Norseman’s Review on the BTFC RDA from Augvape

NorsemanReviews

New Vaper
LV

Awards
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this BTFC RDA free of charge directly from Augvape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

9VeZsvn.jpg

Packaging
This one as the other attys that come from Augvape is delivered in the Cardboard Tube we have seen so many times before. When you open it up you find the RDA sitting on top and underneath it you will find the goodie bag with its content.

m3GPeo3.jpg

The RDA
This is a collaboration between Augvape and VapnFagan and it is a 25 mm 3-piece RDA with both bottom and top airflow. The letters BTFC apparently stands for Bottom Airflow, Top Airflow, Flavor and Clouds.

sjpuNuI.jpg

The deck is a raised two post system where the coil legs is put in at a downward sloped angle towards the outside of the deck. It is easy to build on and as easy to wick since you got enough room for the cotton.

The juice well on this one is deep, and when I say deep I mean 12 mm deep which should allow for a lot of liquid when you are dripping. I would say though, that this one is better used as a squonk atty. Why is that you might wonder…

kXAxL91.jpg

The space between the posts is a bit crowded, meaning that it will leave you with the coils pretty much together, depending on what ID they are of course, and when you drip you will drip on the coils and it will get down into the airflow holes and of course start leaking. When you squonk on the other hand the liquid comes from beneath and never hits the coils and therefore doesn’t go down the airflow as easy.

KWLhdy7.jpg

As I said in the beginning it has both bottom and top airflow. The bottom airflow goes through the posts and come up underneath the coils to improve on flavor and as stated on Augvape’s site the top airflow is for clouds when used with the bottom airflow.

waNHuzL.jpg

It is actually really smooth and neither of the bottom or top airflow has given me any whistling or any other bad sounds. The top cap is domed a bit, also in order to improve flavor and the barrel has the letters BTFC etched into one side of it and that’s it.

wsmO6xh.jpg

As most new RDA’s today this one as well utilizes 810 drip tips and I have tried a few of mine and they all sit loosely on it. This means that the opening for the drip tip is a bit on the wide side and not really 810.

My absolute pet peeve on RDA’s is bad O-rings, no matter if they are too loose or hold too tight. Fortunately on this one they do work as intended and keep things together nicely.

ayqekdj.jpg

So how does it perform… Overall it works really nice in squonk mode, at least for me. The way the deck is with the bottom airflow and limited space doesn’t make this a good dripper RDA. It does deliver on flavor and gives you good flavor. It’s not fantastic or amazing but it is up there with a lot of other RDA’s I have tried so far this year.

Assessment
The experience with the BTFC hasn’t been a bad one at all, besides the leaking issues that I had when I was dripping with it. As a squonk atty on the other hand it has worked much better. The 810 issue is also a thing that makes the experience less of a nice one since the attached black and frosted drip tips are not up my alley at all.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are in the need of an 25 mm RDA that is best suited as a squonk RDA I would say why not… It is well built and it is priced fairly as well.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build and wick
Hybrid safe

Cons
Custom 810 drip tips sit too loose
Prone to leak when dripping

Parameters
Width: 25 mm
Height: 33 mm with the drip tip
Black, Gun Metal, SS, Rainbow

Package includes
1 x BTFC RDA
1 x Extra frosted 810 drip tip
1 x Squonk pin
4 x Spare post screws
1 x Allen key
Spare O-rings

You will find it here
BTFC RDA

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Back