Sign the petition - allow vape sales during lockdown

Vaperite South Africa

Because Quality is Everything
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Guys and gals, for the sake of all of us in this industry, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers, please click on the link below and sign the petition. Tell everyone you know who vapes to sign it. Let's see if we can get 100,000 submissions!!

@Silver , any chance you can pin this post at the top of the "Vape Discussions" posts as that is the default when opening Ecigssa?

http://chng.it/2nVPC245jp

Last edited:
I posted the link as well, earlier in Lockdown diaries wasn't sure we're to post it.

Guys and gals, for the sake of all of us in this industry, retailers, manufacturers, and consumers, please click on the link below and sign the petition. Tell everyone you know who vapes to sign it. Let's see if we can get 100,000 submissions!!

@Silver , any chance you can pin this post at the top of the "Vape Discussions" posts as that is the default when opening Ecigssa?

Hi @Vaperite South Africa

Perhaps I am just reading it wrong, but should "For this reason, I would urge the government to take the necessary, but likely unpopular, decision not to include vape products as an essential product in the country during the lockdown." not rather be "For this reason, I would urge the government to take the necessary, but likely unpopular, decision to include vape products as an essential product in the country during the lockdown." (in other words, should the "not" before "to include vape products" not be omitted?)

I did try to read the sentence in context of your (or of Kurt Yeo's) entire argument. As (what seems to be) the primary plea, it seems to be contrary to what you aim to achieve with this petition? (I am not being 'technical' for the sake of it. I think that it is quite likely that if that is indeed an unintended phrasing mistake, it could compromise the possible potential success of this initiative)

Last edited:
Don't want to sound negative, but why is my email required? In two months from now I get marketing mails which I did not sign up for.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Not an Essential product or service, so no thank you. When booze and cigs are unrestricted you guys can lobby then

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Hi @Vaperite South Africa

Perhaps I am just reading it wrong, but should "For this reason, I would urge the government to take the necessary, but likely unpopular, decision not to include vape products as an essential product in the country during the lockdown." not rather be "For this reason, I would urge the government to take the necessary, but likely unpopular, decision to include vape products as an essential product in the country during the lockdown." (in other words, should the "not" before "to include vape products" not be omitted?)

I did try to read the sentence in context of your (or of Kurt Yeo's) entire argument. As (what seems to be) the primary plea, it seems to be contrary to what you aim to achieve with this petition? (I am not being 'technical' for the sake of it. I think that it is quite likely that if that is indeed an unintended phrasing mistake, it could compromise the possible potential success of this initiative)

I will contact Kurt to get it corrected. I’m just a messenger

I will contact Kurt to get it corrected. I’m just a messenger
Thank you very much!. After I posted the comment here, I saw the petition shared on a large FB vaping group where he is a member as well.

I posted the same comment addressed directly to him (and I tagged the admin who posted it) there, but for some reason my comment was deleted. I reposted it (with a separating comment expressing my confusion as to why my comment was deleted, and my hope that it can be relayed to him) this morning. I actually do think that in the specific context such a phrasing mistake (if it is one) could make a difference.

Don't want to sound negative, but why is my email required? In two months from now I get marketing mails which I did not sign up for.

@Wimmas I've also had that from change.org and for that reason I don't usually sign petitions on their platform. However, after a number of unsubscribe clicks from me, if finally worked!

Not an Essential product or service, so no thank you. When booze and cigs are unrestricted you guys can lobby then

But meanwhile you can be sure that people are already lobbying for the lifting of booze and cigs bans, and probably have been doing so right from the beginning. If we wait until booze and cigs bans are lifted before we start lobbying for vapes, we'll have smokers merrily buying their stinkies while we sit in a vapeless desert.

But meanwhile you can be sure that people are already lobbying for the lifting of booze and cigs bans, and probably have been doing so right from the beginning. If we wait until booze and cigs bans are lifted before we start lobbying for vapes, we'll have smokers merrily buying their stinkies while we sit in a vapeless desert.
So what?

Have moved it @Vaperite South Africa
Hope this can help to get the word out

PS - We can’t pin it to the top of the tab on the homepage since that function doesn’t exist
We will have to just keep bumping the thread to keep it at or near the top
Have pinned it to the top of the Vaping Legislation subforum though

Last edited:
If someone can send me a static JPG or PNG image that is 340 pixels wide by 116 pixels high, I can put it in the same position as the COVID19 banner at the top right.

This is a special position on our forum that appears on every page in the top right
It should be something very simple that is clear and has a call to action to sign the petition.

Hopefully this can help

Tagging @Vaperite South Africa , @Rob Fisher (Rob, maybe you can ask Kurt) , @MrGSmokeFree

55F6D105-B3B9-4171-A936-4FE1FDE710AD.jpeg

Thanks @Rob Fisher
You guys are on the ball
Within minutes I get a WhatsApp from Rob with the image

2E680959-60B8-4F81-BD2D-F8BAD1F8F2D8.jpeg

Have loaded it in the top right position to alternate with the COVID image. Dimensions were perfect, thanks.
Have linked it through to the petition page on the change.org site

It’s okay for now, but @Rob Fisher , maybe you can ask the chaps to design an image that explains to people that they should sign the petition to allow vaping sales during lockdown. Something simple that stands out. Even if it’s just black text on a yellow background. I.e. a call to action.

The current image is cool but “vaping saved my life” doesn’t really explain why a person should click on it.

Will leave the current one up for now pending a new one potentially being designed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updated image @Rob Fisher

I just added SIGN THE PETITION to the top with my limited graphic skills ;-)

2A5133CF-BA3F-475F-AF75-9C50EE60EF9F.jpeg

If someone designs us a prettier image (340 by 116 px) then we can change it

But hopefully this will help for now

Done and Done, it’s a small thing on my part but I hope it has lasting affect for all.

Ok, a big thanks to @Rob Fisher for sending me an updated logo done by Kurt
Thanks Kurt!
All good and perfect sizing

Have uploaded it and it’s all working, linking through to the petition
Thanks to all involved in this initiative
:campeon:

C9B48D82-8A72-4514-933F-1BC3AF8BEFAF.jpeg

Hi All ..... This petition wont do anything unless Tabacco/Stinkies sales are allowed as well thats just my opinion.

Can someone direct me to the petition for the domestics, gardeners, painters, waiters etc etc that cant work and have no food for them and their kids? Sure you all have signed those also.

Can someone direct me to the petition for the domestics, gardeners, painters, waiters etc etc that cant work and have no food for them and their kids? Sure you all have signed those also.

Hi All ..... This petition wont do anything unless Tabacco/Stinkies sales are allowed as well thats just my opinion.

Exactly. This petition is stupid and shortsighted

I think that’s a given. I believe (hope!) that government will relax tobacco sale conditions soon and that by submitting this petition, vaping products will be included in the amendment.

Haven't laughed as hard as I have at some of the Reasons people supplied on the petition o_O. I will unfortunately not sign the petition, while I understand the frustration of my fellow Vapers. Allowing vaping products a free pass will only pave the way for smoking products, and that is very counter productive.

Haven't laughed as hard as I have at some of the Reasons people supplied on the petition o_O. I will unfortunately not sign the petition, while I understand the frustration of my fellow Vapers. Allowing vaping products a free pass will only pave the way for smoking products, and that is very counter productive.
I hear you. But black market cigarettes are fairly easy to obtain (even housewives on my local WhatsApp group have sourced cartons!). I don’t want to see vapers relapsing back to these illegal cigarettes due to lack of Vape product.

Back