thekeeperza

Reonaut
VIP
Taste Box Boss
LV

Awards
Some thoughts on the following:

Raivapes Launcher V2 Clone
Quality feels good, made from some serious chunk of steel. Easy to assemble and set up in either 18650 or 18350 mode. Used 18350 flat tops and 18650 button tops. The fire button is flush so no accidental fires when you put it down or in your pocket.
It is heavy but feels really good in hand.

Patriot RDA Clone
The one I got has a gold plated cap. I am not to struck by polished or plated finishes but it isn't too bad. Cap has a single airhole which looks like 1mm.
3 post design so dual coils won't be an issue. Posts have tail holes and they are tiny and might be difficult getting 2 pieces of 28g through.
Built a 1ohm single coil and wicked with cotton. Dripped some VM Choc Mint 9mg.
Huge flavour and a touch more throat hit than I am used to. The draw is very tight due to the single, tiny airhole.
I am in 2 minds to open the airhole or add a second of the same size. I will test with again with dual coils and more airflow later.

Omega RDA Clone
The Omega is all stainless, fine ground finish and looks good. Cap has a 3 airholes which looks like 3mm. 2 airholes are opposite and 1 at 90deg. Airflow can be adjusted by rotating the cap.
3 post design so dual coils won't be an issue. Again the posts have tail holes and they are tiny and it is difficult getting 2 pieces of 28g through. The base is also very deep and working inside the 20mm cup is not fun.
Built a 0.75ohm dual coil and wicked with cotton. Dripped some VM4 9mg.
Huge flavour and way more throat hit than I am used to. The draw is very airy using either dual airholes or single. Was able to get an acceptable draw using the single airhole and almost closing it completly.

2014-03-14 18.05.55.jpg
Raivapes in hand 18350 mode.

2014-03-14 18.05.43.jpg
Patriot on Raivapes in 18350 mode.

2014-03-15 07.18.12.jpg
Omega on Raivapes in 18650 mode.

2014-03-14 18.34.43.jpg
Tiny airhole.

2014-03-15 06.58.13.jpg
Deep cup

Wawawewa, those drippers look harcore! Awesome!!! Actually looks awesome on the Launcher as well.

Great information aptly illustrated with good pictures, thank you. Awesome coiling.

Glad the Launcher found a great home!
Some other goodies coming up in the classies guys! Check it!
What do you mean! Thought it was a loan? Won't have any of these private shenanigans - put it up in the classies:D!

What do you mean! Thought it was a loan? Won't have any of these private shenanigans - put it up in the classies:D!
Hehehe. That Launcher looks so awesome with the Omega and Patriot! And I need funding for my Reo Grand.
If @Gizmo goes for my offer or if I need to get one from the states. Grand I will have!!!
I'm actually going to sell all my stuff for the funding!

I agree with @Matthee, that was an excellent original post @thekeeperza !

You explained everything so well and all the bits that people need to know. About airholes, tail holes and how it vaped. Super stuff. Thanks

@thekeeperza

Would appreciate if you can confirm this for me please.

Is it possible to use an 18490/18500 battery in there without having the Raivapes logo ring attached? Asking because if I'm only carrying '350's and 500's I would want to leave the extra ring at home.

Edit: Just remembered that @Matthee's got one too. Thanks in advance :)

@thekeeperza

Would appreciate if you can confirm this for me please.

Is it possible to use an 18490/18500 battery in there without having the Raivapes logo ring attached? Asking because if I'm only carrying '350's and 500's I would want to leave the extra ring at home.

Edit: Just remembered that @Matthee's got one too. Thanks in advance :)
Yes, without the Raivapes logo ring it takes those two sizes perfectly - nice and compact then. Ah, so you are looking at the Reo Mini 2.1 for the 500's:)?

Yes, without the Raivapes logo ring it takes those two sizes perfectly - nice and compact then. Ah, so you are looking at the Reo Mini 2.1 for the 500's:)?

At this stage I think the LP Mini would be first prize yes.

Thanks @Matthee - I don't own any 500 batteries.
Pleasure is all mine. Must say, the more I use the Launcher V2 the more impressed I am. Most convenient of all the tube mechs I have owned, and very solid. When I put it down I know it will stay put, and I cannot say the same of the Magneto in locked mode - you have to make sure it is stable before taking you hand away.

Pleasure is all mine. Must say, the more I use the Launcher V2 the more impressed I am. Most convenient of all the tube mechs I have owned, and very solid. When I put it down I know it will stay put, and I cannot say the same of the Magneto in locked mode - you have to make sure it is stable before taking you hand away.
Totally agree. For the price it has to rate as one of the top mechs - well in my books at least.

Back