Poll - Mouth to Lung (MTL) versus Direct Lung (DL)

What is your vaping style?

• Total voters

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Quick poll just to see what your vaping styles are.

I know that many of us are direct lung hit vapers but I also know that a lot of us still like our mouth to lung.

And some of us do both.

What is your style of vaping at the moment?

In case you havent heard these terms before:
  • Mouth to Lung (MTL) is where you draw the vapour first into your mouth before inhaling it into the lungs. Much tighter draw and far less vapour
  • Direct lung (DL) hit is where you inhale directly into the lungs. Looser draw and more vapour.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I do both

MTL mainly in the mornings and for strong tobaccoes
Lung hits for the rest of the day and mostly on fruity memthols

Where does restricted lung hits sit? I know it's DLH bit it's halfway between the 2 IMHO.

Edit: nevermind I'll go with both :D

Where does restricted lung hits sit? I know it's DLH bit it's halfway between the 2 IMHO.

Edit: nevermind I'll go with both :D

Good point @Christos
But in my book restricted lung is still direct lung hit because of the action. The action is the same as direct lung but its just a bit less airflow so one typically takes a longer hit.

By the way
Am paging fellow mouth to lungers @ChadB and @Marius Combrink - pls come vote if you havent already

Was a MTL vaper for my first 2 years exclusively... then a short while doing both... now DL only... albeit a restricted lung hit...

Still early days in this poll
But i want to see how mamy enthusiasts still do MTL, even if its part of the time.

By the way, polls only work using a normal browser
For those using tapatalk, you will have to log in with a normal browser.
Incidentally, the forum experience on a normal browser is much, much better and there is a lot more functionality.

I also do both,

High nic (12mg and up) tobaccos - MTL
Anything from 6mg down will be DL.

Doesn't matter the time of day, I will do any at anytime of day. I do prefer to wakeup with a bang so go for the tobaccos first thing in the morning. Then with my coffee I will have a desert vape DL. Then during the day it varies between the two, depending on if I have 5 minutes to sit and relax and blow big clouds, or rushed and take a toot of my current 16mg Chocolate Tobacco.

Yep I rarely do MTL these days and have slowly moved over to restricted lung hits.

Part of this is because there seemed to be a dearth of good new MTL tanks 6 months ago and so my style adapted to what was coming out. I occasionally MTL still, but nearly as often.

I was not a tootle puffer tobacco user, I'll never be a tootle puff vaper either. :)

I do both

MTL in the mornings and at work. Run either a Kayfun 3.1 or 4 for that, but usually carry a DL tank on an extra mod just for fun/in case, but only hit that 3-4 a day on social "smoke breaks" . In the afternoon and after 5:00 I'll switch to slightly restricted DL with either a Wotofo Serpent or Conqueror. Not into huge airy tanks.

I do DL most of the time... Except for when I'm not allowed to vape like in planes and hospitals and movie theaters... Then the Nautilus Mini with 24mg nic comes out to play and I hold in the vapors so as to not draw attention to myself...

A man gotta do what a man gots to do. Without nicotine I turn into the hulk so it's in the best interest of public safety to just leave me be!!

Tootle puffing choir boy till the day I die. :)
I've tried the Goblin mini V1 and more recently, the SM25, not really my thing.

That... and I can see where I'm going....

I too have been blinded by them clouds... It helps though on the days where the sun is unbearable... I'm always in the shade!!

Hmmm.....

This is interesting. There are more mouth to lungers than I thought (even if it's only partial)

Hmmm.....

This is interesting. There are more mouth to lungers than I thought (even if it's only partial)
It seems like many vapers keep a MTL setup for those times when needed. Such as for me at work I'm not allowed the clouds so I am quite happy during the day with my small toots and as others said, when I am at movies or dinner with parents I'm not gonna cloud them out completely so it really comes in handy. And first thing in the morning for me as I can't do big lung hits. So I think most vapers become creatures of habit, using wat works best when u can

Back