Opera. Not for everyone!

Grand Guru

The Vape Guru
LV

Awards
I'm creating this thread for those who'd like to share some good opera and baroque music. I only started listening the last couple of years, so I'm relatively novice.

Not a massive opera fan, but I'm a fan of Strauss and Tsjaikovski music. I'd listen now and then to Beethoven and Mozart, but not much. I find classical music really relaxing sometimes. Don't ask me who composed what or what the names of the music pieces are, I don't know. I have some songs saved and I listen to them when I feel I need it.

...other than that.....Alan Walker.....mostly.

Not a massive opera fan, but I'm a fan of Strauss and Tsjaikovski music. I'd listen now and then to Beethoven and Mozart, but not much. I find classical music really relaxing sometimes. Don't ask me who composed what or what the names of the music pieces are, I don't know. I have some songs saved and I listen to them when I feel I need it.

...other than that.....Alan Walker.....mostly.
Well this thread is an opportunity for us to learn (my wish) and get exposed to something different :)

Well this thread is an opportunity for us to learn (my wish) and get exposed to something different :)

I did, years ago, went to see Carmen (by French composer Georges Bizet). Twice. I was in awe. Loved it.

I'm creating this thread for those who'd like to share some good opera and baroque music. I only started listening the last couple of years, so I'm relatively novice.
Nice thread thanks. I don't mind some light classics or light opera music sometimes. Jip I'm no expert either but you know whether you like something or you don't. Saw this recently and all I can say is WOW. Talk about talent for an eight year old playing without using any sheet music. It's not opera but certainly is worth a special mention.

Last edited:
Nice thread thanks. I don't mind some light classics or light opera music sometimes. Jip I'm no expert either but you know whether you like something or you don't. Saw this recently and all I can say is WOW. Talk about talent for an eight year old playing without using any sheet music. It's not opera but certainly is worth a special mention.

So adorable! I can only imagine the number of hours she had to practice to reach that impressive level of flawless technique!

I hope some chamber music is fine in this thread.

One thing I miss the most from my days staying in Pretoria, the State Theater! SWAMBO and I used to make quite the evening of our outings there. I'd don a nice suit, she'd dress up and we enjoyed countless evenings of opera and ballet there. La Traviata, Carmen, Swan Lake (Local production & The Russian Ballet Company)

My Ladies:

Montserrat:

Callas:

Nana:
Schubert's Ave Maria (the best one IMHO)

Sabine:

Anna Caterina:

The Gentlemen: (Pick a Tenor, any Tenor...)

Domingo:

Luciano: (Is it even Opera without him in the list?)

Carreras:

All three together now!

Terfel:

Bocelli:

There are so many new comers to the genre (like Sabine), it's hard to keep track, but these are the "oldies" and they will forever encapsulate my love for opera.

One thing I miss the most from my days staying in Pretoria, the State Theater! SWAMBO and I used to make quite the evening of our outings there. I'd don a nice suit, she'd dress up and we enjoyed countless evenings of opera and ballet there. La Traviata, Carmen, Swan Lake (Local production & The Russian Ballet Company)

My Ladies:

Montserrat:

Callas:

Nana:
Schubert's Ave Maria (the best one IMHO)

Sabine:

Anna Caterina:

The Gentlemen: (Pick a Tenor, any Tenor...)

Domingo:

Luciano: (Is it even Opera without him in the list?)

Carreras:

All three together now!

Terfel:

Bocelli:

There are so many new comers to the genre (like Sabine), it's hard to keep track, but these are the "oldies" and they will forever encapsulate my love for opera.

Quite a selection you have there. Nice!

Moonlight Sonata. Filled with nostalgia, anger, agitation and hope… he was almost deaf when he composed this masterpiece.

Back