Molly v2 - Some questions

CeeJay

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Is there really much of a difference, I'm an electrician so undertsand volt drop and conductivity fully. But with such a short piece that has a large surface area can you honestly say you feel a difference?

Reason for asking is that my Molly has Copper contacts but the copper has become soft and lost some of its spring which causes the button to stick at times.

Only pro in my mind is that the silver will have less maintenance.

Additionally where would I find new contacts, does anybody have old copper contacts I could borrow to have a new strip laser cut?

Is there really much of a difference, I'm an electrician so undertsand volt drop and conductivity fully. But with such a short piece that has a large surface area can you honestly say you feel a difference?

Reason for asking is that my Molly has Copper contacts but the copper has become soft and lost some of its spring which causes the button to stick at times.

Only pro in my mind is that the silver will have less maintenance.

Additionally where would I find new contacts, does anybody have old copper contacts I could borrow to have a new strip laser cut?

For me it is mainly the maintenance advantage that i have silver in my molly v1 & v2. I must have the copper somewhere and you welcome to borrow it.

Pm me and we can talk

What bottles are compatible with the Molly?

I'd like a bottle that I can cap off to take with, like the Driptech TS.

What bottles are compatible with the Molly?

I'd like a bottle that I can cap off to take with, like the Driptech TS.
No luck on capping off but the best bottle I have found is the coilmaster gremlin. From vape mob of all places.

Hi all, want to revive this thread for some advice. I have the Molly V2 with the silver contacts. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I think it needs a good clean. Not sure if it's solid silver or silver plated. So not sure what to clean it with. Every now and then it doesn't fire, or fires like at a reduced voltage, if that makes any sense. Can feel that not all the power is coming through. Must admit I was really surprised at the way the internals looked when I got it. For a HE mod I expected a bit "more", but I have since seen that many exotic squonk mods looks pretty much the same. So I think it just needs a good clean and some proper maintenance. Only wish it had a lock function somehow.

Hi all, want to revive this thread for some advice. I have the Molly V2 with the silver contacts. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I think it needs a good clean. Not sure if it's solid silver or silver plated. So not sure what to clean it with. Every now and then it doesn't fire, or fires like at a reduced voltage, if that makes any sense. Can feel that not all the power is coming through. Must admit I was really surprised at the way the internals looked when I got it. For a HE mod I expected a bit "more", but I have since seen that many exotic squonk mods looks pretty much the same. So I think it just needs a good clean and some proper maintenance. Only wish it had a lock function somehow.

could be build up from arcing

simple fix

Like @vicTor said either arcing or the throw to point of the connection might be loose or hitting the wrong connection try turning the round part the connection strip make contact with as circled in the pic IMG_20210524_173748.jpg

Early in my career, I was assigned to investigate intermittent failures of high energy auxiliary contractors, where they'd become intermittent after some 4 to 6 months of operation, and to cut a long story short ... the contacts were getting a semi conductive film of organic compound(s) built up on them, (resolved by hermetically sealing them). What was happening was airborne oil particles were being vapourised by the contractor heat, and then carbonised by the resultant arc.
I would assume a similar scenario with atomised, (or other), eliquid around your Mech switch contacts, (to which you could hermetically seal the contacts at massive cost), or get into the habit of wiping them down with a good switch cleaner from time to time, remembering that metal oxides exacerbate the issue two fold, as not only are they less conductive than their host metal, but their porosity is a "sponge" for organic compounds, which arcing effectively reduces it to carbon, creating intermittency.

I also have the Molly V2 that I bought second hand and has been owned by many. When bought new I think the Molly V2 does come with a lock mechanism as seen below, I'm guessing this can be removed, mine did not come with this. Screenshot_20211017-100229_Google.jpg
As far as a resistant layer building up on the contacts goes, I'm pretty sure this is happening and will obviously reduce the current being delivered to the atty. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link

Usually run a 0.2ohm build on my mech setups but didn't feel I was getting enough out of it so thinking it was the mod battling to deliver, I bought another brand new mech mod to compare the two with the same atty. Turns out the Molly was firing just as well as the new mod so the performance issue would have been with the atty in this case, but maintenance of the contacts and the 510 as a whole are highly recommended

Okay thanks guys, I hear what everyone is saying, but what I really wanted to know was how to clean the contacts. Can I use jewelry cleaner, or contact cleaner? Is it solid silver, or just silver plated?
Anyway, here are some pics if it would help with the advice. P.S. Mine also came 2nd hand and does not have the locking mechanism and has a different Sun Box bottle from the original, but I prefer it to the reviews I've seen of the original.

IMG_20211017_110044.jpg IMG_20211017_110049.jpg IMG_20211017_110053.jpg IMG_20211017_110056.jpg IMG_20211017_110116.jpg IMG_20211017_110156.jpg

You raise good point in that it may well be silver plated as apposed silver, in which case the least aggressive cleaning method would be to use a switch cleaning solvent along with a soft cloth, else jewelry cleaner, remembering to rinse the parts off with warm water post jewelry cleaner use, and dry with a soft cloth.

not sure hey, mine has copper contacts

best way to see is on the dimples of the contact where the battery fits, from wear you may see some copper then it's obviously plated

not sure hey, mine has copper contacts

best way to see is on the dimples of the contact where the battery fits, from wear you may see some copper then it's obviously plated

Thanks, I'll check with a magnifying glass, lol, as my eyesight is up to sh.t lately. One other person that may know is the guy I bought it from, @antonherbst ?

Okay, looks like solid silver. I did notice something strange... My strike plate (for lack of a better word) is flat with this small groove on both sides, while one's I've seen on YouTube has a small bend in it? Any ideas as to why this is?

IMG_20211017_190324.jpg IMG_20211017_190333.jpg

Now, this is what silver is supposed to look like yeah!

IMG_20211017_194243.jpg

Back