke). I really get reminded of egg-nog, and I think this will go very well with creams and custards. This is not good stand-alone, but I think it might see some use in bakery vapes. If you can find a mix profile for this to work in, I think it can be excellent, as I haven't had anything like it before.

Fullness: 2/5
Rating: 3.5/5
Recommend to a friend: No

@Crockett
Vaped at 40W
Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's a cross between golden and dark brown sugar with a hint of caramelisation and toastiness. I really enjoyed this one, and could see it adding a nice deep dimension to recipes like The Duchess, or would work well in a waffle/french toast flavour profile.

4 out of 5 stars.

@boxerulez
Mixed at 5 %. Standalone nothing to write home about. Reminds of Wilsons butterscotch candies.

As an additive this excited the hell outta me after I initially tested the mint and then the butterscotch. Mixed up a 100ml of these two friends combined (7% Butterscotch and 5% Mint) and it is exactly those after dinner butterscotch mints from the steak houses. Been vaping it flat out for 24hours since mixing down about 20ml already.

This was a strange one for me, I really wanted to like it and tested it at 3% and 5% initially shake and vape then every day for four days. The butterscotch wasnt as sweet or as authentic as I would have liked.

Decided to go for broke and mixed it up at 9% hoping that that butterscotch flavour would break through but even though it stood up to the increase well it just really felt flat to me.

Rating 2/10.

Recommend to a friend: absolutely not. It isn't awful by any stretch of the imagination but there are some phenomenal butterscotch flavours on the market and this just seems to be pulling up the rear of the pack. I can't think of a scenario where there isn't already a flavour leaps and bounds better than it.

@Rude Rudi
Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic
Tested in Ice3 RDA, 0.22 Ohms, 45W

Notes:

I wasn't sure what to expect here - baked cheesecake, cold cheesecake, with or without crust, etc... This is a rich and creamy cheesecake flavour which will work well with any topping (strawberry, blueberry, passion fruit , etc). I didn't detect any crust, just a plain smooth cheesecake...a good one at that!
Like all creams, this will need a couple of weeks to really shine through but based on the initial testing, it will just get better and better!
I thinks this will add great mouth-feel to custards and ice cream recipes - perhaps even add a bit to the Loco Milk Tart which needs a little kick...
I would add a touch of Graham crust - not too much though, for that authentic cheesecake flavour. This has just the right sweetness and can easily be a standalone cheesecake - nice and "neutral". At a push, i would gooi a bit of sweet cream and meringue for a decadent sweet vape (for those who like a sweeter feel). Well impressed with this one - good things will come from it...

Recommend to a friend: Yebo
Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars

@Ezekiel

Notes: Candied artificial cherry, although not sweet. Hint of tartness and a almost complex undertone, reminiscent of cherry juice. Almost watery.

Impressions: First impressions of this were horrible, but it did seem to develop quite a bit overnight. This (like practically all other cherries) is the "Halls" cherry candy. There does seem to be a bit of an undertone of cherry juice; however, it is mostly overshadowed by the candy cherry taste. The taste itself is very light and watery, which means it will not likely be suitable for cherry tobaccos. There might be some use of this cherry in bakery, confectionary or creamy vapes, but I'm not sure whether it will work.

Rating: 2/5
Recommend to a friend: No.

@Crockett
Vaped at 25, 30, 40 and 45W
On the initial inhale, it is a gentle condensed milk which is not very sweet, and which has a nutty undertone. After about the first 2 puffs though, I was overwhelmed by a bitter chemical taste which persists at lower and higher wattages.

Maybe it would dissipate with a good steep, but I had to stop vaping this one. It was like swallowing nail polish remover, but not as nice.

0 out of 5 stars.
Recommend to a friend: Definitely not

Mixed 0nic 60/40 Vg Pg and tested in Derringer V3 + Kayfun 5 at various wattages.

Notes:
Tastes nothing like Condensed Milk, all I'm getting is a Coconut bakery vibe. Best way to describe it is similar to Tennis Biscuits, which is not a bad thing! It will have it's uses for sure, but not as "Condensed Milk".
Recommend to a friend: Sure
Rating: 4 / 5

Experience: Creamy, Tastes like a semi sweet condensed milk.
Rating out of 10: 6
Comments: Not my favourite condensed milk out there, the edges are a bit sharp on this one, however I do feel that the flavour is spot on. Might just need to smooth this out in a mixture.
Recommended: Nope

@Rude Rudi
Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic
Tested on a Troll 2 RDA, 0.22 Ohms, 55W

Notes:

Alas, the time has come for my first negative review of the Loco flavours. I really don't know what this is supposed to taste like but I think if you give it to a 100 peeps, each one will have a different answer. I can honestly not taste anything which even closely resembles cookies or cream - neither can I taste anything that makes up cookies or cream or any of its' family. I'm not sure if this is heading towards an Oreo vibe but it is definitely a big miss. I gave this a second shot in the Troll 2 which can extract flavour from a stone found at the Cradle of Humankind but unfortunately not even a spectrometer will be able to crack this enigma.

On the plus side, I had a brief coconut exhale (once)...and the label is nice...

Recommend to a friend: Nope
Rating: -1/5
    I expected it to taste like sour cream from the smell, but it doesn't at all. It's a really nice smooth, slightly sweet creamy flavour. It almost has the lightest hint of Juicy Fruit flavour on the inhale, and bland creaminess on the exhale.
    I really enjoyed it, but it would be bland as a single flavour vape. I'd be happy to use this as a substitute for FA fresh cream in a blend.

3 out of 5 stars (only because it's hard to get excited about a plain cream flavour)
    Recommend to a friend: Yes (@Crockett)
  • Herewith my initial impressions. These are by no means final, as I still have a few steps to do (for my own as well as others' sake). I'll update my post as well as post whatever relevant reviews I have on VV's site when I'm finally done.

Notes: Sweet, full and fresh cream. Entirely unspiced (no vanilla), but slight hint of milk and malted milk. Very much like unwhipped double cream.

Impressions: Very good, full cream. Almost as fresh as FA fresh cream, but creamier and sweeter. It does have some flavour (in terms of milkiness), but it doesn't contains any spice notes (unlike Bavarian cream or Vienna cream). The cream (like all creams) benefits from steeping, as I've already noticed a large difference in taste after only a day (although creams usually steep quicker when mixed stand alone). Definitely a great cream.

Fullness: 4/5
    Recommend to a friend: Yes (@Ezekiel)
12. Creme soda
  • A keeper at 5+%. (@KZOR)
  • When I opened up the concentrate the first thing that drew me to it was the smell, holy crap this was amazing and I knew it would taste good.
    Percentage: 3%, with a few drops of Koolada (I don't go without it)
    Taste: Smooth at first, would like to add a bit of cream just to make it more smooth, tastes sweet on both inhale and exhale. The closest to our local beverage I've tasted thus far.
    Recommendation: Most definitely, just don't add too much. I won't go higher than 4-5%. Other than adding a bit of Koolada, it's definitely a keeper as a standalone flavour.
    Rating: 4.5 stars / 5 stars (@flyingstapler™)
  • Mixed at 3% and 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic.
    Tested on avocado22, single 26g kanthal 6 spaced wraps and then on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless both with cotton bacon.

This is a pretty authentic Creme Soda flavour. A Jannie Verjaar type creme Soda that makes me think of those squeeze and drink, mix with water concentrates you get as a kid when playing in the sand pit.

My problem is I picked up an off note in the middle of the exhale. Not a chemically note but rather snap on as though a glass of cheap squeeze and drink creme Soda had been over flavoured by a otherwise occupied mother. Once I picked that note up, I picked it up on every single exhale. Mixed it down to three percent and it persisted, as authentic as the Creme Soda is, that over flavoured note is really off putting to me.

The other thing I got, and this rings true for every other creme Soda flavour out there so isn't unique to loco, is that it's almost impossible to get rid of the flavour. Even after dry burning the coils and a fresh wick it somehow seems to creep into the next few tanks worth of flavour. Short of chucking the coils and recoiling you are stuck with Creme Soda aftershocks for the next 6ml of juice.

I will give this one a 2/5. It might very likely all be in my head but it's my head after all and I'm quite fond of what goes on in it

Recommend to a friend: ill firstly find out if they had Creme Soda or Oros in the sandpit and take it from there. (@Soutie)
  • I have more experience with the flavour profile than I would like, actually tired of it now. Spent months working on recreating the local creme soda profile using International concentrates and cracked it by means of TFA Rose Candy with a few other concentrates. To me this tastes just like that, TFA Rose Candy, but not nearly as concentrated. It's Creme Soda, but not the best local version I've tried.

Recommend to a friend: Sure it's ok

Rating: 3 / 5 (@Effjh)
  • Mixed at 6% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic
    Tested on a Troll 2 RDA, 0.24 Ohms, 50W

Notes:

I was very excited to try this after all the rave reviews! The flavour is unmistakably Creme Soda on all levels - it just needs to be green to tick the visual box! The taste is reminiscent of the creme soda Steri Stumpi - it is beautifully smooth and well balanced. At 6%, I detected a slight soapy taste and hope that this dissipates with a couple of days of steeping. This will work very well in a Float recipe as well as a nice creamy base with Bavarian cream perhaps... If you want an authentic, South African Creme Soda taste - look no further. This is by far the best CS flavour available - period.

Rating: 4.9/5 (@Rude Rudi)
13. Coffee
  • Mixed at 40/60 PG/VG and 3mg nic.

At 8% + it can be used as a standalone if you are a serious coffee fan and don't like the strong coffee flavour. I have a few coffee concentrates and the closest it comes to one of them is a slightly watered down version of FlavourArt Coffee Espresso. Will definitely be put to better use in achieving that coffee undertone in a recipe. It's not pungent at all and I get the sense that it lacks that "fullness" aspect.
    You certainly experience coffee on the inhale and exhale (slightly more).
    Not a harsh flavour and thus comfortable to vape.

Rating:
    Standalone : 2 out of 5
    Recipe additive : 3 out of 5

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... not with current coffee flavours available. (@KZOR)
  • Mixed at 2.5% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic

Notes:

Coffee flavours are notoriously difficult to nail and this one comes close but not quite there (yet). It has a good coffee flavour at a low % and will work well in coffee recipes. The taste is very "earthy" and I suspect it will mellow into a more refined flavour with a solid 10 day or so steep. I got that burnt rubber taste but lets hope it dissipates. I don't think I can do this as a standalone...but I cant imagine anyone sucking on a pure coffee juice...

I adapted one of my favourite coffee recipes and added 2% Loco Marshmallow and 5% Loco Custard to create a stunning Creamy Coffee. The initial taste was promising and I suspect it will work. To give this one a fair chance, it needs 2 weeks for the custard to do its thing. I will report back.

Recommend to a friend: Not yet

Rating: 3 stars / 5 stars (@Rude Rudi)
  • Herewith my initial impressions. These are by no means final, as I still have a few steps to do (for my own as well as others' sake). I'll update my post as well as post whatever relevant reviews I have on VV's site when I'm finally done.

Notes: Very weak latte taste, similar to coffee-flavourings in chocolates or milkshakes. Strong overtones of solvents (rubber/plastic). Decent mouthfeel.

Impressions: Despite the solvents (which might dissappear after time, or which might be breathed out), this is a very weak coffee. However, it is not burnt coffee at all, unlike many other coffee concentrates. For this reason, it might be used as a mellow overtone of coffee in a mix, or maybe to enhance coffee notes without adding espresso/burnt coffee. Not sure if it will work though, but I'll try anyway. It might be better at lower %.

Rating: 1/5
    Recommend to a friend: No (@Ezekiel)
  • Mixed at 3% and 6% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
    Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: This is a mild coffee, nowhere near the potency of FA Dark Bean Espresso. In both the cream test and vaped freshly mixed, I got a hint of chocolate which edges the flavour towards Caffe Mocha. After several days steep, the chocolate note neither vanishes nor strengthens. It's not up-front but it's enough to convince me that it's more than just plain coffee. Thankfully, this flavour avoids the burnt taste of some other coffees. On the downside, it left me with a somewhat bitter and acrid after-taste at the back of the throat. It's not throat hit, it's a lingering aftertaste. One expects that from a coffee but this was too much, especially considering it is such a mild blend. It's not unpleasant but it's unlikely to be many vapers' favourite coffee.

Recommended percentage: 3% was a little anaemic, 6% was too strong and increased the throat aftertaste. 4% would be about right for my tastes.

Recommend to a friend: Maybe. Taste in coffee is an intensely personal matter. If you're a coffee nut who adds it to many vapes and you're on the lookout for new angles, give this one a whirl. If you only use coffee occasionally and/or have already found a brand that pushes your buttons, this one won't change your mind. (@RichJB)
14. Custard
  • Vaped at 30W
    I had high hopes for this, as it smelled great, but from the outset it had a terrible chemical taste which was totally offputting. I found it unvapeable - it tastes like cleaning fluid.

0 out of 5 stars
    Recommend to a friend: Only if they had wronged me. (@Crockett)
  • I mixed all the concentrates at a 6% flavour ratio with 3% Nicotine, 10% PG and 80% VG.
    I used a single coil ribbon clapton 0.5 ohms @ 40 watt with a fresh wick for each test in a Flavour RDA.

Experience: Nice bold Custard
    Rating out of 10: 7.5
    Comments: For the custard mix that requires less of a vanilla note use this, nice and bold rich taste. It needs two weeks steep time, edges are a tiny but sharp still after 10 days of steeping.
    Recommended: Yes (@Chukin'Vape)
15. Grape
    Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, 50 and 55W

Notes: I would guess that Loco were aiming for an authentic grape juice blend with this one. It's not a full fruit flavour, there is no skin or pips. It doesn't attain authenticity either. It's not as unashamedly plastic as Fanta Grape but it does edge more towards grape cordial/essence than a bunch of fresh grapes. However, the base grape characteristic is not the problem. When I first sampled this at 3%, my immediate reaction was that it was right on the edge of perfume. Instead of dialing it back to 2%, I upped it to 6%. If over-flavouring was the cause of the perfume note, then doubling the concentration would confirm it and push it over the edge into an unvapable state. However, the perfume note didn't increase. It's not perfume due to over-flavouring, it's an inherent floral note in the flavour. Coupled to that, it produced a dry and smooth vape. Those are perhaps desirable qualities in a mild tobacco but it's not what you expect from grape. The best way to describe the exhale is that it's like grape that has been coated in floral-scented talcum powder. Increasing the concentration to 6% did help to reduce the dryness somewhat. But this grape doesn't pop or zing and there is little juiciness. On both drippers and at all wattages, that floral note is welded to the base grape flavour. If I've given the impression that it's nasty, I have exaggerated. Nothing turns me off faster than a perfume note, I won't vape any perfumey flavour. Yet I vaped this for a solid two hours without ill effects or feeling I'd had enough. The grape flavour is decent. If Loco could reformulate to lose that floral note and inject a bit of juiciness, this would be a solid and workable grape flavour. But as is, it's just not what I expect or want from a grape.

Recommended percentage: 6% worked better than 3% for me, and lost some of the dry quality that was noticeable at 3%.

Recommend to a friend: I wouldn't recommend but I wouldn't vehemently warn against it either. If you don't mind a floral note, it's certainly an interesting and different flavour. But it's not for me. (@RichJB)

16. Guava
  • Mixed at 3% in 60:40 VG/PG base with no nic
    Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45 and 50W

Notes: the reason I requested Guava for these tests is because it's a difficult profile to nail. TFA's Guava received hostile reviews at ELR, and HIC noted that FA's offering is pungent and floral even at low percentages. So I wasn't expecting great things. Imagine my surprise, then, when Loco knocked this one out the park. It's a very easy flavour to describe. You know those frosted plastic 500ml bottles of pink guava juice in the shops? More specifically, you know the gritty "chopped fruit bits" sediment that you get at the bottom of the bottle? That is this flavour - to a T. It is a "full fruit" flavour including pips and a hint of the rind. But there are no bitter, harsh or chemical notes. I think they got the sweetness level just right as well. It is somewhat more sweet than the natural fruit, less sweet than Koo's Guava Halves in Syrup. Although if you visualise tinned guavas in syrup, you'll still be in the ballpark for this flavour. Another pleasing aspect is the stability of the flavour. I noticed no significant changes in profile whether at 35, 40, 45 or 50W. There are very few local flavours that I would hold up against the authenticity and quality of Flavour Art's fruit flavours. This is one of them.

Recommended percentage: I started at 3% and felt no need to try any other percentage. It hit the spot immediately, producing a smooth and flavourful vape that I would be happy to vape as a standalone. If you like a more saturated flavour or vape at lower wattages, bump it up by 1 or 2%. For a tropical fruit juice blend, 1-2% should be ample.

Recommend to a friend: any day of the week. And considering today is Sunday, I may even recommend it twice. (@RichJB)
  • Mixed at 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 24 hours
    Tested on avocado22, single 26g kanthal 6 spaced wraps and then on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless both with cotton bacon.

Not much that can be said after @RichJB's review except to say that he is spot on. Even at 5% this guy is really good and I blew threw 10ml in double quick time. Great guava taste and even gives hints of texture like the sediment in guava juice.

Recommend 3-5% standalone and about 2% in mixes.

Rating definitely a 5/5. Loco really seems to have these fruit flavours spot on.

Recommend to a friend: unsure at this point, I'm going to need to do ALOT more testing from my side. @Dinxster, A 100ml bottle might be able to assist in me making this descision. (@Soutie)
  • Mixed at 4-6% 70/30 3mg
    Tfv8 Q2 45W 0.38Ohm

Fantastic smell, there's no mistaking what this is, but after the dreaded Blueberry debacle of 2016, I was cautious.
    At 4% the grainy fruit coated my tongue with a subtle play between sweet and earthiness.
    I don't do subtle, so kicked it up to 6% and boy it was good.
    It reminds me of guava fruit rolls, that grainy fruit sandpaper packed a solid guava punch. It had flavour, texture and depth and that is exactly what this juice does. It's not overly sweet, it has a real depth of flavour with zero artificial intrusions.
    I could happily vape this all day long.

Recommended percentage: As a mix 2-3% should be fine, as a standalone I like it at 6%.

5 star juice

Recommend to a friend: without a doubt. (@Strontium)

Notes: Sweet, almost candy-like guava nectar. Very light hint of graininess. Some earthy/pip notes, but not prevalent. Moderately full mouthfeel - again, like guava nectar.

Impression: This is quite a mild guava for me. It is very reminiscent of guava juice concentrate/nectar, with a very slight 'grain' effect. In comparison to other guava concentrates, it is quite a bit sweeter with less guava flavour and less graininess (which might be good in some cases). It is also more artificial for me than other guava flavours. Main guava note is a bit volatile - vaporizes at low temperatures, and comes of first before any other flavours. For this reason I might be worried that the guava taste will disappear after some time, or maybe it fatigues quickly (but only time will tell). That said, directly after mixing I was not impressed by this at all, but after a day steeping it was much better. For me, this is too mellow of a guava for standalone or as a main note, but I can see how this concentrate can be a good additive or top note in mixes (such as tropical mixes or yoghurts) due to the lesser 'graininess'. I think it will be a bit better at lower %.

Rating: 3/5
    Recommend to a friend: No (@Ezekiel)

Notes:

Holy mother of (insert religious deity here) is this stuff the bomb!!! This is like drinking a jug of guava juice from the hotel breakfast buffet in one go... The clever people with white coats and funny glasses hit this one out the park and need not change a single thing here. Think of any description of guava and you will find it in here...from the pips to the skin and the beautiful pink, plump flesh (easy boy), to the slight graininess prevalent in fresh guava juice.

This, ladies and gentleman, is guava. You can stop looking around for international, "premium" versions. Local is lekker...

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely!

Rating: 10/5 (@Rude Rudi)
17. Honey
  • After starting low, I did all my single flavour tests at 8% to get a solid sense of what each flavour offers. Final test after 3 day steep.

Notes:
It frustrates me, it wants to taste like honey, but it turns into metallic bee poop within milliseconds from exhale. Not for me, but as with other brands, honey seems to be an impossible profile to nail properly. At least it's better than TFA Honeypiss.

Rating: 2 / 5 (@Effjh)​

18. Ice-cream
  • Vaped at 40W
    I was apprehensive about this one after the ordeal of the Custard concentrate. But it was a really nice surprise. There's no chemical aroma to this. It's a well balanced blend of vanilla, creaminess and sweetness and stands up against TFA and CAP VBIC. This one was a winner and could be a stand-alone if you like uncomplicated flavours.

3 out of 5 stars
    Recommend to a friend: Yes (@Crockett)
  • After starting low, I did all my single flavour tests at 8% to get a solid sense of what each flavour offers. Final test after 3 day steep.

Notes:
    Not for me. Get a plastic / metallic note from it, little to no vanilla. There are much better Ice creams available.

Rating: 1 / 5 (@Effjh)
  • I mixed all the concentrates at a 6% flavour ratio with 3% Nicotine, 10% PG and 80% VG.
    I used a single coil ribbon clapton 0.5 ohms @ 40 watt with a fresh wick for each test in a Flavour RDA.

Experience: Creamy, Sweet
    Comments: This is a tough one, it needs to be part of a mix - cant use this stand alone, perhaps adding some vanilla to the mix will make the taste more authentic
    Recommended: Nope (@Chukin'Vape)
19. Kiwi

Notes:
    This one was really nice, it is pretty authentic, but also has candy like qualities and I found it very refreshing. Mixed with some strawberry or even standalone with a drop or 2 Koolada will be a nice vape during the summer time.

Recommend to a friend: Fosho

Rating: 5 / 5 (@Effjh)

Notes:

If you're looking for fresh, ripe, authentic kiwi fruit flavour, this is not it. This is more of a candied kiwi with notes of sweet and sour - more sweet than sour though. As kiwi has such a unique and subtle flavour, I suspect that it is very difficult to replicate, hence the candied route here. This will marry a treat with watermelon and similar "juicy" fruits but, alas, it does not have enough legs to stand alone.
    Good candied kiwi - perhaps change the name to reflect this?

Recommend to a friend: Candied Yes. Fresh No

Rating: 3/5 (@Rude Rudi)
20. Litchi
  • Mixed at 4%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 48 hours

This guy is really authentic at 4%. Almost too authentic in fact. I'm used to a litchi being sweet like Liquifruit, this is much darker and earthier. like eating a real litchi. I'm on the fence about this guy, I'm not too fond of the earthiness but my wife absolutely loves it. It would be great to add authentic tones to other litchi or as a mix with sweeter fruits.

Single flavour percentage around the 4-4.5 % mark and around the 2% mark in a mix. I think this guy would also work nicely around 0.5-0.75 to add authentic accents or notes to other litchis.

Rating 3.5/5 - This should be higher as they nailed the litchi flavour and smacked it out of the park, maybe a bit too much?

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely (@Soutie)

Notes:

This litchi holds no bars - it announces itself rather aggressively and leaves a bit for you to think about after it leaves. The flavour is that of very ripe litchi and I suspect the % has something to do with it - perhaps drop it to 4...? If you give this to 100 people, I am sure that 99.9 will be able to tell you that this is litchi - it has that familiar litchi taste and smell, albeit slightly artificial - as per the litchi juice form the Mugg. I picked up a slight perfumy taste in the middle as well as bit of rose...? I think this will mellow out with a steep. This will be a lovely single mix with a splash of mint.

Rating: 4/5 (@Rude Rudi)
  • Solo : 40/60 PG/VG and 3mg nic.
    Mixed at 5% and a definite litchi experience. This litchi is good since it is close to a fresh litchi pealed and eaten just not as sweet. There is a familiar edge to it ..... almost the same background tone as when I tried the cream soda. Not a bad thing at all.

Mixed : 30/70 PG/VG and 3mg nic.
    This is better as part of a recipe where one can play around with the sweetness and creaminess.
    Compliments TFA litchi well.
    upload_2016-11-18_20-44-7-png.75699

Rating:
    Standalone : 3.5 out of 5
    Recipe additive : 4 out of 5

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... yes. (@KZOR)
21. Malva pudding
  • I am not a mixologist as yet and I do not have the time to try and make a crappy flavour work as a bigger recipe. If it sucks alone I probably won't tinker with it any further.

Sorry Malva coconutty microwave cake. Nah. (@boxerulez)

As I'm a bit of a Malva fanatic, this was my first test. I did 3 recipes in an attempt to "extract" the best out of this juice and to be able to compare it to my existing Malva juice.

Notes:

Malva standalone
    It has a very familiar baked dessert flavour drenched with delicious hot caramel/toffee sauce, accented by delicate coconut notes. The aroma is very reminiscent of the smell of traditional baked desserts which would waft through our house on Sundays. This compares favourably to the CLY Malva, albeit a tad "lighter". This brings a little bit of finesse, whereas the CLY kicks you in the gonads at anything over 4%. As for any hot dessert, there are basically 2 types of accompaniments to take it to the next level = Ice cream or Custard. From experience, custards swallow the delicate flavours of the malva and sadly, does more harm than good. I settled on Loco Ice Cream (kill 2 birds with one what's-it).

Malva & Ice Cream
    I kept the Malva at 6% and added Loco Ice cream at 2.5%. The ice cream smoothed out the flavours nicely and added that little sweet, creamy touch to the mixture - not too little, not too much... I found the Ice Cream a little bland and hope that it gets better with a nice steep. Perhaps increase the ice cream to around 4... It lacked a little something though...

Malva & Ice Cream and ingredient X
    Based on previous dealings with Malva, I could not wait to add the final ingredient to the pot...The pièce de résistance, the holy grail, the missing link... Again, I mixed Malva at 6%, Ice cream at 2.5% and CLY Apricot at 0.5%. As soon as I dripped it I knew that this was IT, this is the business....the smell from the dripper teased me like those promo girls at the local pub. The difference is that this babe did not disappoint!!
    BANG!!! There she was!!!! A satisfying & mouth watering blast of a full bodied, sweet, creamy and ever so tart traditional baked Malva! The apricot adds that slight tartness to balance this beauty and kick it up a notch or two. It can be vaped without the Apricot but I hardly ever omit it. It's like having a Black Forest Gâteau without the cherries... A note on the Apricot though is that it looses it's kick after about 2-3 weeks...

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely - even to enemies!

Rating: 4.9 stars / 5 stars (@Rude Rudi)

Notes:
Very light Malva sponge, but unmistakably there. Looking forward to playing with this one, will combine it with same Vanilla Custard / Apricot and perhaps a nut or two. Useful flavour, maybe a little on the weak side.

Recommend to a friend: Yep

Rating: 4 / 5 (@Effjh)​

22. Mango
  • Mixed at 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 24 hours

Initial smell test promised a ripe, orange mango, when mixed and vaped the mango tastes a little green, but a full fruit and really tasty. Mango seems to be a rather hard flavour to nail down and I think these guys have nailed this properly, very vapable at around 5% and can see it working nicely at 2-3% in mixes. No off notes or 'perfumeyness' at all.

Rating: 4/5 seeing as mango is a really hard flavour profile to get down and this is honestly one of the best I have tried. Would absolutely recommend it to others. (@Soutie)
  • Mixed 3-6% 70/30 3mg
    Melo Mini 0.25Ohm 25W-35W

The smell out of the bottle is not what you would normally associate with a Mango concentrate, I was expecting the extremely sweet, syrupy, overripe almost pungent odor that is the norm but this is far more subtle. It's similar to smelling the skin of a green mango.
    At a 3% standalone mixture I found the taste a bit generic, on inhale it was slightly sweet and I could tell it was a fruit but that was roughly where it ended, the exhale gave a bit more of a clue that it was mango.
    I upped the wattage and percentage and took a hit.
    This was much more what I was looking for, it is a true essence of mango. As others have stated, it's reminiscent of an unripe mango, not overly sweet but very accurate to the fruit. The closest I can describe the taste to is when you have eaten all the flesh from the fruit and have just the pip left. Those fibrous "hairs" on the pip that we all used to bite and pull to extract the last ounce of taste, that's the flavour here. It's mango unplugged.

Recommended percentage: 6% standalone, 3-4% in a mix (this may seem high but I can't see this overpowering a mixture rather complimenting it very well)

5 stars for sure

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely!! This can stack up against any competition. Well done guys, it's really good. (@Strontium)
    Tested in Velocity and Recoil clone drippers, dual Ni80 coils at 0.35-0.4Ω and at 30, 40, 45, and 50W

Notes: I can't add much to previous conclusions that this is a somewhat acidic and barely-ripe mango with very passable realism that extends through to the fibrous texture of the flesh. It feels a bit bright and light to be fully authentic but that is not a negative for me. Standalone, this wasn't as pleasing as the Guava, it needs a cream or pairing with other fruits to retain interest over extended vaping. But I see this as being both prominent and versatile enough to fit into many different combinations.

Recommended percentage: At 3% this immediately felt right. Increasing to 6% introduced a sharper note that didn't ruin the taste but definitely knocked it down a notch. I would be wary of over-flavouring with Mango, 4% is as high as I would take it.

Recommend to a friend: Yes. (@RichJB)

Notes:

This is mango all-right - pip and all!! The mango here is that of a ripe, sweet mango just like the mango juice from your favourite breakfast joint - not the cheap ass mango juice you get when you donate blood... This "ripeness" of the mango in here may be too much for some so I would recommend a lower % to start with - perhaps 4 or so. This is a fantastic in the Mike's Melons and Buddha recipes!
    I did however pick up a slight soapy taste but think it will disappear with a nice steep.

Rating: 4/5 (@Rude Rudi)
23. Maple

Notes: I plumped for Maple simply because it's not a flavour profile that one sees often. The go-to in vaping DIY is Flavour Art's Maple Syrup as favoured by HIC in bakery, dessert, drink and candy recipes. So, perhaps understandably, I assumed that Loco's offering would also be a maple syrup. However, the name is accurate. This is plain maple, not syrup. That is not to say it's not sweet, maple is naturally sweet - but this is not cloying syrupy sweetness. Instead, the inhale provides a lip-smacking sweetness, which is then subdued under the medium-dark dense and woody maple on the exhale. I won't venture an opinion on the authenticity of the flavour as I doubt I've ever tasted true maple. What is marketed to us as "Maple Syrup" is usually just corn syrup with maple flavouring added. For what it's worth, this flavour seems true to artificial maple flavourings. For a non-maple maven like me, it is an altogether pleasing flavour. Even as a standalone, it has novelty value. However that will not persist. Instead, maple is meant to be used as an accent and this flavour should serve well in that regard. It is not sweet enough to pass as syrup drizzled over pancakes or waffles, so will need to be boosted by some other source of sweetness. In tobaccos it should be more workable than maple syrup because it's not as sweet.

Recommended percentage: In the unlikely event that vaping a sweet tree trunk is your thang, 3% is fine for standalone. In its customary role as an accent flavour, 1-1.5% should hit the spot. Whichever role you use it in, balancing the sweetness will be key to getting the best from it.

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely but with the caveat that it's a niche flavour. If maple doesn't interest you as a flavour profile, pass this one by. But if you fancy a bit of maple in your juice, this provides something different from the FA staple. (@RichJB)

Notes: Baked maple flavours on inhale and direct exhale. Dominant solvent aftertaste (rubber/plastic). Semi-sweet and decent mouthfeel, but not syrupy.

Impressions: Very strange flavour. The concentrate has a overdominantly solvent taste (like TFA's Mexican Coffee). If you can get rid of this solvent (through breathing, streething, open water-bath or even masking/layering), then there might be something to this concentrate. The solvent taste is very volatile (comes off first in a dripper and at very low temperatures), so it might dissappear after some time. The actual taste is the same taste you get in baked maple confectionaries, or maple tea/coffee, and not like the artificial maple syrup we get in SA. In this regard I think this concentrate can be wonderful for bakery and confectionary vapes, but only if the terrible aftertaste can be masked. As it is, that is a deal breaker for me. I will see if I can hopefully get rid of it. This will probably be better at lower % as well.

Rating: 1/5
    Recommend to a friend: No. (@Ezekiel)
24. Marshmallow

Experience: Yummy, Creamy, Sweet, Spot on Flavour
    Rating out of 10: 8
    Comments: This will go perfect with all those milkshakes recipes. Try it trust me.
25. Milk
  • This tastes like sour milk with some old dust mixed into it. You know that hard-to-describe smell of old wooden furniture which has been in storage? That smell. It wasn't as bad as some of the other creams I tested, ie. I didn't have to stop vaping it, but that's quite faint praise.

1 out of 5 stars
    Recommend to a friend: No (@Crockett)

Experience: Spot on sweet milk
    Rating out of 10: 7
    Comments: Must be one of the better milk flavours out there - also it needs to be part of a mix. Would work well with a Strawberry - however it needs 2 weeks steep time.
26. Milk tart

Notes:

Based on other Milk Tarts around, I was a bit apprehensive on this simple yet complicated taste profile. As a standalone, it is reminiscent of the milk tart my granny used to make - not the sickly sweet Pick 'n Pay version which most people base their Milk Tart experience on. Traditional milk tart is a far cry form the stiff, cinnamon encrusted, over-set thick custard mess available at most supermarkets. A traditional milk tart is a bit more delicate and refined = a set vanilla custard baked on a nice buttery crust and dusted with freshly grated cinnamon. The "secret ingredient" was usually a drop of almond essence...

I found this flavour promising but a bit flat - it has all the elements to become something = custard, cinnamon, sweetness, etc but it feels as if something was left out. I would add a bit of Loco Cheesecake to bolster the body and give this one a solid backbone. I found the cinnamon just a bit "fake" - the cinnamon in here tastes like the "fake" flavour in Jawbreaker/Fireball sweets or worse, AferShock! It needs that authentic Cinnamon taste to top it off. Not bad but not great.

Recommend to a friend: Not yet

Rating: 3 stars / 5 stars (@Rude Rudi)

Notes:
    Doesn't taste like Milk Tart, it is more of a Cheesecake to me. It has a definite sour note, but not unpleasant. With a bit of Cinnamon it can be made into something nice and shows promise in bakery recipes.

Recommend to a friend: Sure

Rating: 3.5 / 5 (@Effjh)
  • Mixed at 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 5 days
    Tested on avocado22, single 26g kanthal 6 spaced wraps and on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless both with cotton bacon.

I was pleasantly surprised with this, Milktart seems to be quite a hard profile to get and this is about the best I have tried. It is a very delicate flavour of Milktart filling with a sprinkling of cinnamon. This isn't perfect and can do with a bit of help, perhaps with a dash of graham gracker, cookie or biscuit as a base and maybe a small amount of vanilla custard and vanilla swirl to fill it out slightly you will have a real winner. there is true potential here.

Score 3.5/5

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely, I can see this being very nice with a bit of support, definitely something I will be playing with myself quite a bit. (@Soutie)
27. Mint

Because my recipes are fairly complex I decided to use this as a replacement for another mint in a current recipe. Does the job perfectly. There is a comfortable coolness on the inhale (more dominant one) but on the exhale as well.
    Leaves a nice mint aftertaste for awhile which is a plus. No harshness experienced whatsoever.
    It even helps to clear sinus passages at higher percentages.
    What I also love about this mint is that it can be toned up and down using percentages without losing the essence of the mint experience. I accidently vaped some DIY cream soda with it since both bottles are amber and unlabelled and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It would work great as a additive.
Rating:
Standalone : 3 out of 5 (bumped to 4 if you like vaping mint only)
Recipe additive : 5 out of 5

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... for sure. Highly recommended.
  • Fantastic standalone at 5% clears the sinuses and cools the lungs on a damn hot day like you won't believe.

As a additive also spot on from 1 to 5% depending how hard a kick you want. (@boxerulez)

Notes: Candied after-dinner type of concentrate (like Imperial mints). Menthol is quite strong (at 4.5 % way too strong). Slightly sweet, with a small note of spearmint at beginning of exhale. Quite decently full mouthfeel.

Impression: I like this mint very much. While I do not vape many menthol vapes, the other mint concentrates I have tried (eg. FA Arctic Mint) have a very bitter/earthy note which spoils some mixes. I would guess that this mint will add a bit of flavour + sweetness to a mix, so if only the cooling effect is required I might suggest something else. Very nice!

Fullness: 3/5

• Mixed at 5% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic

Notes:

I am not the greatest mint/menthol fan and approached this baby with a bit of trepidation... I went high (5%) to be able to get the full "effect" of the flavour without it just being in the background, where I suspect it will find itself. The taste clean, minty & fresh. Like a decent after dinner mint - not the cheap substitutes restaurants try and push these days. The taste is not like fresh mint but rather the mint we have become accustomed to in menthol type vapes and analogues over the years.
    On nasal exhale I found the minty "burn" to be very similar to good old Craven A - in a good way.
    This is a solid mint which will tease the anti-mint/mentol DIY'ers into experimenting with this versatile staple...

Rating: 4.8/5 (@Rude Rudi)
  • A sweet white mint. Tastes like the plain white mentos or the plain white mint candy you get at a restaurant. I love it. I am a big fan of mint and menthol vapes so this is right up my alley. Exactly what you expect if someone says "mint". Slightly sweet, very minty. Very good

Recommended Percentage: 2-5% depending on your tolerance for mint
    Recommend to a friend: Definitely. (@Caveman)
28. Passion fruit

Mixed as a standalone also at 8%. Somewhere between the mangled mix of foreign flavours there is a hint of some fruits that have been mixed.
    I have mixed an abundance of concentrates through 2016 and this is the first discovery of a new taste which I can only describe as the taste of the juice that seeps out of a crate filled with old mixed fermenting fruits. Something which only a fruit fly would appreciate.
    The good thing is that the weird taste does not linger and decides to exit the respiratory passages in a humble way and within a few minutes.

Rating:
    Standalone : 0 out of 5
    Recipe additive : 1 out of 5 (if you like a aftertaste with a surprise)

Personal feeling : Would I buy this ......... nope. Binned to avoid using it again by accident.(@KZOR)
  • I was looking forward to this one from the sniff test. Initially it was OK. It tastes more a Passion Fruit syrup than a fresh Passion Fruit flavour. After a few puffs, a really weird aftertaste started coming through - like old, dirty washing up water. I had to stop vaping it. This one was WOW, and not in a good way.

0 out of 5 stars
    Recommend to a friend: Absolutely not. (@Crockett)

Notes:
    This smelled a lot like Granadilla Twist soda and I had high hopes for it. Unfortunately it tasted more like warm flat 11 in 1 "aanmaak" cooldrink. It lacks that "bite and fizz". Probably won't go back to it.

Rating: 2 / 5 (@Effjh)
  • 3% mixture 70/30 3mg
    Tfv8 0.38Ohm 45W

The sniff test didn't fill me with optimism, there is a faint passion fruit smell but mainly it smells like an unwashed arse. Not to disappoint, it tastes about the same.
    Initial inhale there is a faint granadilla flavour but this is quickly taken over by a pungent chemical taste.
    On exhale the sweetness and a bit of tartness comes through but again not in a pleasant way.
    Lasted 4 drags and emptied the tank out.

0 stars

The person who made this should be forced to vape it, no one else. (Strontium)
29. Peach
  • Mixed at 3%-5% 70/30 3mg
    Tested in TF 8 Q2 and Melo 3 Mini 0.3ohm-0.4ohm 30-45W

This is a very strong flavour, it is uncompromisingly dominate.
    It's not an authentic peach but rather a Beechies Chewing gum type peach. It will work well as a fruit base with other strong flavours but at a low percentage.
    It does not work at all as a standalone.
    The flavour carries through on inhale and exhale but the slightly musk note never quite leaves.

Recommended Percentages: Doubtful that you'll want it as a standalone but even at 5% it wasn't a taste that I could take all day.
    As a blend this should work well at 2-3% the strong flavour will carry through and enhance any fruit blend.

Rating: Standalone 1 out of 5
    Mix 4 out of 5

Recommend: Definitely (@Strontium)

30. Raspberry
  • Good on his own at 8+% but might need something like whipped or Bavarian cream to mellow the sweetness. Smells just like sparletta raspberry but tastes 70% the part. Got a slight aftertaste (not bad) but spoils the flavour a little. (@KZOR)
  • It's an uncomplicated candied raspberry flavour which was pleasant enough. It's quite strong - you would probably need to mix at at a lower percentage in a blend. I think there are better Raspberry flavours out there, but it might be ok as a workhorse flavour in the background.

3 out of 5 stars
    Recommend to a friend: Meh.....probably not. (@Crockett)

Notes: After the passable realism of Loco's Mango and Guava, I had high hopes for the Raspberry. It doesn't attain that same level of authenticity. There is a prominent white sugar inhale, which gives way to a bright and breezy candy berry exhale, more sweet than tart. But that is not a bad thing at all, candy flavours can be very tasty. The overall experience is akin to licking a raspberry lollipop. It's not gourmet vaping but it doesn't need to be. It's just a cheerful, prettily pink vape that is quite amenable as a standalone for me.

Recommended percentage: I'm getting the sense that Loco flavours fit with Enyawreklaw's dictum that "less is more". I tried it at 3% and 6%, and the double-strength version darkened the flavour slightly without improving it. 3-4% would be the sweet spot for me. Although if you prefer a more saturated flavour, bumping it up some won't push it over the edge.

Recommend to a friend: Yes. (@RichJB)
  • I mixed up all my Testers at 4% 60/40 0mg nic.

At 4% its not too strong but very Candy-like, very likeable for me as im a raspberry fan. It would be very nice at 5-6%. Will do another tester.
    Not really a good standalone flavour needs some cream base to bring out a full bodied raspberry.

Recommended percentage range:
    5-6%
    Rating out of 5: 4/5
    Whether or not you’d recommend the flavour to a friend: Yes if you like raspberry (@Create-A-Cloud)

Notes:

If your're after a sweet raspberry flavour, look no further. This is a potent sweet raspberry which will add a delicious sweet (and slightly sour) berry flavour note to any berry type mix. The mouth-feel is that of the little raspberry sweets I enjoyed as a child - the ones in the tin, dusted with icing sugar. This is very moreish and I will be able to finish a 30ml of this stuff in a day! Towards the end of the taste test, I got the taste of a Raspberry/Red slush puppy - nice and sweet to the last drop!
    This will be stunning in a cheesecake recipe - #strawberrymustfall

Rating: 5/5 (@Rude Rudi)

Experience: Sweet, Candy Like, Winner
    Rating out of 10: 9
    Comments: Reminds me of a Hard Raspberry Candy, its one of my favourites.
31. Rose
  • Mixed at 5% in 70/30 VG/PG 3mg nic

Notes:

This is a delicate rose flavour made for the discerning mixologist! It has beautiful floral notes with just enough sweetness to enable it to be good enough as a standalone. This off course is the best part of a Turkish Delight recipe and I already mixed one after my first sniff of this!! This wont be for everyone and can easily overpower a mix. Add this sparingly, perhaps with a bit of lemonade or champagne for a delicious summer vape!

Rating: 5/5 (@Rude Rudi)

32. Rum

Notes: Artificial rum-and-raisin flavour. Lots of raisins, with a hint of booziness. Not sweet. Semi-full mouthfeel. Almost dry.

Impressions: Like the Brandy, this does not give me an impression of rum. It also does not add any significant juiciness (unlike FA Jamaican Rum). However, this is the exact flavour which I associate with rum-and-raisin ice cream - which I have been looking for for a while. The exhale is made of some booziness followed by the rum and raisin, which then lingers for quite a while. In this regard, I am very happy with this concentrate, since I feel it can be used specifically for that flavour.

Fullness: 3/5
  • I mixed up all my Testers at 4% 60/40 0mg nic.

Very strong rum flavour at 4% for a standalone i would recommend 2-3%, in a recipe 4% would be perfect. Very authentic for me as i get notes that remind me of a dark rum.

Recommended percentage range:
    2-3% Standalone, 4% in Recipe

Rating out of 5: 5/5

Whether or not you’d recommend the flavour to a friend: Yes highly (@Create-A-Cloud)
33. Shortbread

Notes: Spot-on buttery shortbread (like gourmet super-soft Eat-sum-mores). Lots of bakery notes, quite a bit baked vanilla, custard and cream notes. Very slight hint of grain/cookie, but otherwise very smooth.

Impressions: Again, an extremely good cookie/confectionary concentrate. Really gives an impression of extremely soft shortbread, similar to a smoother FA Cookie. Will see how it matures, but for now, I think this can be a very good base for specific bakery vapes.

Notes: My initial cream test with this flavour delivered a very prominent vanilla with secondary coconut notes. I was worried that these additives might dominate the base biscuit flavour. But a week's steep pulled the additives back satisfyingly, allowing the golden-baked, sweet, buttery-smooth bakery to come through into relative balance. Although I don't get crunch or grain from the texture, it is the most layered and least linear of the Loco flavours I've tried so far. My main concern from a mixing viewpoint is that there is quite a lot going on. The vanilla note doesn't dominate but remains too prominent for my tastes and may be a characteristic that the mixer doesn't necessarily want. But, vaped as a standalone, it really doesn't need anything else to make a complete, rich and satisfying vape. Best enjoyed by those with a sweet tooth. Ordinarily I don't get to finish my 10ml single flavour sample testers. In this case, I'll be more than happy to make an exception.

Recommended percentage: 3% was bang on, I didn't even bother with other percentages.

Rating: 4/5, would be a 5 if there was a bit more crunch and the vanilla was dialed back a notch.

Recommend to a friend: Absolutely. (@RichJB)
  • Very interesting flavor this. All the buttery goodness you could possibly want from a shortbread flavor. A bit much on the vanilla however, which is where it loses marks. Flavor is good, mild creamy and buttery. The hit of vanilla is ever so slightly too much for me. I suspect this could be a viable substitute for TFA Graham Cracker Clear at lower percentages so that the vanilla does not affect the flavor too much.

Recommended Percentage: 1 - 5% (1% for buttery goodness, 5% for standalone or main profile)
    Recommend to a friend: Yes. (@Caveman)
  • Mixed at 5%, 60/40, 1.5mg nic. steeped 2 weeks
    Tested on a goblin mini v3, dual 26g stainless with cotton bacon.

This is a light, sugary, buttery delicious bakery flavour which reminds me more of Royal Dansk butter cookies than it does of eat sum more shortbread. I found that, as well as being light and buttery, it seemed to be quite complex, i was picking up quite a heavy vanilla note and every so often other notes would raise their heads. These are quite difficult to place but really really good, one can be best described as a nutmeg flavor. Loco shortbread will work in many scenarios where you need a bakery note at around 2-4 % and at 5% with a fruit or the like it will be make an amazing vape. I can see this guy standing toe to toe with the likes of FA cookie and INW Biscuit and knocking them out in the right situations.

Score 5/5

Recommend to a friend: This flavour is soooooo good, I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. (@Soutie)
34. Strawberries & cream
  • Mixed at 5 %. I once had a moirs strawberry instant puddig and this is that. No joy on this one guys. On the exhale it has a weird warm aftertaste. I think cream will be a bust. This is also the only flavour I recieved with a perfumy taste to it like the CLY concentrates gave off. Dont like the Strawberry Cream much. Will see if it improves with more steep. (@boxerulez)

Experience: Nope Nope Nope
    Rating out of 10: 5
    Comments: Its not terrible, its just that Ive tasted way better out there. I'm a bit of a strawberry snob, so this could be subjective.
35. Strawberry
  • Mixed at 5 %. I like this... more than FA and TFA strawberries/ripe that i mixed up when I first started diy'ing. Also beats the socks off CLY which I found putrid. Its closest to real strawberry and I am willing to put my serpent mini 25 on a block that this will make mustard milk better than the standard required concentrate. (@boxerulez)

Notes:
    It is not my favourite strawberry flavour, but still pleasant enough for a "pink milk" vibe. Has a slight cotton candy quality to it. It won't replace the TFA/Cap favourites for me. Overall decent enough.

Recommend to a friend: Maybe

Rating: 3 / 5 (@Effjh)
  • Being unable to really enjoy most strawberry vapes I've tried I was not expecting much from this flavor for my palate. I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how this tastes. If you are looking for a fresh sweet strawberry then this flavor is not what you want. This is a more chewy candy like strawberry flavor. Very candy like initially, after a week now, much more mellow and not quite so much candy. Has a hint of what I can only describe as rose to it. Not entirely unpleasant but not up my alley. The slight floralness of it is not well suited to my tastes. At least I can taste it though and will probably be a now and then vape

Recommended Percentage: 5%
    Rating: 3.5/5
    Recommend to a friend: Sure, if they are looking for a soft chewy strawberry sweet. (@Caveman)

Experience: Sweet, Tasty, Juicy AF
    Rating out of 10: 8.5
    Comments: The strawberry DIYers will love this, it needs to be part of a recipe (@Chukin'Vape)
36. Strawberry milk
  • Mixed at 5 %. The hits just keep on coming. This is even more strawberry than the plain strawberry. Really reminds me of Neskwik from schooldays.

This can go standalone with a hit of koolada to make it ICE cold milk. (@boxerulez)

Experience: I'm getting a strawberry sherbert more than a creamy milk
    Comments: Not my cup of tea, but I think you can tone it down with a bit of cream, or condensed milk.
37. Vanilla

Last edited:
I'd like to thank @drew and @Dinxster for providing the concentrates reviewed. It was very cool and exciting to be included among the beta testers and be among the first DIYers in the country to test these. Generally, I was very impressed with the Loco range and wish Valley Vapour all the best in stocking this range. I hope it's a winner for you!

Excellent post @Andre !
Thanks for all the effort, must have taken you ages. Wow

At first it confused me because I didnt realise you were aggregating all the reviews for each flavour - so I couldnt understand why your views were changing ! I even read the first few a few times to try understand what was going on. Lol...

Then I realised, your member tags were the references to who did that review and that each bullet was a different review on that flavour.

Loco Encyclopaedia indeed!!

Excellent post @Andre !
Thanks for all the effort, must have taken you ages. Wow

At first it confused me because I didnt realise you were aggregating all the reviews for each flavour - so I couldnt understand why your views were changing ! I even read the first few a few times to try understand what was going on. Lol...

Then I realised, your member tags were the references to who did that review and that each bullet was a different review on that flavour.

Loco Encyclopaedia indeed!!
Yeah, will try to make it more readable at a later stage. Am done for now.

@Andre - It was great reading all the reviews categorized together, that must have taken you quite a bit of time. This would be so useful for DIY'ers that would like an opinion on the LOCO Concentrates.

This was an incredible experience, I seriously had my doubts in the start - but Loco definitely won me over with some of the concentrates that I have tested - @drew @Dinxster : I wish you the best of luck with your new concentrate line, thanks for the opportunity to test them out first. I will spread the loco gospel far and wide.

Also thanks to the group of testers - It really felt like everybody was openminded, non argumentative - and funny AF.

Back