Silver versus Black - what do you prefer?

What colour do you prefer for your atties?

• Silver

Votes: 53 51.0%
  • Black

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • Depends on the atty

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • No preference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
What colour atty do you prefer?

Silver or Black?

Why?

Is it just aesthetics?
matchy matchy with your mod or
is there another reason?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Voted for silver too

I had one or two black atties a while back that started chipping and peeling
Ever since then I only go for silver

Exception was the lovely blue on the Petri V2 RDA, which has actually held up perfectly. Still looks super.

Maybe the newer atties like the Goon and other RDAs have a much better black finish that wont look ugly after a while. I dont know.

I will admit that black is more stealthy though...

I always prefer an uncoated atty if possible. Plain stainless steel seems to be the most durable and hygienic. Although I do prefer black delrin drip tips to stainless steel, even on SS atties.

I own a crown v1 in black that looks like the day I bought it.

I buy black to match mods but silver is the preferred colour as it's harder to chip etc.

Depends on the mod I intend using them on. Silver on the silver and grey Therion and black on the silver and black Skar. Prefer silver in general for the lack of possible peeling but seems the finishes of late are rather durable. Must add, have not bought a Kangetertech product in a while.

Regards

I own a crown v1 in black that looks like the day I bought it.

I buy black to match mods but silver is the preferred colour as it's harder to chip etc.

Wow, @Christos - they must have used a good finish on that black Crown V1

Matchy-matchy is the thing that concerns me least. I gave up all pretence at aesthetics the day that I hung large furry dice from my rear view mirror. I figure that in first impressions, as in everything else, it's better to under-promise and over-deliver. Except I usually under-deliver, even on that. 8--)

Wow, @Christos - they must have used a good finish on that black Crown V1
The white spots you see are due to the flash and the kitchen towel used to wipe as it's just been untrasoniced.
2017-06-25 19.47.54.jpg
I have a lemo 1 in black somwhere :D
Unfortunately thE wear and tear took hold. Still a solid black finish but exsessive use starts to wear the finish.

The white spots you see are due to the flash and the kitchen towel used to wipe as it's just been untrasoniced.
View attachment 99315
I have a lemo 1 in black somwhere :D
Unfortunately thE wear and tear took hold. Still a solid black finish but exsessive use starts to wear the finish.

Solid chunk of metal there @Christos !

Silver (uncoated SS) will always be timeless and always look good but, it's boring. I have a few SS daily drivers but I do enjoy a combo with a bit of flair. Matchy matchy for the win :D

The Subtank mini was renowned for shedding its paint but if you're someone who looks after his stuff...

IMG_2050.JPG

I used to always go for SS but lately it seems as if the black finishes on certain atty's are better than they used to be. I went for the Engine Nano in black and the finish is brilliant, not showing any chipping or peeling plus it looks so matchy matchy on the black Minikin.

I used to always go for SS but lately it seems as if the black finishes on certain atty's are better than they used to be. I went for the Engine Nano in black and the finish is brilliant, not showing any chipping or peeling plus it looks so matchy matchy on the black Minikin.
The anodised finishes seem to last forever, like @Christos has said with his Crown I have a bunch of high milage black Billow v2s that still look perfect. The painted attys need a bit more care.

A leaky black SM25 and paint peeling off a black subtank killed black anything for me forever!

Hmmm... @JB1987 , i too have a black minikin v1.5,

me thinks i need a matchy matchy black topper with good quality finish...

Black panther needs to be put together...

IMG-20170624-WA0002.jpeg

Love a blacked out setup. But yes chips and scratches can be a pain

What colour atty do you prefer?

Silver or Black?

Why?

Is it just aesthetics?
matchy matchy with your mod or
is there another reason?

View attachment 99314
View attachment 99313
I have heard some vapers claim for some reason they had problems with black tanks that didn't occur with silver ones.I don't know if it is true but I buy the silver ones if I have a choice.

Depends on the atty, where it will be used... but I prefer black over SS that IMO aesthetically goes better with most of my gear than SS does.

I have never dropped my gear, never scratched it against something that might mar it and only rarely bump and knock over a mod when standing on my desk. So I have had no issues at all with chipping or peeling of finishes on any of my gear. Nor do I buy into the theory that coated atty's are more prone to leaking than non coated (ie, with most of the atty's bought since I came to this forum I bought both lack and SS versions... and with those that are constant leak atty's is it both the black and SS versions that leak).

FWIW 2 of my friends had black Melo III Minis (2ml) which both leaked quite badly. My own and another friends silver Melo IIIs (4ml) didn't have the same issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back