adriaanh

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Hi,

Need advice on Ammit MTL RTA.
Getting muted flavour.
Tried less cotton, short and long.
Tried different coils and resistances but can't get good flavour.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Need advice on Ammit MTL RTA.
Getting muted flavour.
Tried less cotton, short and long.
Tried different coils and resistances but can't get good flavour.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi @adriaanh
I don’t have the Ammit MTL
But what juice are you vaping and what is the flavour muted compared to? I.e. what other tank or device have you vaped that flavour in that it’s better?

Hi @Silver
I have tried different juices and 60/40 and 50/50 ratios.

Vape these juices on the RPM 40 and the Aegis Boost. And get much better flavour.

Got other RTA's and I wick and coil them with success. Just MTL RTA that I can't get good flavour.

Last edited:
Ah ok
I assume the RPM and Aegis have commercial coils

What are the specs of your coil? What ohms? Material? Diameter?
What wick?
Maybe take a photo of your coil and wick and I would think other Ammit users would be able to give you some advice. If the flavour is muted it could be not wicking properly. Not sure.

Hi @Silver
I have tried different juices and 60/40 and 50/50 ratios.

Vape these juices on the RPM 40 and the Aegis Boost. And get much better flavour.

Got other RTA's and I wick and coil them with success. Just MTL RTA that I can't get good flavour.

Bro, 1583004075914302407102161158350.jpg I get better flavour the higher up I put my coils from the air inlet.
I have been trying it on my RDA's as well and it seem to be better.
Cut the legs on your coils longer, as high as you can in the MTL RTA without it touching the chamber cap. It might help!

Ah ok

What wick?
Maybe take a photo of your coil and wick and I would think other Ammit users would be able to give you some advice. If the flavour is muted it could be not wicking properly. Not sure.
Yes commercial coils.

Tried superfine MTL coils 32g 2.7mm 1.2ohm. The coil in the Pic is 30g fused Clapton wire

Yes commercial coils.

Tried superfine MTL coils 32g 2.7mm 1.2ohm. The coil in the Pic is 30g fused Clapton wire geek Vape self wrapped. 3mm if I can remember. 0.42ohm

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_220259.jpg
    IMG_20200229_220259.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200229_220209.jpg
    IMG_20200229_220209.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20200229_220158.jpg
    IMG_20200229_220158.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 35
Bro, View attachment 191125 I get better flavour the higher up I put my coils from the air inlet.
I have been trying it on my RDA's as well and it seem to be better.
Cut the legs on your coils longer, as high as you can in the MTL RTA without it touching the chamber cap. It might help!
What I understand of MTL RTA's is you need to place your coil as close to the air vent as possible.

Try to get something to lift your coil up slightly above the airflow without distorting it and try it again.

Your coil can be safely lifted to the height of the screws.

I've tried that already. Done close to the air holes and raised. Tried tight wicking and loose. Tried different liquids too.
Others are saying this gives good flavour. :confused:

What I understand of MTL RTA's is you need to place your coil as close to the air vent as possible.
It looks like your airflow goes over the coil from the pic. The other thing is what works for some doesn't necessarily mean it will work for everyone.
It's worth a shot seeing you have poor flavour.

There is 3 airflow holes on the Ammit MTL. One the side of the coil post aim straight the one the opposite side is at a up angle and the there is one direct underneath the coil

I've tried that already. Done close to the air holes and raised. Tried tight wicking and loose. Tried different liquids too.
Others are saying this gives good flavour. :confused:
Then I have nothing bro. I would just play with the coil till it start working for me then I'll try and dial it in.
Lately I have also had issues and tried different wicking materials so I lifted my coils and it became better. I also build higher ohm coils,over 1ohm

@Room Fogger a @MrGSmokeFree any other advice to aid @adriaanh .
Ah ok

What wick?
This is also good to look at.

I’ve had the Amit MTL for sometime.... easy to build and wick. Flavour on it is average though. Try changing the wire you’re using and up the ohms a little to 1 ohm or more like @Resistance suggested and see if it works.

What worked for me @adriaanh was kanthal a1 wire 26 gauge, 7 wraps ,3 mm ID hitting 1 ohm. Give it a try
20200229_224905.jpg
20200229_224954.jpg

Thanks will give it a try. And the wicking?
May be nothing, may be something, try a spaced coil, I have had some success with that when the flavour was lacking, see if it makes a difference.
As for wicking, I prefer CB2, and Titanium is also good, but my all time favorite has to be a Royal, but I haven’t seen anyone stocking it for quite some time, and I’m on my last bit, but cotton is subjective, I’ve tried and liked Cotton and Fibre as well, mix of cotton and Rayon I think, quite a tight wick and thinish tails worked well. Just note that it has to fill the wicking ports quite well, it doesn’t expand as much as cotton only, so too little and you flood.

Thanks guys I didn't have anymore answers. You guys rock!

Any cotton will work like @Room Fogger said. The trick is a tight wick and the thinning of the tails. To much cotton in the wicking ports and you will get a dry hit and to little you will flood the deck.

Thanks guys. Like I mentioned I have other RTA'S and I wick and coil them with good flavour production.

I'm only problems with this particular RTA.

@adriaanh .

I was at a vape store recently when a guy delivered an order of his coils to the store.
I asked him about the best coils for mtl and his recommendation is a fused clapton (similar to Vandy Vapes Superfine MTL Ni80 30*2/38) -
6 wraps / 2.5mm ID (or 3mm ID if you prefer) that comes in at around 0.6ohm (max 0.8ohm) at 20W.

I've tried it and it does seem to give a nicer vape.

Bottom line is you're going to have to play around a little to find something that works FOR YOU.

I have a couple of Vandy Vapes Superfine MTL Ni80 32*2/38 id 2.6 6 wraps 1.2ohm. That I've tried in this tank and didn't make much difference.

Going to try some K1 28g and ohm it out at around 1ohm. Just have to get some.

Thanks for your input much appreciated.

Back