Norseman’s Review on the Pro Mech 2 Kit from VGOD

NorsemanReviews

New Vaper
LV

Awards
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Pro Mech 2 Kit free of charge from BuyBest for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

azLz8EQ.jpg

Packaging
This kit comes in a black and white box with the VGOD badge, the name of the kit and the color printed on the front. On one of the sides you find the actual kit depicted, on the other side, specifications on the mod and RDA. On the back you find more info on the kit and the switch.

OEZsQTa.jpg

When you take the paper sleeve off, the box is all black with the VGOD badge printed on all sides. When you open that box up you will find the zippered case the kit resides in.

fMQEpgr.jpg

If you flip that open you will see the mod sitting in a cutout on one side while the RDA sits besides it in its own cutout. In a net on the lid part of the case you will find the spares it comes with.

ztmwu2v.jpg

The Tube
It is a 24 mm hybrid copper mod with Delrin sleeves. And when I say sleeves I mean two of them, one for the upper part and one for the lower part of the mod. I got the black camo sent to me and it is actually good looking and the camo itself brings some life to the mod.

zPvnuZT.jpg

The sleeves are well made and they make the mod pleasant to hold to be honest, they are however a bit too long for my liking since the length makes it hard to tighten the RDA or the switch fully. The tube itself is well machined and it isn’t anodized in a bronze like color like the little brother, the Sandman from Atom, which by the way also goes under the VGOD umbrella.

uq6vtke.jpg

The tube got 18 tiny holes for venting, and those are spread out in groups of 3x3 on the upper part and 3x3 on the lower part of the mod. I do however wonder how well these venting holes actually work since you put the Delrin sleeves over them and therefore block them off entirely.

8nR6JN1.jpg

And to make matters worse, the Delrin sleeve inside the tube can rotate since it isn’t fixed and also block the venting holes, and therefore make venting kinda impossible. I have tried my absolute best to get some air out of the mod to see if the venting holes work, but to my disappointment they don’t work at all as far as I can see.

tTxeb7O.jpg

The switch is something I have seen before on the Sandman mech from Atom, and this one as well suffers from the same problems with the contact pins getting somewhat deformed on the inside towards the center of the switch.

HUX25QQ.jpg

It is made out of eight pieces, the switch housing, a spring loaded battery adjustor, three contact pins, the spring, the button and a screw that holds everything together in the switch housing. The button is covered with what VGOD says is actual carbon fibre.

87kQ0VC.jpg

The throw on it is pretty short and firm, and the spring is actually really nice in that sense. The throw might be around 1 mm or maybe a little more, but still within what I would call short.

2BTFV70.jpg

In the time I have been using it, it has worked without any issues really. I haven’t experienced any hot button at all and the voltage drop on the mod seems to be very low. Hard to say how much or little it really is without doing any serious measuring with instruments designed for the task. My collected experience does however tell me that it can’t be much.

GPuDY3T.jpg

One thing I never liked about VGOD mods is how they over brand their stuff with the logo or badge everywhere on almost any surface, luckily with this one they haven’t used the badge anywhere, except on the top around the hybrid connection. They have however used the name VGOD twice on the middle part of the tube that sits between both sleeves.

xGVZE6X.jpg

The top is what I would call cramped with VGOD logos and info, and not really necessary at this point in their career, considering how well known they have become among vapers. Once, when I made an education to become a graphic designer, I learned that ”less is more” and I try to live by that in anything I design even to this day. A lesson some companies should learn.

3beV9gW.jpg

The RDA
This is a 24 mm 2-piece RDA that comes with a proprietary drip tip that you thread onto the top cap and no drip tips I have would fit into it and most likely none of yours either. On the inside of the drip tip on this one, it has some cast residue from the manufacturing and that residue makes it sharp and unpleasant towards your lips, meaning the quality control failed here.

5uB41hp.jpg

It has a 2-post deck with a Kennedy style airflow, which unfortunately isn’t adjustable. The deck itself is easy enough to build on and it got a fairly deep juice well. The juice well is however cramped up due to the airflow that takes up a fair amount of space, leaving less room for the cotton, so it is important to adjust the length of the cotton when wicking it.

CMGdFRY.jpg

The nuts resemble the ones on the Druga RDA, and when you build on it, it makes it easier to tighten the coils enough to hold them in place until you tighten them down with a screwdriver. The o-rings do their job and keep the top cap in place with a snug fit which is a good thing.

qtsRiU4.jpg

Vaping on the Elite isn’t really a life changing experience, it provides you with clouds and that is basically all it does. Sure there is some flavor, but I can honestly not call it anything but severely muted flavor wise.

tyQQQOs.jpg

It clearly shows that this RDA is built for one thing and one thing only, and that is for making clouds and nothing else. Anyone calling this a flavor RDA clearly hasn’t used any RDA’s providing good flavor and got a big surprise coming when they do.

xENP4Zs.jpg

Assessment
It is a nice looking kit and I wish that VGOD would manufacture a new RDA they would add to these kits instead of the Elite. The mod itself is worth the money asked for it, but the RDA isn’t something I would ever recommend as a good flavor RDA to anyone.

Can I recommend it to others?
I definitely can recommend the mod for those in the market for a mech mod, the RDA however is a total bust for me. I’m sorry, but there is no nice way to say that something isn’t good enough. The price asked for this kit is what I would call fair and it would be even more so with a better RDA in the kit.

Pros
Machining
Hard hitting
Smooth threads
Paint job
The Switch and the throw
Delrin sleeves
Looks

Cons
The three contact pins in the switch get somewhat deformed
The venting holes doesn’t function at all
The Delrin sleeves are too long making it hard to tighten the RDA and switch
The RDA lacks flavor
Cramped juice well due to the bottom airflow
Not adjustable airflow
Proprietary drip tip

Parameters
Mod
Width: 24 mm
Length: 86 mm
Black, Arctic Camo, Black Camo, Desert Camo

RDA
Width: 24 mm
Length: 33 mm
Black, Colors as standalone: Copper, Black, Gold, Silver

Package includes
1 x Pro Mech 2
1 x Elite RDA
1 x Spare spring for the switch
O-rings
1 x Flathead screwdriver
1 x Instruction
1 x Set of coils

You will find it here
VGOD Pro 2 Kit for $78.29 at the time I wrote the review.

And before ending this review I want to point out a few things of importance to those new to mech mods and also the seasoned user. Remember to always pay attention to…
Battery safety
Ohms law
Having a hybrid connection you must make sure to have a protruding enough 510 pin on the atomizer
Keeping your mech mod clean at all times. Meaning the connections, switch, threading and internally

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Back