Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

Am starting this poll to find out what the general feeling is amongst members regarding single versus dual coils.

I know some prefer duals because you get oodles more volume of vapour - which in turn means more flavour.

But is it necessarily better flavour or more accurate flavour? That is debatable.

Some prefer single coils because they are easier to build and wick - and dont put as much strain on the battery.

Please answer the poll and feel free to explain and leave comments below.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

I almost always use single coils at low watts (20 to 30).

Lately though I have been using the Shuriken and the Navigator at 90W more and more often... I don't know whats happening to me! :eek: :-D

I went for Both - but more single

I prefer singles because they are easier for me to work with, wick and maintain
Also i get more battery life
I dont really need the extra "volume" of vapour and for me a dual doesnt really make a difference to the actual flavour quality, just the volume.

I do however have some atties which do require duals and i do use them, but not as often.

All my "workhorse vapes" are single coils
Lemo1, Evod, RM2, Subtank Mini and more recently the Kayfun 5

I prefer dual but it depends on the tank being used, the sm 25 and merlin mini is great on single coil.

Having yet to try the engine nano dual coil with 26g 8 wrap around 2.5 to 3 mm is the sweet spot and what I currently run on all my tanks

I mostly own atties that are dual decked without a means of closing one side off. The airflow difference with one coil throws me off balance.

I'm now a proud own a SM25. The first time a ran the single coil, it was awesome. Successive attempts at rebuilding gave me the dry hit issue. Got the dual deck in at the moment and it is blowing my mind to an alternate dimension. For the first time ever I'm actually reducing the airflow a bit.

Will definitely get back to the single coil deck soon though. I want to be able to truly experie ce it so that i can make up my own mind on when to use single or dual as I feel there is a place for both in the world.

I almost always use single coils at low watts (20 to 30).

Lately though I have been using the Shuriken and the Navigator at 90W more and more often... I don't know whats happening to me! :eek: :-D

As taken from Wikipedia

"Puberty is the process of physical changes through which a child's body matures into an adult body capable of sexual reproduction. It is initiated by hormonal signals from the brain to the gonads: the ovaries in a girl, the testes in a boy"

-

Jokes aside, I find RTA's a pain in the ass but it's more common for them to have a single coil option, most of my RDAs you have to shoehorn a single coil in or deal with alot of extra airflow. I wish third partys would make plugs for popular RDAs'.

I'm more of a dual coil guy as I find the vapor volume keeps me away from stinkies more then a higher Nic.

Single coil for me no question. I prefer the pure flavour I get at low wattages in devices with small chambers.

Really want to push single chunky coils and cant with plug setups....it just doesnt work 100% - Tempted to get the 22 Serpent RDTA; but hope going from a 24 (ijoy combo) back to a 22 doesn't dissapoint

I'm a lazy bugger so prefer the simplicity that tanks offer. Not the dripping type at all.
I opted for 'Both equally', as that is likely where I end up.

Billow v2 dual coil in my hand all day at 25W - still my main driver after all this time.
Serpent Mini 25, single SS316, also at 25W, but far thirstier than the Billow and requires much more refills with the slightly lower capacity.
Subtank Mini Ni200 single coil in TC mode - very effective menthol driver with great economy and very little 'afterburn'.
iJust 2 with (single) notch coil gyppo - fantastic menthol driver with a great punch and icy cold afterburn.

I have now totally comitted to single coil decks only. Ultimately, dual coils allow you to increase wire to wick surface area while keeping resistances low. Low resistence wire can achieve similar results on a single coil deck so the extra hasstle of dual coils does not warrant the slight advantages they offer. My opinion, others may differ.

Regards

Really want to push single chunky coils and cant with plug setups....it just doesnt work 100% - Tempted to get the 22 Serpent RDTA; but hope going from a 24 (ijoy combo) back to a 22 doesn't dissapoint

Go for the KOF RDTA instead. Its a 24mm single coil rdta, allows chunkier coils, easier to fill and wick, and disassembles easier for cleaning etc.

If im running menthol vapes, single coil does the job perfect at lower wattage 20-30 watts, as it does not produce a harsh menthol and brings out all the other notes in the juice.

Tobacco vapes i can also get away using single coil but i get more tobacco notes and less of the fruits/honey and nuts

If im going dessert or bakery i have to go dual coil and higher wattage 40-55 watts otherwise it just tastes like a watered down juice.

Go for the KOF RDTA instead. Its a 24mm single coil rdta, allows chunkier coils, easier to fill and wick, and disassembles easier for cleaning etc.
Thanks! Was worried a bit about the fill plug but dont think it'll be a prob

I recently did a single coil build on my Ijoy Combo RDTA and was the best flavor i have had from this tank. I then used the RDA deck and built a dual coil and have since only dripped and havent looked back or used the RDTA again even though flavor was great, the RDA dual is even better with flavor.

I need to see if i can use the single build deck and drip using that, cause battery life and flavor....not bothered about steam train clouds much.

I agree with you @Raindance , I am also moving back to single coils, although not completely. Vaping is often described as a journey. I started off with Egos and moved on to cloud blowing, but have returned to higher ohm builds with lower wattage. I now think of cloud blowing as... been there done that.., now what is the advantage ? There is no doubt that cloud blowing is fun, but like sex it is better done behind closed doors. I believe that there is no worse advertisement for vaping than cloud blowing in public.

I no longer see much benefit to low ohm builds. At low wattage I get a very satisfying vape, batteries last longer, easier to build, use less juice (I diy so I don't mind the cost but I hate having to refill regularly), I can also vape in public without offending others.

As you say @Raindance , "my opinion, others may differ."

For me it is dependant on atomizer, my Avo24 flavour is muted on a single coil compared to dual so I build dual that I only need to run at 45watts.

Also find it juice dependant, dessert on dual, fruits on single

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi all

Am starting this poll to find out what the general feeling is amongst members regarding single versus dual coils.

I know some prefer duals because you get oodles more volume of vapour - which in turn means more flavour.

But is it necessarily better flavour or more accurate flavour? That is debatable.

Some prefer single coils because they are easier to build and wick - and dont put as much strain on the battery.

Please answer the poll and feel free to explain and leave comments below.

View attachment 92682 View attachment 92683
That top pic looks like some oke mandrel bent an exhaust pipe o_O

Last edited:
Dual coil in the griffin 25 at 30w.

Lol at all the people calling 30w low. 2 years ago 30w was high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I used to only believe in single coils, however the tanks of today (TFV8 and Tornado 150) works spectacularly with dual coil. My TFV4 was single coils and all my drippers in single as well. Times change, so do we..

I recently went into the 'fancy coil' thing out of curiosity ..... and I'm blown away.

Single coil 7 wrap Flapton , 2.5mm ID @ a comfortable .4ohm in my SXK Hadaly , running around 44W on my little Squeeza .... BLISS

I think with the different coil options and atty/flavor specific builds becoming prevalent , we will definitely see a shift towards fancy coils and coils spesific to a certain atty/juice/wattage whatever .....

Back