Reminder: Clean Your Contacts

ShaneW

Juicy Joes Owner
ECIGSSA Donor
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Just thought I would share this...

I've noticed a bit of a decline in vapour production over the last few days on my panzer mech mod. Didn't think much of it.

I walked past a tin of 'contact cleaner' this morning and thought.. haven't cleaned my mod in a while, let me do it quick. So I cleaned all the contacts, specifically the brass battery connections... WOW what a difference!!! It's chucking vapour better than it ever has.

You could use most solvents to clean the contacts, try avoid things like methylated spirits though as this tends to leave invisible film on the surface. If you have contact cleaner... do it... do it now ;)

Just thought I would share this...

I've noticed a bit of a decline in vapour production over the last few days on my panzer mech mod. Didn't think much of it.

I walked past a tin of 'contact cleaner' this morning and thought.. haven't cleaned my mod in a while, let me do it quick. So I cleaned all the contacts, specifically the brass battery connections... WOW what a difference!!! It's chucking vapour better than it ever has.

You could use most solvents to clean the contacts, try avoid things like methylated spirits though as this tends to leave invisible film on the surface. If you have contact cleaner... do it... do it now ;)
Hi where did you find that contact cleaner?

@ShaneW what to you think about using some Benzine on my contacts?

I found a good and very well priced spray contact cleaner from Builders Warehouse, cost R40.00

Attachments

• IMG_20140701_232930.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 51
When I don't feel like whiping (@devdev will have a field day with this) or scrubbing I drop my copper contacts in viniger. Just normal slap chips viniger. Comes out nice and rose colored. Unfortunatly you need to clean mod contacts at least once a week. Especially if it's copper. Many guys are plating these things with silver now which allows longer periods between cleaning of course as copper tarnishes quickly.

When I don't feel like whiping (@devdev will have a field day with this) or scrubbing I drop my copper contacts in viniger. Just normal slap chips viniger. Comes out nice and rose colored. Unfortunatly you need to clean mod contacts at least once a week. Especially if it's copper. Many guys are plating these things with silver now which allows longer periods between cleaning of course as copper tarnishes quickly.

HAHAHAHAHA

Do you wipe from front to back, or back to front?

@ShaneW what to you think about using some Benzine on my contacts?

I don't know much about Benzene but if I remember correctly is quite oily. I would avoid oily solvents as they attract dust and grime.

I also have 95% alcohol, going to use that as im sure thats whats in contact cleaner :D

Yip that should work perfectly. Just don't add it to the tank instead ;)

Just another reminder to keep mods clean. I noticed some dirt in my svd and nemmi threads and realized I haven't cleaned them in 2 or 3 weeks. So I got my tin of contact cleaner out and went crazy. The difference is amazing the nemmi his harder than I remember and I turned the svd down from 12 to 10w. I will make a point of doing this once a week now.

Thanks for the reminder ;) time to do mine aswell!

Just another reminder to keep mods clean. I noticed some dirt in my svd and nemmi threads and realized I haven't cleaned them in 2 or 3 weeks. So I got my tin of contact cleaner out and went crazy. The difference is amazing the nemmi his harder than I remember and I turned the svd down from 12 to 10w. I will make a point of doing this once a week now.

Thanks, its time to clean mine aswell

Back