Poll - Browser versus Tapatalk

What do you use to access the ECIGSSA forum?

• Only a normal Browser

Votes: 95 81.9%
  • Both, but MAINLY a normal Browser

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • Only Tapatalk

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Both, but MAINLY Tapatalk

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Please take a moment to answer this poll and add any comments you need to below.

We all have unique tastes when it comes to viewing forums.

We are trying to get a feeling for how many use Tapatalk. And whether you use it on occasion or exclusively. Versus a normal browser (eg Chrome, IE, Firefox etc)

It will help us in some of our planning for the year ahead. Relating to trying to improve the experience for all.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you cant see the poll on Tapatalk, please just post below.
The poll options are as follows:
  1. Only a normal Browser
  2. Both, but MAINLY a normal Browser
  3. Only Tapatalk
  4. Both, but MAINLY Tapatalk

Last edited:
My choice in the poll was "Both, but MAINLY a normal browser"

I mainly use a normal browser - about 90% of the time.

I only use Tapatalk on my mobile when I need to upload pictures from my phone because it does the resizing so easily and seamlessly.

I use a normal browser mostly (on my PC and iPad) because I often need more functionality which is either not there in Tapatalk or its easier and more familiar to access using a normal browser. Granted, some of that is for admin/mod duties. I also prefer the way things look in a normal browser and being able to see stats on the members etc.

Also much easier to use a normal browser to tag members because it brings up the list of members after typing the first three letters.

How about you? Please let us know.

Thanks @Rob Fisher

Even when I am out and about, I use a normal browser on my phone to read or make a short reply

I only use Tapatalk if I need to upload a photo

I use browser only. I did use tapatalk before and still have it, but don't use it anymore as the forum is always open in my phone's browser and just add another page for other stuff.

I use the browser on my phone 100% of the time, this way the forum looks like it should, everything is where it should be. I could never figure out that tapatalk thing.

Lol I am such a goose. Checked now and the poll is not visible on Tapatalk. Am typing this on Tapatalk now.

So if you are reading this on Tapatalk - please post below.

I will go put the poll options directly into the original post

Tapatalk only....therefore can't even vote on the poll

Thanks for replying @Dooky

This is the problem. There are several things you cant do on Tapatalk:
- RSVP functionality
- polls
- tag suggestions after three letters (and tags are the cornerstone of a forum)
- rating icons

The above are just a few. The list goes on but is probably going to get worse as the forum software evolves and gets more sophisticated.

Hence this thread so we can plan accordingly...

Edit - added rating icons to the bulleted list thanks to @incredible_hullk - i forgot about that - lol

Last edited:
I used to use tapatalk, the browser has a bit functionality and is more easier to use

Mostly use browser on tablet, pc and phone. Only use Tapatalk to upload pics due to autoresizing. Tapatalk does have its benefits with regards to the notifications when you out and about and someone replies to a thread or mentions you though. Navigating in Tapatalk just feels a bit messy though

Mostly use browser on tablet, pc and phone. Only use Tapatalk to upload pics due to autoresizing. Tapatalk does have its benefits with regards to the notifications when you out and about and someone replies to a thread or mentions you though. Navigating in Tapatalk just feels a bit messy though

Thanks @gdigitel - that is helpful

4. For me.....

I prefer tapatalk over a crappy phone browser. I have an A7 and even on its 5 odd inch display the forum is just too tiny from phone browser.

At work I am on Firefox 100% of the work day so ecigssa is a pinned tab and browser is pinned in desktop.

Love tapatalk though amd always find what I need using the participated tab and if that fails I use search option.

Always have

Unread
Participated and
Subscribed as tab options in tapatalk.

Works a treat.

Sent from my Serpent Minikin

I tried tapatalk for a week. It confused and frustrated me for a week. So I deleted that rubbish and returned to browsing through Chrome on my phone and pc.

*edit: the only really annoying thing on Chrome (phone) is that until the page isn't 100% loaded you can't click on anything as the page jumps as the final 1% loads and one ends up selecting a link that's 2 or 3 lines above the intended target

4. Mainly Tapatalk but Chrome when using my PC

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

4. Both, but MAINLY Tapatalk

Laptop at home died, mainly on Tapatalk, occasionally on PC at work.

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Thanks @DominionZA
Is there any specific reason you have not accessed the forum through a normal browser?
At least not on occasion?
Typically when at my PC I am working or gaming. I do most of my reading on my phone, either laying in bed, on the crapper, or watching TV.

I also find Tapatalk easier to navigate.

Only real pain is not being able to take part in polls

Back