Profile Unity RTA - Wotofo

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Profile Unity RTA from Wotofo. The Profile Unity RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

https://www.wotofo.com/pages/profile-unity-rta

Introduction

The Profile Unity RTA is an RTA version of the very popular Profile RDA and a collaboration between Wotofo, MRJUSTRIGHT1 and TVC. Apart from juice ports added, the deck is identical as on the RDA version but with this being an RTA no BF option. The tank holds 3.5ml of liquid or 5ml with the adaptor and larger glass fitted. It offers adjustable side airflow and a cascade method to get juice from the tank to the wicking channels. The big question is will this wick or be dry hit city? Let's find out!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc Profile Unity RTA
1pc 5ml Glass Tube
1pc 5ml Tube Adaptor
1pc User Manual
1pc Bending Tool
1pc Screw Driver
1bag nexMesh Coil (0.13 ohm)*2
1bag 6mm Agleted Cotton*1
1bag Extra Orings & Screws, Springs

Aesthetics

The Profile Unity RTA came in cardboard packaging with plenty of Wotofo Green on show and see through plastic cover so i could see i had received the Black version. The Profile Unity is also available in Gold, Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow or Gunmetal, all versions come with a 3.5ml glass fitted and Resin 810 up top. The 810 is a wide rimmed Goon fitting and with the Black version i received is Red. Both top and base section as castle design texturing and through the glass both the air pipe and top of the chamber is visible. The section between the base and glass has dual cyclops which line up both sides with a series of 5 airflow holes. On the front of this section we have the Profile logo carved into the metal. The base see's a load of branding in White and the Gold plated 510 protrudes quite a lot. The build quality is good and i think it looks a nice RTA but if using the adaptor and 5ml glass it does become quite tall.

Profile Unity RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Overall Height: 48.5mm
Threading: 510 thread
E-liquid Capacity: 3.5ml (5ml tube included)
Filling Method: Top filling
Coil Type: Mesh
Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Colours: Black, Gold, Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Gunmetal

OFRF nexMESH Specs:

Material: Kanthal A1
Size: 16*6.8mm (also compatible with Profile RDA)
Resistance: 0.13ohm
Recommended Wattage: 60-70W

The Profile Unity RTA Various Parts

We start up top with a Goon fitting 810 Resin drip tip which has a bore to suit the airflow so not the widest, this has allowed for the drip tip to have a thick wall which makes it comfortable between the lips, their is no spare drip tip of 510 adaptor included. The top cap is a very short turn and it's off, Wotofo has it described as a Tongue and Groove fitting but maybe furniture makers might say "not really". It does come off quickly and secures back in position just as quick but seems a bit crunchy and not the smoothest. The next section is the juice port ring with air pipe, the juice ports are long but quite narrow so not really suitable for glass droppers. The air pipe screws on to the top of the chamber and the RTA comes fitted with a 3.5ml glass but if you unscrew the air pipe from the chamber the small included adaptor section can be screwed on allowing the 5ml glass to be used although this does make the air pipe longer so potentially flavour could suffer. The next section comprises of the outer sleeve which is used for airflow control, juice cascade system and chamber. Finally we have the base section including the familiar mesh deck with ceramic plate.

Using Mesh in an RDA (and now RTA) Issue

Mesh is becoming the way to go with stock coils upping the flavour and giving coils more longevity but mesh RDA's have not been met with the same enthusiasm being inconsistent with flavour and renowned for dry hits. Mesh gives great flavour, yes that's just my opinion but it is an opinion shared with countless others but the mesh needs total contact with the wicking material and a combination of the flexible mesh and cotton which expands, then shrinks as it dry's and also can sag and change shape as it's constantly expanding shrinking and sagging means with all the best will in the world trying to keep cotton touching the entire surface area of the mesh is a big problem. It has worked perfectly with stock coils as the cotton is packed between the mesh and the outer shell of the coil head so the cotton always covers the mesh surface area, if only there could be a solution so mesh can be enjoyed in an RDA (and now an RTA), Read on!!!

Spring Loaded Ceramic Seating.

Mr JustRight1 has come up with the perfect solution, between the posts on the Profile RDA and now also the RTA version we have a Spring loaded Ceramic seat directly underneath where the Mesh domes over from post to post. The Ceramic seat pushes the cotton against the mesh and has the cotton expands, then shrinks etc the ceramic constantly pushes the cotton against the mesh with the spring allowing it to lower or raise to achieve this.

The Profile Unity RTA

The Profile Unity is a RTA version of the Profile RDA and uses the same exact deck with added juice ports rather than a wide open well to allow it to wick as a tank version. So with the success of the Profile RDA we know the cotton is going to stay in contact with the Mesh and give great flavour but has the wicking been cracked in an RTA form and if so how has this been achieved?

How The Profile Unity Wicks

The problem with having an RTA version is how does the mass of cotton that's needed with a mesh build constantly get wicked? First the juice gets to the cotton by going down cavities either side between the outer sleeve and chamber and comes out at the bottom into the juice ports for your cotton to soak up. Just above the openings at the bottom of the cavities we also have 2 holes either side allowing some liquid to also hit the side of the cotton on the way down to give it additional help. The idea of how the liquid goes from the upper tank to the wicking channels is very similar to Vaporesso's Cascade idea.

Important It's Wicked Correctly

After explaining how the liquid gets to your cotton is only part of the problem, the other is the amount of cotton needed with mesh which is why to get the Profile Unity wicking correctly you do need to be a bit of an hairdresser. When your cotton is pushed underneath the mesh you need a lot of it as it needs to be a really tight fit against the mesh then you initially cut the ends of the cotton bow tie style. At this stage your cotton ends are far too dense (just too much cotton) for the Unity to wick and stuffing the cotton ends into the juice ports will just choke off the flow of liquid. You need to make a diagonal cut on both ends of the cotton from the bottom to about 2mm before the start of the mesh at the top. This allows just the now thinned ends to be just poked through the juice ports without hitting the bottom of the deck and the cotton towards the top should be enough to push slightly up to the two juicing holes on both sides mentioned before.

The Airflow

Both the airflow and how the juice "Cascades" to be wicked by the cotton all takes place in the section above the deck which comprises of the outer sleeve which has dual cyclops with hard stoppers and the inner chamber that fits over the deck and also has your airflow inlets both sides which consists of 5 holes either side. When the tank is fitted together you do need the base section in the hand and not on your device as you need to push and turn both base and the section above against each other until you feel it slot into place, you then tighten the threading in the usual manner. When the base slots into place both the airflow and juice cavities are lined up on the deck perfectly and when tightening the threading the deck spins freely with the section above to stay lined up. The airflow can be adjusted by just turning the sleeve to have the required amount of holes open, what is adjusted one side will be adjusted the other.

The Deck and Build

The Deck is very simple with a vertical sitting clamp each side for the end of your mesh to slide into. The dual head grub screws are on the sides, so simply loosen the screws, slide your mesh ends evenly in place and tighten the screws it's that easy. The grub screws are combo flathead/phillips which is a plus and to make it even easier you are supplied with a simple tool to bend the mesh around before fitting, it bends the mesh to the perfect shape (the simple ideas are always the best). Before wicking pulse your coils at about 20w (25w max) to get rid of any hot spots and burn off any residue from manufacture. When it comes to wicking it needs to be done as i have already explained, that's not me trying to be a smart arse or thinking i know best as i am just a vaper and go through the same trial and error as any other vaper. It is how those that have designed the RTA say it needs to be done and in all honesty if this was to be wicked in the usual manner it would be dry hit city without a doubt.

Included nexMESH

nexMESH manufactured by OFRF is the type i use with the profile as it has always given me superior results so i am very pleased this is the included Mesh with the Profile Unity.

My Experience Using The Profile Unity RTA

The flavour from this RDA is in my opinion practically matching the RDA version with the short air pipe and gives a warm incredibly smooth vape. The airflow is a restricted lung hit which i preferred wide open despite liking some restriction but of course it can be restricted further. When the airflow is closed down it does go off centre which doesn't seem to effect it's performance too much but to be honest i think fully open will be how most people will prefer this. I did try the larger glass with adaptor and any difference in flavour was marginal but it was a noticeable cooler vape. As well as the airflow being silky smooth the Unity is extremely quiet which will be a big pro to most. As i said it's quite restricted and although i personally would use with the supplied drip tip it would also be suitable for a 510 with reasonable sized bore so a pity no 510 adaptor was included. Any concerns about the Unity giving dry hits was quickly dismissed as i haven't suffered any, if the wicking is done the way the designers of the RTA tell you it wicks like a dream, i even tried chain vaping at 80w and it wicked just fine. My build came out at 0.12ohms and I settled at 70w although the flavour seems to have quite a wide sweet spot so just down to how warm you prefer your vape. You do need to take your time when doing the wicking so it's not for those who like to do a build and wick in seconds, the results are well worth the time spent.

Looks good (in my opinion)
Overall build quality very good
6 Colour options
Profile deck with ceramic spring loaded seat
Cascade method of juice flow
Airflow silky smooth
Very quiet tank
5ml capacity with supplied adaptor
Supplied mesh bending tool
Mesh and cotton included
Very good flavour
Suffered no dry hits
Suffered no flooding or spitting
Easy to build (but takes time to do wicking)

Cons

Top-cap fitting a little crunchy
To get best flavour only 3.5ml capacity
Wicking takes time and needs doing as instructed
Closing airflow down means it will be off centre
Juice ports quite narrow
No included 510 adaptor

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Profile Unity RTA for the purpose of this review.

Last edited:
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Profile Unity RTA from Wotofo. The Profile Unity RTA was supplied for the purpose of this review by Antonio from Wotofo.

Introduction

The Profile Unity RTA is an RTA version of the very popular Profile RDA and a collaboration between Wotofo, MRJUSTRIGHT1 and TVC. Apart from juice ports added, the deck is identical as on the RDA version but with this being an RTA no BF option. The tank holds 3.5ml of liquid or 5ml with the adaptor and larger glass fitted. It offers adjustable side airflow and a cascade method to get juice from the tank to the wicking channels. The big question is will this wick or be dry hit city? Let's find out!

In The Box

Contents:

1pc Profile Unity RTA
1pc 5ml Glass Tube
1pc 5ml Tube Adaptor
1pc User Manual
1pc Bending Tool
1pc Screw Driver
1bag nexMesh Coil (0.13 ohm)*2
1bag 6mm Agleted Cotton*1
1bag Extra Orings & Screws, Springs

Aesthetics

The Profile Unity RTA came in cardboard packaging with plenty of Wotofo Green on show and see through plastic cover so i could see i had received the Black version. The Profile Unity is also available in Gold, Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow or Gunmetal, all versions come with a 3.5ml glass fitted and Resin 810 up top. The 810 is a wide rimmed Goon fitting and with the Black version i received is Red. Both top and base section as castle design texturing and through the glass both the air pipe and top of the chamber is visible. The section between the base and glass has dual cyclops which line up both sides with a series of 5 airflow holes. On the front of this section we have the Profile logo carved into the metal. The base see's a load of branding in White and the Gold plated 510 protrudes quite a lot. The build quality is good and i think it looks a nice RTA but if using the adaptor and 5ml glass it does become quite tall.

Profile Unity RTA Specs and Features:

Diameter: 25mm
Overall Height: 48.5mm
Threading: 510 thread
E-liquid Capacity: 3.5ml (5ml tube included)
Filling Method: Top filling
Coil Type: Mesh
Airflow Type: Adjustable side airflow
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Colours: Black, Gold, Stainless Steel, Blue, Rainbow, Gunmetal

OFRF nexMESH Specs:

Material: Kanthal A1
Size: 16*6.8mm (also compatible with Profile RDA)
Resistance: 0.13ohm
Recommended Wattage: 60-70W

The Profile Unity RTA Various Parts

We start up top with a Goon fitting 810 Resin drip tip which has a bore to suit the airflow so not the widest, this has allowed for the drip tip to have a thick wall which makes it comfortable between the lips, their is no spare drip tip of 510 adaptor included. The top cap is a very short turn and it's off, Wotofo has it described as a Tongue and Groove fitting but maybe furniture makers might say "not really". It does come off quickly and secures back in position just as quick but seems a bit crunchy and not the smoothest. The next section is the juice port ring with air pipe, the juice ports are long but quite narrow so not really suitable for glass droppers. The air pipe screws on to the top of the chamber and the RTA comes fitted with a 3.5ml glass but if you unscrew the air pipe from the chamber the small included adaptor section can be screwed on allowing the 5ml glass to be used although this does make the air pipe longer so potentially flavour could suffer. The next section comprises of the outer sleeve which is used for airflow control, juice cascade system and chamber. Finally we have the base section including the familiar mesh deck with ceramic plate.

Using Mesh in an RDA (and now RTA) Issue

Mesh is becoming the way to go with stock coils upping the flavour and giving coils more longevity but mesh RDA's have not been met with the same enthusiasm being inconsistent with flavour and renowned for dry hits. Mesh gives great flavour, yes that's just my opinion but it is an opinion shared with countless others but the mesh needs total contact with the wicking material and a combination of the flexible mesh and cotton which expands, then shrinks as it dry's and also can sag and change shape as it's constantly expanding shrinking and sagging means with all the best will in the world trying to keep cotton touching the entire surface area of the mesh is a big problem. It has worked perfectly with stock coils as the cotton is packed between the mesh and the outer shell of the coil head so the cotton always covers the mesh surface area, if only there could be a solution so mesh can be enjoyed in an RDA (and now an RTA), Read on!!!

Spring Loaded Ceramic Seating.

Mr JustRight1 has come up with the perfect solution, between the posts on the Profile RDA and now also the RTA version we have a Spring loaded Ceramic seat directly underneath where the Mesh domes over from post to post. The Ceramic seat pushes the cotton against the mesh and has the cotton expands, then shrinks etc the ceramic constantly pushes the cotton against the mesh with the spring allowing it to lower or raise to achieve this.

The Profile Unity RTA

The Profile Unity is a RTA version of the Profile RDA and uses the same exact deck with added juice ports rather than a wide open well to allow it to wick as a tank version. So with the success of the Profile RDA we know the cotton is going to stay in contact with the Mesh and give great flavour but has the wicking been cracked in an RTA form and if so how has this been achieved?

How The Profile Unity Wicks

The problem with having an RTA version is how does the mass of cotton that's needed with a mesh build constantly get wicked? First the juice gets to the cotton by going down cavities either side between the outer sleeve and chamber and comes out at the bottom into the juice ports for your cotton to soak up. Just above the openings at the bottom of the cavities we also have 2 holes either side allowing some liquid to also hit the side of the cotton on the way down to give it additional help. The idea of how the liquid goes from the upper tank to the wicking channels is very similar to Vaporesso's Cascade idea.

Important It's Wicked Correctly

After explaining how the liquid gets to your cotton is only part of the problem, the other is the amount of cotton needed with mesh which is why to get the Profile Unity wicking correctly you do need to be a bit of an hairdresser. When your cotton is pushed underneath the mesh you need a lot of it as it needs to be a really tight fit against the mesh then you initially cut the ends of the cotton bow tie style. At this stage your cotton ends are far too dense (just too much cotton) for the Unity to wick and stuffing the cotton ends into the juice ports will just choke off the flow of liquid. You need to make a diagonal cut on both ends of the cotton from the bottom to about 2mm before the start of the mesh at the top. This allows just the now thinned ends to be just poked through the juice ports without hitting the bottom of the deck and the cotton towards the top should be enough to push slightly up to the two juicing holes on both sides mentioned before.

The Airflow

Both the airflow and how the juice "Cascades" to be wicked by the cotton all takes place in the section above the deck which comprises of the outer sleeve which has dual cyclops with hard stoppers and the inner chamber that fits over the deck and also has your airflow inlets both sides which consists of 5 holes either side. When the tank is fitted together you do need the base section in the hand and not on your device as you need to push and turn both base and the section above against each other until you feel it slot into place, you then tighten the threading in the usual manner. When the base slots into place both the airflow and juice cavities are lined up on the deck perfectly and when tightening the threading the deck spins freely with the section above to stay lined up. The airflow can be adjusted by just turning the sleeve to have the required amount of holes open, what is adjusted one side will be adjusted the other.

The Deck and Build

The Deck is very simple with a vertical sitting clamp each side for the end of your mesh to slide into. The dual head grub screws are on the sides, so simply loosen the screws, slide your mesh ends evenly in place and tighten the screws it's that easy. The grub screws are combo flathead/phillips which is a plus and to make it even easier you are supplied with a simple tool to bend the mesh around before fitting, it bends the mesh to the perfect shape (the simple ideas are always the best). Before wicking pulse your coils at about 20w (25w max) to get rid of any hot spots and burn off any residue from manufacture. When it comes to wicking it needs to be done as i have already explained, that's not me trying to be a smart arse or thinking i know best as i am just a vaper and go through the same trial and error as any other vaper. It is how those that have designed the RTA say it needs to be done and in all honesty if this was to be wicked in the usual manner it would be dry hit city without a doubt.

Included nexMESH

nexMESH manufactured by OFRF is the type i use with the profile as it has always given me superior results so i am very pleased this is the included Mesh with the Profile Unity.

My Experience Using The Profile RDA

The flavour from this RDA is in my opinion practically matching the RDA version with the short air pipe and gives a warm incredibly smooth vape. The airflow is a restricted lung hit which i preferred wide open despite liking some restriction but of course it can be restricted further. When the airflow is closed down it does go off centre which doesn't seem to effect it's performance too much but to be honest i think fully open will be how most people will prefer this. I did try the larger glass with adaptor and any difference in flavour was marginal but it was a noticeable cooler vape. As well as the airflow being silky smooth the Unity is extremely quiet which will be a big pro to most. As i said it's quite restricted and although i personally would use with the supplied drip tip it would also be suitable for a 510 with reasonable sized bore so a pity no 510 adaptor was included. Any concerns about the Unity giving dry hits was quickly dismissed as i haven't suffered any, if the wicking is done the way the designers of the RTA tell you it wicks like a dream, i even tried chain vaping at 80w and it wicked just fine. My build came out at 0.12ohms and I settled at 70w although the flavour seems to have quite a wide sweet spot so just down to how warm you prefer your vape. You do need to take your time when doing the wicking so it's not for those who like to do a build and wick in seconds, the results are well worth the time spent.

Looks good (in my opinion)
Overall build quality very good
6 Colour options
Profile deck with ceramic spring loaded seat
Cascade method of juice flow
Airflow silky smooth
Very quiet tank
5ml capacity with supplied adaptor
Supplied mesh bending tool
Mesh and cotton included
Very good flavour
Suffered no dry hits
Suffered no flooding or spitting
Easy to build (but takes time to do wicking)

Cons

Top-cap fitting a little crunchy
To get best flavour only 3.5ml capacity
Wicking takes time and needs doing as instructed
Closing airflow down means it will be off centre
Juice ports quite narrow
No included 510 adaptor

I would once again like to thank Antonio from Wotofo for supplying the Profile Unity RTA for the purpose of this review.

Another home run of a review ,you may have a future in this.
This mesh design is intriguing .How's the flavor compared to an established RTA with normal coils like the Zeus? Do you think this will be an up and coming thing?
I think it's Brian from TVC who has the future, i assume he's the brains behind making MRJUSTRIGHT1's deck work in an RTA and after the Topside he obviously can work on theories that work in practice. The flavour with the shorter set-up is as good as the RDA version.

Awesome review @Timwis, very detailed and I for one was wondering how they worked out the airflow and juice ports to allow that huge wad of cotton to stay saturated. Wotofo and MrJustRight1 have this mesh thing figured out.

If I could make one negative comment I would say your photos are to dark and would prefer better lighting to see in more detail what is being reviewed.

I have the Profile RDA and it is truly spectacular with the OFRF NextMesh. I wish the airflow on the RDA was slightly more restrictive like the Recurve RDA but it sounds like they have it covered with the RTA.

I would also recommend the RDA or RTA to anyone wanting a flavourful vape. And agree that these profile tanks are not for the lazy vaper that doesn’t take the time or pay attention when wicking. It’s not hard to wick, once you understand what needs to be done it pretty straight forward.

Awesome review @Timwis, very detailed and I for one was wondering how they worked out the airflow and juice ports to allow that huge wad of cotton to stay saturated. Wotofo and MrJustRight1 have this mesh thing figured out.

If I could make one negative comment I would say your photos are to dark and would prefer better lighting to see in more detail what is being reviewed.

I have the Profile RDA and it is truly spectacular with the OFRF NextMesh. I wish the airflow on the RDA was slightly more restrictive like the Recurve RDA but it sounds like they have it covered with the RTA.

I would also recommend the RDA or RTA to anyone wanting a flavourful vape. And agree that these profile tanks are not for the lazy vaper that doesn’t take the time or pay attention when wicking. It’s not hard to wick, once you understand what needs to be done it pretty straight forward.
It's the Black colour that's the problem it takes some seeing in real life, if i had been sent a lighter colour it would show much better.

It's the Black colour that's the problem it takes some seeing in real life, if i had been sent a lighter colour it would show much better.
Agree about the build and wick, i would say this is easier to build and wick than a single coil atty just takes more time, even the wicking is just two diagonal cuts but some people will try to get it done yesterday and then go on threads and say it isn't wicking.

Great review - thanks for that. you covered all the bases and were technical without being too confusing.

about those photos - a small homemade photobooth (lightbox) is easy to make and can produce really professional shots. I made one for a photography friend, and with an infinite curve backdrop it worked so well that they are using it in their 3D design studio. look up a few design ideas on google/pinterest. the easiest and cheapest I saw was one made out of PVC pipes and bends. should help with lighting and photos immensely.

hope that suggestion helps.

Back