My thread to engage gets deleted

capetocuba

Variable Vaper
LV

Awards
Mods my post was removed, the reason being that "I must show respect for the Admin and Mod team.

Are you not prepared to discuss this matter openly? For a relationship to work there should be mutual respect. I am feeling that my voice is not being heard or respected. I fail to see how I have disrespected the team ?

Please keep this thread open for replies :)

I second this motion. Ecigssa is losing people by the day. People who were here from the inception. I don't think they would leave for any dumb or fabricated reason. they're all rational adults. Nothing has changed with the members, but i honestly and strongly feel that a lot has changed with the Admin and Mod team. This forum is not "home" like it used to be. Fix the admin and mod team and acknowledge positive criticism provided by members of the forum. Don't hop aboard the "this thread is now locked" or "deleted" train.

Geez I am now GATVOL for all this "kinder kak" - I will come back in a day or 2 to see if all this shite is resolved.

I haven't been on the forum long enough to know all about the history of those who started the forum and those who have come to feel at home here over the years. I can only speak from an new member/outsider's perspective and as a newbie this doesn't feel like a place I'd want to be if things continue this way. I agree with @capetocuba that things need to be talked about in the community rather than people being censored for attempting some form of democratic discussion.

If that simple tenet can't be achieved, why should the community even bother?

Geez I am now GATVOL for all this "kinder kak" - I will come back in a day or 2 to see if all this shite is resolved.
@johan with all due respect, things have gone pear shaped here and a lot of people are angry. I was opening up a dialogue about some issues and that thread was deleted. This IMHO will carry on till spoken about in an open and transparent manner. Is this forum a "community democracy" with rules or is this forum ruled with an iron fist?

@johan with all due respect, things have gone pear shaped here and a lot of people are angry. I was opening up a dialogue about some issues and that thread was deleted. This IMHO will carry on till spoken about in an open and transparent manner. Is this forum a "community democracy" with rules or is this forum ruled with an iron fist?
You have a valid point, but remember there is a difference between spoken and outright attack

I made a post which got deleted for coarseness or there and thereabouts so I'll rephrase:

I sympathise with future new vapers. When this mini riot dies down, they'll stumble upon this forum, oblivious to the fact that better and more chilled places exist. The mods here have proven themselves time and time again - no form of appeasement on their part will change that.

Hi all

The Admin & Mod team have decided that enough is enough.

We will absolutely not tolerate any posts whatsoever that contain personal attacks, whether direct or implied, on any other member or the members of the Admin and Mod team

In addition, we will not tolerate those who are posting things here with the objective of trying to break down this forum that many of us have grown to love over the past 2 years.

From now on, any member found to be posting in such a manner will be BANNED instantly, without notice.

Hi all

The Admin & Mod team have decided that enough is enough.

We will absolutely not tolerate any posts whatsoever that contain personal attacks, whether direct or implied, on any other member or the members of the Admin and Mod team

In addition, we will not tolerate those who are posting things here with the objective of trying to break down this forum that many of us have grown to love over the past 2 years.

From now on, any member found to be posting in such a manner will be BANNED instantly, without notice.

Alex, my problem with this is perception, please allow me to explain,

If a portion of the community perceives a staff member to have been acting in a manner, lets call it "unbecoming", and presents proof as evidence for dialogue, will this be perceived by the admin and/or mod team as an attack?

Also, I think, from many of the posts made thus far, a portion of the community feels that it is at least some of the admins/mod team that are breaking down the forum that we have been members of for the last two years.

Yesterday, Gizzmo posted that he was open to discussion of the grievances of the community, today, when a post is made for dialogue, "enough is enough", there appears to be a disconnect here.

I am more then willing to discuss these things.. PM me with what we can do to change and we can move from there. This public discussion is not the way forward.

As if being banned from this forum is going to be so bad haha

How is transparency not the way forward? Surely transparent public participation is key? Or is this like the Protection of State Information Bill?

I am more then willing to discuss these things.. PM me with what we can do to change and we can move from there. This public discussion is not the way forward.

Unfortunately, Giz, therein lies the problem, PM would be a lack of transparency for the community.
Public discussion is the only way forward, obviously with respect and without outright personal attacks, which is why I raised the issue of perception in the first place.

The bosses decided its enough! To bad life doesnt work like that. Without open communication and excluding the community you exactly doing what people have been accusing you off.
Sadly beginning to see what they where talking about.

All i can say is that i love this forum. It has been the driving force of my vape experience. I feel that the pm system is there for people to privately resolve their issues and not in front of the whole community to read. I am not taking any sides here i am just saying that i think it is much better to sort something out between only 2 people then between the whole community.
Come on guys we have a good thing going here .

Guys(mods) please don't let this place fall to shit. PLLLLEEAAASSE just let the public discussion happen and please apologise to the parties who were offended

Unfortunately, Giz, therein lies the problem, PM would be a lack of transparency for the community.
Public discussion is the only way forward, obviously with respect and without outright personal attacks, which is why I raised the issue of perception in the first place.
If you can keep the kids out of the discussion with their out right attacks i will be all for it to keep it in public but as proven again and again there will always be that one that cant talk like a grownup and start to act like a kid that wants a toy in Checkers and cant have it.

Back