Paddy Vapes Leprechaun local is lekker an honest review (sort of not really)

Daniel

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
So I thought I'd give my quick review (NOT) of the locally made squonker mech the Leprechaun by Paddy Vapes.

Received my mod about a week ago and from the get go I was frustrated. Why did my atty not sit flush? Oh wait adjust the 510 (watched Justin's video), sorted.

This mod hits hard like a Brakpan auntie who you just rejected cause she's 'Not your type'. Justin tried to explain it to my simple mind but suffice to say I didn't get it....

Does it have its flaws, yes and I voiced that to @Justin Pattrick no battery safety (but then again no real mech has it, know your ohm law check your battery for wrap issues). Battery rattle, yes it's there but let's be honest we all don't go shaking our mods feverishly every five seconds. This is a 'big boy' mech like most Mechs....

Down to the aestetics, I have the RAW version and yes it will pick up snail trails easily but again it's a mod to be used not babied. We all would like to deny it but we wash dishes (except oom @Rob Fisher he has a stabilized wood dish washer probably) so just Gooi it through a quick Scotchbrite cleaning and you have a pristine looking mod again....

With the HE scene as it stands now the Leprechaun won't win any beauty contests and might not be a Reo but it's locally made by a great dude who puts up with all your bitching...

Is there improvement to be made? Yes and this is what makes this such a great community. I call on all Leprechaun owners to voice their opinions but remember, local is always lekkerder.....

Not an owner of one, but was interested. I Sent him a PM to find out a bit more on his units as the website is down, sadly no response as yet en though he read the message this AM. I dnt really like that much

I love my Leprechaun.

It just works so well. It's tiny and I think it looks amazing. The curves make it feel great in the hand. It's solid, well built and yet still very light.

I've got a Reo (mini) and a Coppervape mod and the Leprechaun just works better than both. The Reo is a LP SL and uses a tiny battery, and I love it... But the Leprechaun is by far the best mod I own.

It's also a very custom mod. You choose the colour and where you want the logo. If you want extra engraving, just ask.

It doesn't have the Reo safety spring. I'm okay with that. It's a nice to have but I'm okay with that. It's a mech, which is a reason why I got it. The battery compartment is also seperate from the bottle so a venting battery won't ruin anything else.

And it's made by an awesome local guy. @Justin Pattrick is an artist. I want to be his best friend.

Not an owner of one, but was interested. I Sent him a PM to find out a bit more on his units as the website is down, sadly no response as yet en though he read the message this AM. I dnt really like that much

Sorry, we have him designing and making a new mod for us.

The + The form of the mod is great. Even better that the atties sit flush. Button great is made by a local dude

The - battery rattle, needs regular maintenance (black powedery buildup on batteries) the maintenance is really the only thing that irritates me a lot. The reo can go a month without maintenance maybe even more with the leprechaun for me its alot more regular

The - battery rattle, needs regular maintenance (black powedery buildup on batteries) the maintenance is really the only thing that irritates me a lot. The reo can go a month without maintenance maybe even more with the leprechaun for me its alot more regular

Yeah, the black buildup is bad, but nothing a pencil eraser can't fix. I think it's because of the bigger contact that hits the battery than the Reo.

As for battery rattle... I never really noticed it because I don't shake it around much. The Reo stops it with a small spring that doubles as a type of safety, which is genius, but the battery and bottle live right next to each other in the Reo so it's more important there. The battery lives in its own section here so it's not a big thing. The Coppervape mod has a very elegant solution to this (sans spring) but the battery has to be inserted from the bottom, so it isn't as convenient as the Leprechaun. The inclusion of a small spring would also mean this mod would need to be slightly taller to include the spring and a stopper... So I'm perfectly happy it doesn't have a spring and can live with the tiny vertical rattle.

It was made to be the smallest 18650 mech squonker mod. I haven't come across anything smaller.

I've attached a size comparison to the Noisy Cricket for reference. The Leprechaun is taller because it has a proper 510 connector, not a hybrid like the NC.

Attachments

• 20170212_002835.jpg
    20170212_002835.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170212_002825.jpg
    20170212_002825.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 58
I love my Leprechaun.

It just works so well. It's tiny and I think it looks amazing. The curves make it feel great in the hand. It's solid, well built and yet still very light.

I've got a Reo (mini) and a Coppervape mod and the Leprechaun just works better than both. The Reo is a LP SL and uses a tiny battery, and I love it... But the Leprechaun is by far the best mod I own.

It's also a very custom mod. You choose the colour and where you want the logo. If you want extra engraving, just ask.

It doesn't have the Reo safety spring. I'm okay with that. It's a nice to have but I'm okay with that. It's a mech, which is a reason why I got it. The battery compartment is also seperate from the bottle so a venting battery won't ruin anything else.

And it's made by an awesome local guy. @Justin Pattrick is an artist. I want to be his best friend.

Thanks so much bud!

Back