Most under-rated device...

Duffie12

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have a beloved tank or RDA that you think is extremely under-rated.

For me it is the Ego One CT (specifically the CT, Constant Temperature, model). I use it with the CLR coils which I've never rebuilt myself, I just use the 1 ohm coil and chuck it when done. As a flavour device that is easy to use and isn't a cloud machine it rocks!

For fruity menthols especially this thing is awesome. I love Hazeworks Sunset in it and for this and a few other flavours it is even better than my target tank with the cCell coils (yes, there, I said it...). I reckon the reason this device doesn't get much love on the forums is for the following reasons:

1) People try it with the regular, i.e. non CLR, coils which aren't as good.
2) People haven't tried the CT (or VT) models which give a constant wattage which also steps up for lower ohm coils.
3) It is associated with the Twisp Aero.

Anyone else have one that they rate?

For me its is the Derringer RDA. I just love it. Great flavour and cloud, and easy to build. What I like most is the fact that I can pull off the "top cap" if you like and drip directly onto the coils. I can see how much I need to add to the juice well to not overfill.
Only negative is the single hole center post and I get a little spit back and splatter, but it is a real small charm.

These were quite popular in their day so I wouldn't call them underrated but rather overlooked or simply forgotten. The Billow v2 is nothing short of amazing!

image.jpeg

Several from my early gear would fit in this category I'd think.

Like any of my Greek SS/Glass By Leo Slim and Pro Slim Tanks with By Leo Sopia RTA's driving them instead of carto's. I hate carto's, so the Sopia's are what first drew me to By Leo products. I wanted them to drive KirFanis, VA Salt and Pepper and custom tanks on my ProVari's.

blslim.jpg

An extra price of admission though was buying a Zapper V2 to make my own NR-R-NR ready wires for the Sopia's.
blsophia.jpg
zap2.jpg

Among other mods I used these tanks/Sopia's on also included mods what would probably also fit this category.

The Don, otherwise known as the Megalodon from Moju Republic in the UK was/is a great little mech with a lot of versatility thanks to the tube combinations that allow a wide range batteries for 3.7V, 5V or stacked 3V for 6V. Mine is an early aluminum version with all the original parts. They also later offered a SS version.

TheDon.jpg

Another favored home for the Sopia/Slim Tank combo was in another oddball, The Donkey (MicroStick) from MiniCig, Israel.

MS600s.jpg

I also sometimes traded them off with the VA Spheroids on my VapourArt Piccolo as well.

picc3-1.jpg

Another what I'd call an under rated atty, the No Gain by NoName. An oddity of sorts in the world of bottom fed atty's, the No Gain uses stainless steel mesh for wicking. Basically mesh is wrapped around a vertical center post with any of a number of different types of coils wrapped or wrapped on a form and fitted around the mesh. In practice though I make the rolled mesh to fit the post and fire treat it before it is installed in the atty. Being bottom fed a liquid reservoir of sorts is obtained by layers of organic cotton in the build deck cup. This atty was designed to be a MTL atty, so I had to drill mine out for the lung hits I take. I bought it to relive the clean flavor of my early genesis mesh atty days on my Reos.

ng1.jpg ng2.jpg ng3.jpg ng4.jpg
nogain.jpg

Setting up/squonking/firing the No Gain above...

ngs1.jpg ngs2.jpg ngs3.jpg ngs4.jpg ngs5.jpg .....

Back