Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
OK first things first... I just dive in and when things don't work so well I go research and read. Vaping should be easy... that's why I'm playing with TC because Replay is a coming and I want to be ready! I'm using the Lost Vapes Mirage DNA75C with the Dvarw on top!

So I got some stainless steel Framed Staple Aliens (2.5mm 32G) from @smilelykumeenit for my testing... My resistance is 0.27Ω

Smile.JPG

So I chose the wrong material at first and that wasn't too kewl... then I selected SS and life improved dramatically!

I started down at 200 degrees F and slowly moved up and am at 310F and 50 watts. Preheat option is 330F and 60 watts.

OK now we are getting somewhere... but I'm not sure if the flavour is as good as in Power mode at 28 watts.

TC 002.JPG TC 003.JPG TC 004.JPG TC 006.JPG

Let's see how we go.

Off to read all the TC info now.

OK first things first... I just dive in and when things don't work so well I go research and read. Vaping should be easy... that's why I'm playing with TC because Replay is a coming and I want to be ready! I'm using the Lost Vapes Mirage DNA75C with the Dvarw on top!

So I got some stainless steel Framed Staple Aliens (2.5mm 32G) from @smilelykumeenit for my testing... My resistance is 0.27Ω

View attachment 124960

So I chose the wrong material at first and that wasn't too kewl... then I selected SS and life improved dramatically!

I started down at 200 degrees F and slowly moved up and am at 310F and 50 watts. Preheat option is 330F and 60 watts.

OK now we are getting somewhere... but I'm not sure if the flavour is as good as in Power mode at 28 watts.

View attachment 124962 View attachment 124963 View attachment 124964 View attachment 124965

Let's see how we go.

Off to read all the TC info now.
Think that is waaaaaay to hot. What is that in degrees Celsius ?
Regards

Temp Control is great in theory but I'm not sold on it in practice... I have got it to where I think is right and then I switch to power mode and it's considerably better... roll on Replay!

This is great to see @Rob Fisher
Now you got me wanting to try out temp control ;-)

I've tried it once or twice before but never continued with it.

Watching with interest

This is great to see @Rob Fisher
Now you got me wanting to try out temp control ;-)

I've tried it once or twice before but never continued with it.

Watching with interest

Hi Ho @Silver I would suggest you wait fro replay on the DNA250C or DNA75C... I think TC currently doesn't work very well.

Hi Ho @Silver I would suggest you wait fro replay on the DNA250C or DNA75C... I think TC currently doesn't work very well.

Thanks @Rob Fisher
Need to first get a DNA250C or DNA75C ;-)
Oh this rabbit hole is just lovely - but so deep man!

hehe

Thanks @Rob Fisher
Need to first get a DNA250C or DNA75C ;-)
Oh this rabbit hole is just lovely - but so deep man!

hehe

Shout if you want me to grab you a Lost Vape Mirage Hi Ho @Silver. It seems none of the vendors are bringing them in thinking it won't sell and I just don't get it... so I order from VaporDNA and they land at just under R1,900. I have another 2 arriving tomorrow probably.

OK I was about to give up on TC and @SAVapeGear came to the rescue and told me the settings to use! Now we are cooking peeps! :h:

31 watts, 0.27Ω, 220C, 316 SS, 3.09v and no preheat!

Much much much better and as good as the power mode! Chicken Dinner!

That's brilliant @Rob Fisher

Can you tell any difference in the vape while you are pressing the fire button?
Is it more steady?

Ok so for interest sake. Going through all the TC hassles, getting temp and ramp up time right, the correct material, etc. Is it really worth it vs normal power mode? Not trying to be funny or anything as myself have never played with TC, just interested

Those settings are great. I've had far better experiences with spaced coils, especially with stainless. Give it a try.

Ok so for interest sake. Going through all the TC hassles, getting temp and ramp up time right, the correct material, etc. Is it really worth it vs normal power mode? Not trying to be funny or anything as myself have never played with TC, just interested
There are many benefits to tc if you get it right. For 1 you have a very consistent cape throughout as the wattage increases and decreases to get to the temp setting you've selected, less chance of a dry hit, saves on juice and battery as the power could be much lower to maintain a temperature if the coil is already warm

Yeah thats one of the main reasons why i dont do TC or vape above 35w. Yes studies are still at infancy stage, but im sure as hell not going to take a chance

What do you mean? The whole argument is for TC.

That's brilliant @Rob Fisher

Can you tell any difference in the vape while you are pressing the fire button?
Is it more steady?

Yes it is... whether it's better than power mode I'm not sure yet... but the vapes are very very similar now which I'm very happy about and now I don't have to keep an eye on the juice levels... more as I discover the wonders of the DNA chip-set! :)

Back