MMA & Boxing thread

KB_314

OG vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys

Anyone else going to be watching tonights (or tomorrow mornings) madness? Light Heavyweight World Championship, Jones vs Cormier. I can hardly contain myself!

Hey guys

Anyone else going to be watching tonights (or tomorrow mornings) madness? Light Heavyweight World Championship, Jones vs Cormier. I can hardly contain myself!
I can contain myself :)

Not going to miss the main event, no love between these 2, or is it staged? Have you seen the preview on: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/2/7483671/ufc-182-preview-show?
Thanks for the link - hadn't seen that show. I think Cormier genuinely dislikes him (or he should've been an actor). It's going to take a lot though and the reach advantage is just so big. We'll see if DC can take him down or not. Do you normally watch live, or do the Sunday morning thing?

Thanks for the link - hadn't seen that show. I think Cormier genuinely dislikes him (or he should've been an actor). It's going to take a lot though and the reach advantage is just so big. We'll see if DC can take him down or not. Do you normally watch live, or do the Sunday morning thing?

Try to watch live - streaming via http://www.livestream.com/mma_tv (if I don't fall over :D). Also would like Cornier to win, but honestly I think Jones going win.

Not a very exiting fight though, some of the pre-fights were much more entertaining. Jones won on points. He was very lucky to get up so fast in round 5. If they went to ground, Cormier (ex-Olympic wrestler) most probably would have won.

Lol, @johan I would never have guessed that you were into MMA!
I can't easily imagine you sitting on the couch like a boss with an elegant e-pipe in one hand, a craft beer in another and watching the gruesome battle on the screen.

Lol, @johan I would never have guessed that you were into MMA!
I can't easily imagine you sitting on the couch like a boss with an elegant e-pipe in one hand, a craft beer in another and watching the gruesome battle on the screen.

I'm certainly not into MMA, but very much enjoy this sport - had my fair share as a youngster in FSF (f#@-up Street Fights) :D

Not a very exiting fight though, some of the pre-fights were much more entertaining. Jones won on points. He was very lucky to get up so fast in round 5. If they went to ground, Cormier (ex-Olympic wrestler) most probably would have won.
Yeah I got excited after DC won the second round in the clinch.. but his best chance was his wrestling and Jones defended it well. I'm still very hopeful for Gustafsson though! Not that I have anything against Jones, just like it when things get interesting.

Johnson is going to rape Gustafson
Sheesh, was gonna ask where's that "reading the forum as a non vaper" thread but I think even being a vaper won't help this comment

lol. Yes, Rumble has looked really good recently even at heavyweight.
If I were the betting type, I wouldn't place a bet on this fight at all! I see it as being very close, either KO win for Johnson in the first couple of rounds, or a decision win for Gustafsson.

So, how many goals were scored?

What do you think @johan - Gus or Rumble?

Alexander Gustafsson is heavily focused and I think he is going to pull it off - but only if Anthony Johnson doesn't get a clean power blow spot on Gus's trip switch.

Betting currently stands almost 3:1 in favor of Gustafsson.

My Girlfriend and I love mma... Don't have the facility to watch the fights live but I do stream a ton of ufc and we have watched all the ultimate fighter seasons too...

I really hope they're right. I think he's the only fighter atm who could beat Jones (already did as far as he's concerned). But like you say, Johnson's explosive power can pretty much knock out anyone at any weight. Definitely routing for the Swede

My Girlfriend and I love mma... Don't have the facility to watch the fights live but I do stream a ton of ufc and we have watched all the ultimate fighter seasons too...
That first season of Ultimate Fighter is what turned me into an addict!

Anthony Johnson defeats Alexander Gustafsson via TKO at 2:50 of round 1 and clinches a light heavyweight championship bout with Jon Jones.

Alexander_Gustafsson_vs_Anthony_Johnson.jpg

That light heavyweight bout is going to be really exciting, both Anthony Johnson and Jon Jones don't walk circles around the ring...they really know how to excite the fans with their fights. Always advancing and looking to finish a fight. Going to be epic!

Wow. Just watched it. So that just happened.

Feel so kak for Gustafsson. Johnson just shut everyone up good and proper though. He's been pretty damn impressive at LHW/HW

Back