New mod advice

Wayne Swanepoel

New Vaper
LV

Awards
howsit

as per my intro I am looking to get some new kit. Namely a 2/3 battery mod. My current setup which is a pico and lychee or I just works well, decent flavour and respectable clouds but im tired of charging during the work day. If I vape on vw at 40w i get just under a day on a charge, slightly more if inset it on bypass.

im big on aesthetics so no tank overhang on 25mm tanks. I often use the lychee with the nocltch coil on tc mode so that's is anothe requirement. I rarely ever go over the displayed 60w in vw.

I am willing to go second hand but will have to buy new batteries so price needs to be taken into consideration.

what recommendations ?

Tia

I have a Smok Osub 80w that is around a month old if you keen...Google the reviews. It lasted me more than a day on a charge. Pm me if you need more info.

I have a Smok Osub 80w that is around a month old if you keen...Google the reviews. It lasted me more than a day on a charge. Pm me if you need more info.
The Alien and ijoy Solo v2 have both served me well.The Relo rx200 has been in my rotation for a long time but you have to buy three batteries.The Hohm Slice is worth eyeing ,26650 single cell with good battery life 101 watts and many unique features including T.C.for kanthal.Good luck.

howsit

as per my intro I am looking to get some new kit. Namely a 2/3 battery mod. My current setup which is a pico and lychee or I just works well, decent flavour and respectable clouds but im tired of charging during the work day. If I vape on vw at 40w i get just under a day on a charge, slightly more if inset it on bypass.

im big on aesthetics so no tank overhang on 25mm tanks. I often use the lychee with the nocltch coil on tc mode so that's is anothe requirement. I rarely ever go over the displayed 60w in vw.

I am willing to go second hand but will have to buy new batteries so price needs to be taken into consideration.

what recommendations ?

Tia

Hi @Wayne Swanepoel

If portability is important to you I would suggest rather going for a good 2 battery mod instead of 3 battery mod. The 3 battery mods are quite heavy and tend to be on the bulky side.

The 2 battery mods that I can vouch for (i have by no means tried them all) are the minikin v1.5 and the Hotcig R150. The hotcig looks very nice but is quite a bit larger than the minikin 1.5.

I think at 40W you should be able to get through a day on a good two battery mod.

As @Silver mentioned the Hotcig R150 is a great mod but a bit pricey.
If you were not planning on spending that much then i would suggest the Smok Alien like @kev mac suggested.
It is also dual mod, capable of 220W so ample oomph to play around with cloud builds, fits comfortably in any pocket, will take a 25mm atty with miniscule overhang on the front, very reliable and pleasing to the eye. Older models had a paint chipping issue but i think that has been sorted out.

I would also highly recommend the Alien cause its capable of 220W... Not that you would use it but that headroom allows for longer usage time at lower wattages. Also, it allows pass through charging so like me, you can vape will plugged in to your PC which really not recommended but it keeps my batteries fresh for when I've got to hit the road. That and its very pocket friendly too

Morning Chaps

Thanks for the great responses and opinions much appreciated.

@SMOK Thanks for the offer but i think it is a lot like the Pico in terms of power output and size and not really looking to duplicate my stash.

@Silver Portability isn't the biggest issue as i will still have the little pico if i know im going to be out and about mostly, but i do agree with the 2 battery vs 3 aspect. Three battery mods are just so big and heavy. The hotcig is out of my budget at the moment, maybe one day when im big :)

@kev mac, @KZOR and @Amir i hear you about the Alien, Seems like a decent mod but i just cannot bring myself to like the looks of it. i have been made aware that it is currently on special for R1000. even then i feel it looks rather adolescent when compared to other items in the same range.

i think i have made my mind up with the Sig 213w that @Yagya has for sale. Yes i know about the false out put that has been advertised, but for a 150w mod that looks good, can take 25mm atty without overhang and runs a 2 battery setup i think its perfect for what i am looking for. Im pairing it up with an SM22 for now and the pico with run the ijust2/melo 3 mini with some ceramic coils for ease when out and about.

Please feel free to provide further opinions, external input is always appreciated

I think you are making sensible choices @Wayne Swanepoel
Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

i think i have made my mind up with the Sig 213w
If you go this route, please report back on your findings. I am also currently in the spot where I "have" to choose something new. And was also looking at the Sig 213. Played with it a bit the other day and must say it feels good in hand, and have all the features I am looking for. Meaning it will lightup my coils, hehe.

If you go this route, please report back on your findings. I am also currently in the spot where I "have" to choose something new. And was also looking at the Sig 213. Played with it a bit the other day and must say it feels good in hand, and have all the features I am looking for. Meaning it will lightup my coils, hehe.

Will do,

Morning Chaps

Thanks for the great responses and opinions much appreciated.

@SMOK Thanks for the offer but i think it is a lot like the Pico in terms of power output and size and not really looking to duplicate my stash.

@Silver Portability isn't the biggest issue as i will still have the little pico if i know im going to be out and about mostly, but i do agree with the 2 battery vs 3 aspect. Three battery mods are just so big and heavy. The hotcig is out of my budget at the moment, maybe one day when im big :)

@kev mac, @KZOR and @Amir i hear you about the Alien, Seems like a decent mod but i just cannot bring myself to like the looks of it. i have been made aware that it is currently on special for R1000. even then i feel it looks rather adolescent when compared to other items in the same range.

i think i have made my mind up with the Sig 213w that @Yagya has for sale. Yes i know about the false out put that has been advertised, but for a 150w mod that looks good, can take 25mm atty without overhang and runs a 2 battery setup i think its perfect for what i am looking for. Im pairing it up with an SM22 for now and the pico with run the ijust2/melo 3 mini with some ceramic coils for ease when out and about.

Please feel free to provide further opinions, external input is always appreciated
It should give you what you need

OK so courier has been sent to collect the SM22 and the 213w, i need to go get batteries tomorrow

which do you guys recommend? i use the 30Q in my pico and seems to be fine

Back