Rincoe JellyBox Mini 80W TC Box MOD - Review

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the JellyBox Mini 80W TC Box MOD from Rincoe. The Rincoe JellyBox Mini Box MOD was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ella from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/rincoe-jellyb...x-mod.html

Introduction

Rincoe introduced themselves in style about 3 years ago with one of the best dual 18650 mods of that year (not bad for a debut) and since have mainly released well received products with a couple of mediocre items thrown in but are now deservedly a vaping manufacturer mainstay!

They have released 2 versions of the JellyBox one a dual 21700 device and the one i have for this review the JellyBox Mini which is the single 21700 version, both are available as just mods or in kit form paired with, yes you've guessed it the "JellyTank"!

The JellyBox Mini has a main PC body with Zinc Alloy top and base sections and has a very popular transparent look! Featuring a top wattage of 80w, full TC suite and both customisable display and LED's is the JellyBox Mini a winner or is it a "wobble"!

In The Box

Contents:

1 x Jellybox Mini 80W Mod
1 x 18650 Adaptor
1 x Type-C Charging Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Certificate Card
1 x Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The JellyBox Mini came in quite simple cardboard packaging and on opening i immediately loved the look of this device. The JellyBox Mini is essentially a Poly Carbonate constructed device with metal sections at the base and top which sweeps down the face which is where more support is needed but this makes it a budget price and in my opinion this must be both the best looking and solid feeling plastic device i have used with only the Drone coming close!

The device is available in 3 transparent colours, i received the Amber Clear, the options are Amber Clear, Black Clear or Full Clear. The top three quarters of the face is Zinc Alloy and houses both the colour screen and above the rectangular fire button on that ergonomically friendly slant, below the screen within the Poly Carbonate main body we have side by side round protruding Zinc Alloy navigational buttons. The Zinc Alloy then covers the top of the device with an oval raised platform to the rear which houses the 510 plate with Gold plated, spring loaded 510.

The base is also Zinc alloy and we have a spring loaded latch door with chevron grooves and printed safety marks. The spine is nicely curved which along with the already mentioned slanted fire button makes this a very comfortable device to use. On one side we have the Rincoe logo badge which i personally like and on the other side low down and towards the front the Type C USB port.

JellyBox Mini Specs and Features:

Size: 95 x 44.3 x 28mm
Power range: 1-80W
Input voltage: 3.0-4.2V
Tc mode supports: Ni200/Ti/SS
Resistance range of atomizers:
VW mode: 0.08-5.0ohm
TC(NI/TI/SS): 0.05-3.5ohm
Temperature Control Range:200-600°F(100-315°C)
Material: Zinc alloy& PC
PCB Efficiency: 95%
Type-C charging: 5V/2A
Battery using: 1 x 21700/18650 cell(battery not included)
Max output current : 30A
Max output voltage : 4.2V
Transparent PC cover with zinc alloy frame
6 Colour LED light for visual effect
Innovative RINCOE chip for stable performance
0.96-inch colour display
Multiple protections for the device
Colours: Amber Clear, Black Clear, Full Clear

Liked the device that much i had already bought the other two colour options before writing this review!!!!!!

Fitting The Battery

The JellyBox Mini can accommodate either a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with the included clear adaptor. The battery gets fitted via the bottom latched spring loaded door which without a battery installed is quite jangly and once opened is very loose giving it loads of play! The negative orientation is marked in Bright White on the underside of the door and with a battery fitted we now have no play whatsoever and no battery rattle.

because i don't do reviews for Rincoe i initially didn't think i would be reviewing any of the JellyBoxes so did watch Todds review so was expecting the battery door to have movement and not close tight. I can only guess Rincoe improved the door before retail release has all 4 of my retail versions (i also have the dual battery version) are all spot on, no issues!

The Display

The JellyBox Mini has a full colour display which can be customised to be one of 6 colours, it's both bright and sharp. Top left in a vertical position we have a battery status bar and top right the mode. Below in large font we have either the wattage or temperature depending which mode you are in and below in a s rectangular box vape duration. Next we have the resistance and then underneath the Voltage which will display watts instead when in temperature control. Finally at the bottom of the display we have a row of 6 different colour squares which is for choosing the colour of the display.

Operating The Device

The JellyBox Mini is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and five clicks to turn off and once on up and down together locks those buttons but the device will still fire. We have more combination key press features but it's to do with the LED's and display colour customisation which i will cover in the next section.

To change modes is 3 quick presses of the fire button which now will cause the mode to blink and using the navigational buttons you can scroll through the options which are Variable Wattage, TC-Ni, TC-Ti and TC-SS, fire is select. If choosing a temperature control wire it will ask if its a new or old coil and lock in the resistance, also when on a temp control working screen pressing down and fire together allows you to set wattage for temp control from 10 to 80w.

In variable wattage mode you can alter wattage in 1w increments from 1w to 80w, it round robins. A very easy to use device but we don't have extra settings, curves or variable voltage modes.

The LED's and Customisation Of Display

The device has 6 LED's, 3 down the centre of the PCB and 3 opposite on the ouside of the inner section of the battery tube. With the device being transparent the LED's light up not just the device but also the PCB which i do like, for those who are not in the LED fan club, simple just turn them off.

Down and fire together from the Variable Wattage working screen switches the LED's on or off. We can also customise the colour of the display by pressing up and fire together which will make an outer box surround your current colour setting on the row of six colour squares at the bottom of the display. Now just use the navigational buttons to move the surround box between the colour squares and when it is surrounding the colour you want then fire is select. The colour options are White, Red, Cyan, Green, Yellow and Purple.

The LED's when on give a slow pulse effect when firing and will only be the colour you have chosen for the display as the colour of the LED's can not be chosen independently.

There are those that comment LED's waste battery life but do they really make any noticeable difference?

PSV Eindhoven got rid of their traditional corner floodlights to replace them with literally 100's of thousands of LED lighting which doesn't just light the pitch for the football but also allows for amazing light shows at the start and end of games yet the costly system to install was paid for in less than 3 seasons due to a 33% energy cost reduction so the moral is just 6 LED's don't even tickle a 21700 or 18650 battery, you are looking at a handful of puffs less with a full battery cycle.

Protections:

Over Heating Protection
Reverse Polarity Protection
Short Circuit Protection
10 Seconds Cut-off
Low Voltage Protection

Charging

The JellyBox Mini has Type C USB and a 2A charge rate so if you need to charge in the device both are big pros, while charging all that's displayed is a battery charging progress bar but it does support pass-through!

My Thoughts!

Single 21700 devices are my thing with the Odin Mini being my favourite device but before this arrived i wasn't too sure with it being mainly a plastic device but as i bought the other two colour options before even writing this review i think that tells you how much i like this device. Plastic devices can be made well and that's certainly the case here and the transparent look of the devices will appeal to many. being able to accommodate a 21700 will also appeal and if you need to charge in the device we have Type C and a 2A charge rate.

I did think i would have a major con as the specs on vendor sites and even Rincoe's site says maximum Voltage output 4.2V which basically gives the impression this doesn't have voltage boost so essentially will only give the wattage you set while the voltage on the battery allows before then being underpowered. I had a MTL RTA with a 1.49ohm coil which is due to be replaced so just cranked the wattage up to 80w which would be 10v and can confirm the maximum Voltage output is 8V so the 4.2v is an error and we do have voltage boost!

I really don't mind the LED's more so the effect of the PCB lighting up than the lights themselves but i found they looked best when set to White but prefer a more colourful display and the LED's will only light the colour you have the display so a con that they can't be set independently, in my view the LED's themselves can't be a con because down and fire equals LED's off, so a non issue!

I love the ergonomic feel of the device and it can fit up to 25mm atomizers which is fine for an 80w device, it fires fast enough and performed like a trooper. The buttons are very clicky especially the fire button which i like but am going to put as a subjective con because my wife who is a vaper actually mentions how loud the click is when i use it which in turn brought my attention to it and yes it does give a very loud click. I would prefer more features like Variable Voltage and Curves and when no battery is installed i wish the battery door was not so loose but for it's price point it's a cracking device!

Stunning looking for a plastic device (subjective)
Very well made
Feels Solid
Very ergonomic
Love the slanted fire button (just has a very loud click)
Battery door solid with no movement (with battery installed)
21700, 20700 or 18650 (with supplied adaptor)
Fires without noticeable delay
Performed like a trooper
Variable Wattage and TC modes
LED's light up PCB (if you don't like, turn off)
Display colour customisable
Accommodates up to 25mm atomizers with no overhang
Type C USB
2A charge rate
Supports pass-through
Budget price

Cons

Battery door very loose when open and with no battery (fine with battery installed)
Wish it had a few more features
LED colour can't be set independent of display colour
Very clicky fire button is very loud

I would once again like to thank Ella from Sourcemore for supplying the Rincoe JellyBox Mini 80W TC Box MOD for the purpose of this review, thanks for reading and stay safe!

https://www.sourcemore.com/rincoe-jellyb...x-mod.html

$25.89 Rincoe Jellybox Mini 80W Mod
Code: JM80M

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sourcemore or benefit in any way from the use of the above code but was asked if i would include it in my content!

Great review @Timwis. It’s a stunning looking device indeed. And now my attention is all on the loud fire button click :confused:
I was struggling for cons mate, it's very clicky and it does like a double click the first click when pressing and then again when releasing (that's what irritates the wife), i didn't really notice it until my wife started mentioning how loud it was!

Great review as always.

I agree with what you say about the LEDs not wasting much battery power.

Apparently a string of "... 70... 5mm Wide Angle LEDs is approximately 4.8 watts total". If you do the maths the Jellybox's LEDs will use less than 0.5W. This is a rough calculation as it omits several factors but I think that it illustrates the point.

I don't think that the Jellybox has received a bad review anywhere (apart from Haze who thinks that it is a copy of a Vicious Ant mod...:facepalm:).

I would get one but I have way too many mods at the moment and after all, they all do exactly the same thing.

Great review as always.

Apparently a string of "... 70... 5mm Wide Angle LEDs is approximately 4.8 watts total". If you do the maths the Jellybox's LEDs will use less than 0.5W. This is a rough calculation as it omits several factors but I think that it illustrates the point.

I don't think that the Jellybox has received a bad review anywhere (apart from Haze who thinks that it is a copy of a Vicious Ant mod...:facepalm:).

I would get one but I have way too many mods at the moment and after all, they all do exactly the same thing.
They don’t all do the same thing!!! Is that what you tell your wife :facepalm: ?

They don’t all do the same thing!!! Is that what you tell your wife :facepalm: ?

Good point. I appreciate the joke.

I guess that I am fortunate that my wife appreciates the fact that I gave up smoking six years ago. She, therefore, encourages my vaping hobby. I suspect that she believes that if I hadn't turned vaping into a hobby I might have gone back to smoking (I have a sneaking suspicion that she may be right...but don't tell her that). This is one of the reasons why I have too many mods.

I only vape in wattage mode. To me, for example, all dual battery mods give me a similar experience. If one is slightly inaccurate and produces less power at a given wattage I just bump up the wattage until I get a similar vape experience. I place little to no value on aesthetics. If a butt ugly RBA gives me better flavour and overall performance I will go for it over a " better looking" RBA. In an ideal world, we could have both but I will always choose function over form. I will admit that I prefer some mods over others but I am afraid that my reasons for it aren't even obvious or defensible to me let alone anyone else.

Vaping is really a weird replacement for smoking when it reaches the hobby level. Imagine how boring a smoking forum would be :).

Great review as always.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Lol, wouldn't really be interested what Jai Haze said about anything, out the box reviewer (so by definition not a reviewer) with preconceived opinions usually based on how the video can be more about him. lol apologies for the mini rant!

Vaping is really a weird replacement for smoking when it reaches the hobby level. Imagine how boring a smoking forum would be :)

Lol, imagine cigarette reviews, Jai Haze no doubt would be there cutting in half every cigarette without taking a drag unless it came from a particular tobacco producer!

Last edited:
Great informative review bro. Love this looks great and sounds like a good piece of kit. When the wife moans about the clicking, tell her to turn the telly up lol. Buying the other colours what are you like. My missus would go ape.

Are you two Wis'ses related @Ashwis and @Timwis ?:D
It's my brother mate, at least i believe it is as he asked me to send a link whenever i post a review and i get the exact same message on Facebook messenger as on here so if it's not kind of spooky!

Back