Pod system and nic salt juice. Where do I start?

SAVaper

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Good morning everyone.
I want to try some nic salts.
Lately the 6mg juice irritates my throat and 3mg does nothing for me.

Which pod system would you recommend?
Something where the coils will be available for a while. Decent battery life, easy to fill etc.

I've been using the Renova Zero for nearly 2 years now, works great and is cheap.

Haven't used pod systems in ages. But my only recommendation would be to find a pod system that has coil availability. The Voopoo Argus Air pod uses the PnP coils that are used by a lot of devices, so it should be available readily.

After a year of using a pod, I would imagine it would cost about the same as a decent mtl rta and coils will never be a problem?

OBS Cube MTL Kit comes to mind.... mod and MTL RTA, tight draw, easy to coil and wick, top airflow and basic VW mod. Wont set you back a kidney either...

Thank you.
Which would you recommend?
I have 2 tanks that I own myself, Expropriation V4 and Ether both have great flavor, Expro has a from a very tight to loose mtl draw and Ether starting just a bit lower to a restricted DL draw. Ether for me is much more forgiving

I have 2 tanks that I own myself, Expropriation V4 and Ether both have great flavor, Expro has a from a very tight to loose mtl draw and Ether starting just a bit lower to a restricted DL draw. Ether for me is much more forgiving
Expro v4, not expropriation!!!

Expro v4, not expropriation!!!

I will never call it anything other than Expropriation again.... scarred for life... hahahaha

If you are heading the MTL RTA Route, there are a lot of good options to choose from to name but a few (in no specific order):
Expro V4
Galaxies RTA
Hellvape MD
OBS Engine MTL
Berserker V2
Intake MTL

Good morning everyone.
I want to try some nic salts.
Lately the 6mg juice irritates my throat and 3mg does nothing for me.

Which pod system would you recommend?
Something where the coils will be available for a while. Decent battery life, easy to fill etc.
IMG-20201102-WA0000.jpeg
I have been using these two pod systems for a while. Both from @FreeMax and both named the same. Maxpod and Maxpod circle.
The Maxpod has replaceable coils.
The circle doesn't.
Flavour is exceptional on both bit I think the circle gets a few extra points on flavour. I have also been using the circle much more and I still use the original pod because it simply last that long on light flavours. Flavour is still up there and I have been using it for a while.
I have also been using a mix of salts and freebase in the same pod and currently on 3-6mg freebase where I still feel satisfied with the hit.
Whatever you decide, the choice is still yours,but look at other reviews on it, because I think it's worth it (my opinion) to have it as a daily driver or backup pod.
If you do decide on salts, don't go too high at first. Try 24mg and take it from there.
I hope you find your happy place.

Taking in flavor, portability, feel, look, fill, capacity, etc. ........ YES

thanks @KZOR
I see it says it has an adjustable airflow
Is this one good for tight MTL in your view?

View attachment 216232
I have been using these two pod systems for a while. Both from @FreeMax and both named the same. Maxpod and Maxpod circle.
The Maxpod has replaceable coils.
The circle doesn't.
Flavour is exceptional on both bit I think the circle gets a few extra points on flavour. I have also been using the circle much more and I still use the original pod because it simply last that long on light flavours. Flavour is still up there and I have been using it for a while.
I have also been using a mix of salts and freebase in the same pod and currently on 3-6mg freebase where I still feel satisfied with the hit.
Whatever you decide, the choice is still yours,but look at other reviews on it, because I think it's worth it (my opinion) to have it as a daily driver or backup pod.
If you do decide on salts, don't go too high at first. Try 24mg and take it from there.
I hope you find your happy place.

Awesome thanks.
I will keep that in mind.

I read that a lot of the pods leak especially with 50/50 nic salt juice. That would frustrate the life out of me.

Any experience with this issue?

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

I read that a lot of the pods leak especially with 50/50 nic salt juice. That would frustrate the life out of me.

Any experience with this issue?

It is a matter of any coil will eventually leak if it is not a sealed unit. The saturation, no matter what ratio of juice you use will eventually be so much that you will have some form of leaking. And this goes for Sub Ohm Stock Coil tanks and Pods with replaceable or built in coils. Even top airflow tanks can get juice into the airflow systems (which if you turn the tank upside down will leak out) and it affects your vaping when it does. There is nothing that is leak proof. You just need to get used to your device and its limitations to counter act it before it happens.

On pods I have tried the Caliburn, Nord 2, Twisp Cue, Pal 2, Drag S, Drag Max, V.Suit, PnP tank.... every one leaks, some takes longer and some goes quicker, depending on the use, the heat, the juice, the time of day, what the weather is like in Antarctica, how high a Condor flies, etc.... and then there are people that have used these devices and never had a days leaking at all.

One that is supposed to be "leak proof" is the Nevoks Edjo. Got one on the way to test out and will be using nic-salts, MTL Freebase and DL Freebase in it to see how it performs with the 1Ω pods.

It is a matter of any coil will eventually leak if it is not a sealed unit. The saturation, no matter what ratio of juice you use will eventually be so much that you will have some form of leaking. And this goes for Sub Ohm Stock Coil tanks and Pods with replaceable or built in coils. Even top airflow tanks can get juice into the airflow systems (which if you turn the tank upside down will leak out) and it affects your vaping when it does. There is nothing that is leak proof. You just need to get used to your device and its limitations to counter act it before it happens.

On pods I have tried the Caliburn, Nord 2, Twisp Cue, Pal 2, Drag S, Drag Max, V.Suit, PnP tank.... every one leaks, some takes longer and some goes quicker, depending on the use, the heat, the juice, the time of day, what the weather is like in Antarctica, how high a Condor flies, etc.... and then there are people that have used these devices and never had a days leaking at all.

One that is supposed to be "leak proof" is the Nevoks Edjo. Got one on the way to test out and will be using nic-salts, MTL Freebase and DL Freebase in it to see how it performs with the 1Ω pods.
That was more or less what I expected. Thank you for the info.

Which of the one's you tried was the least prone to leaking?

Please give us feedback on the Nevoks.

That was more or less what I expected. Thank you for the info.

Which of the one's you tried was the least prone to leaking?

Please give us feedback on the Nevoks.

The Pal 2 was the least, but that was because of the power put through it (which amounted to less heat, with any of the coil options). But it was a bit lacking in performance.

The Nord you have to lift the pod slightly out of the device so that it does not go completely down into the base, that way you have less pressure on the coil and the seals underneath, this helped with reducing the leaking.

The Cue started leaking shortly before the performance and flavor dropped, so once you get the leaking you know you have a couple of hits left before you have to bin the pod, clean up and stick a new one in.

The Caliburn I over-used when I got off the stinkies, so it was driven hard and had to keep up to my 20 stinkies per day habit... but also leaked more towards the end of the coils lifespan.

On the Voopoo's I killed the coils in 4 to 5 days, but so far the V.Suit has the least amount of leaking which I also think is a power/performance factor as it is the lowest level of the ones I have used in the range. The Mrs now uses all 4 versions that I got and for her too the V.Suit is the least amount of maintenance. A few factors that promotes leaking on the Voopoo coils are: chainvaping, temperature outside (dont leave it in the car or in sunlight), placing it on its side for extended periods, 50/50 juice (Mrs only uses MTL, I used mostly 70/30 and had less leaking).

Will give you some feedback on the Nevoks once I have put it through the paces.

The Pal 2 was the least, but that was because of the power put through it (which amounted to less heat, with any of the coil options). But it was a bit lacking in performance.

The Nord you have to lift the pod slightly out of the device so that it does not go completely down into the base, that way you have less pressure on the coil and the seals underneath, this helped with reducing the leaking.

The Cue started leaking shortly before the performance and flavor dropped, so once you get the leaking you know you have a couple of hits left before you have to bin the pod, clean up and stick a new one in.

The Caliburn I over-used when I got off the stinkies, so it was driven hard and had to keep up to my 20 stinkies per day habit... but also leaked more towards the end of the coils lifespan.

On the Voopoo's I killed the coils in 4 to 5 days, but so far the V.Suit has the least amount of leaking which I also think is a power/performance factor as it is the lowest level of the ones I have used in the range. The Mrs now uses all 4 versions that I got and for her too the V.Suit is the least amount of maintenance. A few factors that promotes leaking on the Voopoo coils are: chainvaping, temperature outside (dont leave it in the car or in sunlight), placing it on its side for extended periods, 50/50 juice (Mrs only uses MTL, I used mostly 70/30 and had less leaking).

Will give you some feedback on the Nevoks once I have put it through the paces.
Great. Thank you very much

Back