Milestone?

Viper_SA

https://www.tiktok.com/@tinus_viper?lang=en
LV

Awards
Can't quite post under the vaping milestones thread, as I am still sneaking the occasional IQOS stick, but I have not had a stinkie since 17:00 Saturday afternoon. Been sucking the life out of my 12mg MTL setup. Maybe I should have gotten 18mg :rofl: Not even getting anywhere near a silver while chainvaping the 12mg, but nonetheless, still an accomplishment for me that I wanted to share with someone.

Any journey starts with the first step. My journey started with me being bloody minded and I did everything and anything to not go back on the smokes. In comparison to what I vape today, my first juices were ... erm .. not so good. Today I am happy to say that smoking has no hold on me at all. My mates smoke and the smell, taste and appeal of smoking has left me completely.

I truly wish for the same to happen to you.

Up the nic, get new stuff, find out what works for you. Your journey has just begun.

Can't quite post under the vaping milestones thread, as I am still sneaking the occasional IQOS stick, but I have not had a stinkie since 17:00 Saturday afternoon. Been sucking the life out of my 12mg MTL setup. Maybe I should have gotten 18mg :rofl: Not even getting anywhere near a silver while chainvaping the 12mg, but nonetheless, still an accomplishment for me that I wanted to share with someone.

Even if you're having the odd cheat with an IQOS you're still a winner and what you're doing is indeed an accomplishment! Keep on and strength to you @Viper_SA!

nice, you can do it man

:VOMITHATE:

nice, you can do it man

:VOMITHATE:

Thanks man. Still hanging in there with just the occasional IQOS, but like 3 a day. Need some 18mg instead of 12mg freebase I think, but still proud of myself.

Absolutely awesome achievement! Stopping smoking is a very hard thing to do and you're on the 3 day mark which is great! Keep at it! Maybe salt nic would be a good option, especially now in the beginning?

Absolutely awesome achievement! Stopping smoking is a very hard thing to do and you're on the 3 day mark which is great! Keep at it! Maybe salt nic would be a good option, especially now in the beginning?

Tried nic salts in 2018. Really made me feel like crap. Two hits and my scalp would tingle, I'd break out in a cold sweat and feel nauseous. Tried various strengths. Just decided it's not for me. I prefer freebase. Especially since I chain vape because my hands needs to be busy like it was when I was smoking. It's the muscle memory that gets me, lol.

Oh hell, that doesn't sound good. But if you've tried it and it was a fail then onto the next thing. I've never vaped MTL liquids so don't even know if they're available in 18mg. Our very own @ivc_mixer is a superb juice maker, I'm sure he'd custom something for you if necessary.

Oh hell, that doesn't sound good. But if you've tried it and it was a fail then onto the next thing. I've never vaped MTL liquids so don't even know if they're available in 18mg. Our very own @ivc_mixer is a superb juice maker, I'm sure he'd custom something for you if necessary.

I made contact with him last night, thanx for the suggestion. The local vape shop does have 18mg, but very limited variety. I am more of a DL vaper too, but when driving I prefer MTL. Less juice when I chain vape. 5mg on DL is my sweet spot. 2mg and 3mg is too low and 6mg is just too much. Most of my new juices I bought are 4mg and 5mg.

Back in 2015 I quit smoking for 7 months and then got drunk at a farewell party. People were complaining about the clouds me and a colleague were chucking. He went for a stinkie and twisted my arm to try just one. That was my downfall. Will not make the mistake again of having "jut one" or care if people complain about a very moderate cloud. Wasn't like I was pushing 100W or anything. They just didn't like the smell of it. Can you imagine? Someone preferring stinkie's smell to vape? Ridiculous

I made contact with him last night, thanx for the suggestion. The local vape shop does have 18mg, but very limited variety. I am more of a DL vaper too, but when driving I prefer MTL. Less juice when I chain vape. 5mg on DL is my sweet spot. 2mg and 3mg is too low and 6mg is just too much. Most of my new juices I bought are 4mg and 5mg.

Back in 2015 I quit smoking for 7 months and then got drunk at a farewell party. People were complaining about the clouds me and a colleague were chucking. He went for a stinkie and twisted my arm to try just one. That was my downfall. Will not make the mistake again of having "jut one" or care if people complain about a very moderate cloud. Wasn't like I was pushing 100W or anything. They just didn't like the smell of it. Can you imagine? Someone preferring stinkie's smell to vape? Ridiculous
I quit for 8 years and had children, then my husband turned 40 and we had a big party and I had a cigarette. I cannot do social smoking, it's all or nothing and I chose nothing (eventually!)

My husband complains when my vapour goes near him, I can't believe iced litchi could be as offensive as cigarette smoke! Oh well!

I quit for 8 years and had children, then my husband turned 40 and we had a big party and I had a cigarette. I cannot do social smoking, it's all or nothing and I chose nothing (eventually!)

My husband complains when my vapour goes near him, I can't believe iced litchi could be as offensive as cigarette smoke! Oh well!

Yeah, same here. All or nothing. I hate people that can turn it on and off, hahaha

You know. What you're explaining in this post is exactly what I experienced. Smokers complaining about clouds from vaping. Smokers complaining about the smell from my vape. While they blow smoke through their ears.

Damn, today I'm suffering a little. I know a stinkie will taste k@k and that I'll regret it, but it just seems so convenient. I just keep telling myself I spent a small fortune to get back up and running with vaping again and that I have to stick it out. Got some mod issues on one of my mods used for MTL and a little bit of vaper's tongue, so not the easiest of days, never mind what life threw at me today.
Just HAVE to survive tonight. Tomorrow is a new day. Day four without a real stinky today and only had two IQOS stick per day for the last two days. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.

you will have days like these, but I sense that you are determined

you can do it

Damn, today I'm suffering a little. I know a stinkie will taste k@k and that I'll regret it, but it just seems so convenient. I just keep telling myself I spent a small fortune to get back up and running with vaping again and that I have to stick it out. Got some mod issues on one of my mods used for MTL and a little bit of vaper's tongue, so not the easiest of days, never mind what life threw at me today.
Just HAVE to survive tonight. Tomorrow is a new day. Day four without a real stinky today and only had two IQOS stick per day for the last two days. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.
We've been through it before , we can do it again... Chain vape bro, multiple setups if necessary. Keep the faith.

@Viper_SA
Your thoughts are all wrong. You're using reasoning e.g. how much you've spent on vaping, but in the end that won't give you the strength that you need.

What you need to do is to change the underlying craving for a cigarette. Again - change your thoughts.

When the first thought of a ciggie pops into your head block it. In your imagination put up a concrete wall between you and the ciggie. Imagine it. You on one side of the wall, ciggie on the other.

At the same time, and this is important, you need to change your identity. You're still identifying as a smoker, trying to give up.
Rather say to yourself, "I don't smoke therefore I don't want a ciggie."

And if someone offers you a ciggie, don't say, "No thanks, I'm trying to give up". The word "trying" implies that failure is a possibility. Just say, "No thanks, I don't smoke". Again - it's a change of identity.

This change of identity helped me tremendously when I gave up.

Hooked is on the money ;) ... Name yourself a non smoker, and use whatever is necessary to reset that muscle memory, hell, even replacing the word ciggie with stinkie goes a long way. You haven't given up anything, rather you have taken back control of your life!
Take on some new hobbies too ... even some related to vaping ... I found that making my own coils and rewicking on every tank fill helped not only in me getting those skills up, but also helped replace the embedded stinkie "sub routines".
O .... and if you require a separate device with an 18mg strong tobacco flavour in it from time to time, do that too!
Whatever it takes to free yourself from those addiction chains is worth it ... Jus' hang in there, you're doing great! :campeon:

I have to tell this story, keeping in mind what was said above about classifying myself as a non-smoker. I stopped at Checkers today after work for some essentials and meat for our braai at work tomorrow. Whilst walking out I peered over at the stinkie counter to see if they sold the IQOS HEETS. Just in case I need some one day for a real emergency. Now bear in mind that my last stinkie wasn't planned to be my last stinkie and just kind of happened. It was one of those cheapy brands. Anyway, back to my story. I was told at the filling station some weeks back that John Rolfe was off the market. Always was a favorite treat I allowed myself between the cheapy brands. My eye caught a glimpse of that yellow soft pack today at Checkers and part of my brain screamed "just one last John Rolfe to switch off with". I had to really focus to keep walking and not to even double check that it was indeed John Rolfe. Drove straight to the vape shop after that to pick up some more MTL juice. They were out of stock on Ms, Daisy's that I craved, but I got Frosteez instead.

Then after dinner I had my 2nd IQOS stick for the day. It tasted utterly kak! Now I'm burning incense to get rid of the smell. A smell that I didn't even smell as recently as Saturday. Today I thought the dog had shat in the house :facepalm: Yes, it was that bad. So, I think I'm winning the mind game part of quitting. Adding a pic in case anyone wants to try Ms. Daisy's. I love it. It's a pecan nut cream pie.

IMG_20210311_185807_resized_20210311_065819720.jpg

I have to tell this story, keeping in mind what was said above about classifying myself as a non-smoker. I stopped at Checkers today after work for some essentials and meat for our braai at work tomorrow. Whilst walking out I peered over at the stinkie counter to see if they sold the IQOS HEETS. Just in case I need some one day for a real emergency. Now bear in mind that my last stinkie wasn't planned to be my last stinkie and just kind of happened. It was one of those cheapy brands. Anyway, back to my story. I was told at the filling station some weeks back that John Rolfe was off the market. Always was a favorite treat I allowed myself between the cheapy brands. My eye caught a glimpse of that yellow soft pack today at Checkers and part of my brain screamed "just one last John Rolfe to switch off with". I had to really focus to keep walking and not to even double check that it was indeed John Rolfe. Drove straight to the vape shop after that to pick up some more MTL juice. They were out of stock on Ms, Daisy's that I craved, but I got Frosteez instead.

Then after dinner I had my 2nd IQOS stick for the day. It tasted utterly kak! Now I'm burning incense to get rid of the smell. A smell that I didn't even smell as recently as Saturday. Today I thought the dog had shat in the house :facepalm: Yes, it was that bad. So, I think I'm winning the mind game part of quitting. Adding a pic in case anyone wants to try Ms. Daisy's. I love it. It's a pecan nut cream pie.

View attachment 224712

Well done! ... ya gotta celebrate all them small successes! :campeon:

That's a major win in my opinion, as the stench of cigarettes is what keeps me far away from trying them again, hell ... I even chase my smoker mates away an' tell em to stand somewhere else when they're fumigating their lungs.
I believe it's because my sense of smell has finally returned, and the desire to no longer smell like an ashtray keeps me honest. :)

View attachment 224712
Another GREAT milestone and achievement right here meneer, and welcome back to your home on the Net. Strange how fast our bodies adapt and recover when we do the right things. Congratulations!:trophy:

Don't think I've ever featured on this list before... I've been a busy bee it seems...

Screenshot_20210311_192449_com.android.chrome.jpg

@Viper_SA Well done at leaving Checkers without giving in to temptation. That was a MAJOR accomplishment. :campeon:

And now, you don't like the taste or smell of HEETS - I'd say you're well on your way to giving up those too!!

As for Ms Daisy's Pecan Nut Pie - It's a well-known and well-liked juice amongst the "old" vapers, so you're in good company. If that is what you like make sure to stock up, even if you have to buy online. Just do a Google search. If I had any I would send some to you, but alas ...

So this morning at 3 am I was woken up by our senior standby to tell me that our unit came offline. That means a lot of maintenance for the mechanical guys to clear blockages and a lot of admin for me, plus playing technical advisor as well as coordinating all the stuff. I went through the day with very very few vape breaks, so I could not keep up my nicotine levels and had to use one or two more IQOS sticks than I wanted too, but the main thing is I'm home now and still stinkie free. Just opened my vape mail as well. @Hooked that is so kind of you! Posts like that will get me through the rest of the weekend at work, even though I had loads of things planned. Will just HAVE to feed and clean out the snakes somewhere this weekend. The rest will have to wait until next weekend unfortunately.

So this morning at 3 am I was woken up by our senior standby to tell me that our unit came offline. That means a lot of maintenance for the mechanical guys to clear blockages and a lot of admin for me, plus playing technical advisor as well as coordinating all the stuff. I went through the day with very very few vape breaks, so I could not keep up my nicotine levels and had to use one or two more IQOS sticks than I wanted too, but the main thing is I'm home now and still stinkie free. Just opened my vape mail as well. @Hooked that is so kind of you! Posts like that will get me through the rest of the weekend at work, even though I had loads of things planned. Will just HAVE to feed and clean out the snakes somewhere this weekend. The rest will have to wait until next weekend unfortunately.

but the main thing is I'm home now and still stinkie free

Indeed! That IS the main thing and well done to you @Viper_SA!

I love reading your posts. It's a diary of an x-smoker in the process of switching permanently to vaping and I don't think we've ever had this on the forum.

Back