Show us your Drip Tips

One thing that has always boggled me is how much we spend on kit and then we stick a cheap kak drip tip on the setup... and this is the one part that goes in the mouth! I just love my drip tips...
DripTipsRob01.jpg DripTipsRob02.jpg DripTipsRob03.jpg DripTipsRob04.jpg DripTipsRob05.jpg DripTipsRob06.jpg DripTipsRob07.jpg DripTipsRob08.jpg DripTipsRob09.jpg DripTipsRob10.jpg

Such nice driptips @Rob Fisher

I have generally used the tips that come with the tanks because mostly, they are designed to work the way the designers intended. But there are one or two special devices where I have tried other tips and gone for something that works best for me.

Will take some photos to explain further in a follow up post.

Here are the tips that were just perfect as they came with the device:

Lemo1 - long and thin original tip
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460274699.859526.jpg
Fits perfectly. Doesn't get hot (well not really a problem for low power anyway) but I LOVE this drip tip. It certainly helps the flavour sharpness because trying a conventional thicker stubbier tip is not as nice for me. Full marks.

The humble yet mighty Evod1 with it's built in tip:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460274936.496105.jpg
I just love it. Works so well. Am convinced the concave shape does something to the flavour. I like the feeling of the end of the tip on my lips.

Subtank Mini:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460275082.458340.jpg
It's very good. Not too wide and does a good job. Perhaps not perfect because it could fit a bit tighter. Doesn't wobble badly but comes out quite easily. I need to still put a cotton thread inside the o ring.

Here are the devices whose 'standard drip tips' I was not so happy with :

OBS Crius
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460275285.760266.jpg
It wobbles a bit and the tip is too wide for me. Yeah the see through is nice but it just feels too wide. I much prefer the thinner subtank mini drip tip on here. Gives me a better vape.

RM2
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460275427.937822.jpg
Have spent some time figuring out the perfect drip tip for me because this is a special device that serves me a lot and produces special flavour. The 'standard' tip from Reosmods is too long for me. But has the same shape as the one in the photo. The ones I found are a few mm shorter. So the REO fits standing upright in my man bag. This shape works perfectly for flavour and while it may not look the best it has delivered over the years.

Finally, there are some atties that didn't come with drip tips. One has to find a driptip that suits.

Here is the mighty Nuppin with an Odin drip trip
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460275676.558917.jpg
I have found this tip works the best for me on the Nuppin. It has enough air and I like the shape. I mainly do medium restricted lung hits on the Nuppin. Nothing too wild. The tip can get a bit warm. But only if chaining. It fits perfectly.

I do agree that we tend to spend more time and money considering devices with too little attention given to the drip tip. The right tip can make the difference between a good and a great vape in my opinion.

Last edited:
Have to agree with @Rob Fisher on this one, there is a serious lack of good drip tips available! Considering how much they can change an entire vape experience, there should be a much wider range of these to choose from!

RM2
imageuploadedbytapatalk1460275427-937822-jpg.50718

Have spent some time figuring out the perfect drip tip for me because this is a special device that serves me a lot and produces special flavour. The 'standard' tip from Reosmods is too long for me. But has the same shape as the one in the photo. The ones I found are a few mm shorter. So the REO fits standing upright in my man bag. This shape works perfectly for flavour and while it may not look the best it has delivered over the years.
@Silver you might want to try this tip on your RM2 from @hands, really comfortable and great vape
20160411_073129.jpg

And the tip on my Subtank Mini
Also by @hands
20160411_074436.jpg

Does Hands custom make these, or does he have standard models ?

He is busy building stock and will be a forum supporting vendor soon... then he will put pics up of the drip tips and you will be able to choose.

I would kill to get my @hands on one of those beautiful drip tips @Rob Fisher uses.
The fat drip tip on the Avocado is the bees knees!

Hey @Silver, you may want to rephrase this observation: "I like the feeling of the end of the tip on my lips"...

Agree with @Silver on the Crius Drip tip. I don't like the fact that it seems to get crusty after 5 minutes of use, and requires constant cleaning. My subtank tip gets put on whatever it is I'm using at that point in time, to me it seems the most flavourful.

I dislike the words 'drip tip' intensely, I much prefer the words 'mouth piece'.
:)
Dave

@hands I hope you will call yours 'mouth pieces' it matches their classiness, sophistication and distinction.
:)
Dave

It hasn't arrived yet but this has to be the first custom made Drip Tip in SA with REAL GOLD in it... it has a real gold ring built in to give it some of that real class! I have a feeling this may end up being my favourite drip tip! ;)
HandGold.JPG

I strictly only use 4 drip tips! Haven't found any other tip that I really enjoy... my wood drip tip, my stone drip tip, my nautilus drip tip and my smok green nautilus style DRIP Tip.

I had a RIP trippers replica drip tip... cost me R120 ... I broke it :(

Attachments

• 14605738516912069956965.jpg
    14605738516912069956965.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 63
@Rob Fisher , that goldie looks amazing!

It does remind me of a skittle in tenpin bowling that has been knocked over ;-)
Strike!

For me it's pretty simple - I love Delrin.

I've tried Acrylic, Steel, wood... And for a cool temp vape, Delrin rocks
Yeah bro I agree with you that's all I use.

This is the only tip I ever used and totally love. I want @hands to make me some of this tips that I can use on other attys.

Moonshot stock drip tips just rocks.

2b6452ebbf81bba7a0b416836be698e2.jpg

Back