• Smok Alien 220W

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

Kalashnikov

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Everyone.

Am looking to upgrade between these 2 devices. Can anyone tell me which would be best and their experiences with them.

Help me decide :)

Love my Minikin V2, great battery life, comfortable in hand. But it is certainly not pocket friendly. The finish is great (black rubber) a month old and it still looks brand new. Only use it in power mode max 40w so I think the mod is a bit overkill for what i use it for.

Personally a SMOK fan, I would take my Alien any day purely cause its really tiny. One big con and why i dont use it out of the house is the screen scratches really easy once the plastic came off there was a scratch instantly(magic dont ask). Minikin is amazing I had the v1 and loved it so cant fault the v2 they can only get better.

Love my Minikin V2, great battery life, comfortable in hand. But it is certainly not pocket friendly. The finish is great (black rubber) a month old and it still looks brand new. Only use it in power mode max 40w so I think the mod is a bit overkill for what i use it for.
How un pocket friendly is it? i know its thicker but is it that bad in like jeans?

I own a Alien and am very happy. Based on reviews you cannot go wrong on either mechanically wise so it's a matter of aesthetics. I like the look more of the Alien but the Minikin should be more comfortable in the hand.
Alien has a great battery life but feels heavier than it looks.
Both fit a 24mm with no problem.
You should decide what's you think is better for yourself m8. Both are quality products.

I have only 2.5 criteria for a mod, it should properly do the job it was designed for and be comfortable in the hand, with a slight weighting towards aesthetics, hence the .5.
My Alien ticks all these boxes.

I own a Alien and am very happy. Based on reviews you cannot go wrong on either mechanically wise so it's a matter of aesthetics. I like the look more of the Alien but the Minikin should be more comfortable in the hand.
Alien has a great battery life but feels heavier than it looks.
Both fit a 24mm with no problem.
You should decide what's you think is better for yourself m8. Both are quality products.
Im planning on using only 25mm tanks. OBS engine and serpent 25. Will it overhang on the smok?
The one thing the miniking has up its sleeve is that taste control. Its a great feature to set what watts to fire after certain seconds. You could use it well as thats how tc sort of works.... however the shape of it in pockets is also making me uncertain .

I have the limitless XL on my alien and there is no over lap. I had the OBS on it over the week and its great as well

That is a fibb though.

I too have the Alien and 25mm atties hang over about 300-400 micron Yes less than 1mm but still it is overhang and it is noticeable.

Does it bother me, Hell No!

This is with a TM Sq 22mm Deck im looking for the weekends photo shoot will post the XL and OBS photos shortly

Attachments

• 6731ef21-d90a-4065-9913-fcbfa8a17ca2.jpg
    6731ef21-d90a-4065-9913-fcbfa8a17ca2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 55
  • f970c3ab-9d5d-4961-930c-837bad07519d.jpg
    f970c3ab-9d5d-4961-930c-837bad07519d.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 56
I have an XL and a Combo, the only reason you think the XL does not overhand is because of the bottom edge which is tapered on the airflow ring.

Put a Combo on there and you will feel the overhang straight away.

@boxerulez I agree the XL doesnt over hang mostly because its not flat on the mod but my limitless Plus is 25 mm and it has no over hang. if you look at sapor in @KZOR pic there is no over hang and its sexy as hell. im kinda tempted to pair mine to one. Also this is the OBS on the IPV6x it has very close to the Alien and there is no over hang 20161031_131919.jpg

I recently bought a minikin v2 and im loving it. Im using the ijoy combo which is a 25mm atty and it just looks awesome, no overhang at all. The build quality of the minikin is second to none which is one reason I wont be getting rid of mine ever lol tagging @Rob Fisher as he has both the Alien and the minikin.

@boxerulez I agree the XL doesnt over hang mostly because its not flat on the mod but my limitless Plus is 25 mm and it has no over hang. if you look at sapor in @KZOR pic there is no over hang and its sexy as hell. im kinda tempted to pair mine to one. Also this is the OBS on the IPV6x it has very close to the Alien and there is no over hang View attachment 73632
Is it just me or do the engines just look massive in photos yet they actually small:-D

Can anyone tell me how their paint holds up on the smok. I had a v1 minikin. So i already know the v2 would be just as good. But as for the smok? I am someone that cant deal with paint issues.

How un pocket friendly is it? i know its thicker but is it that bad in like jeans?

@Kalashnikov its not that big, its fits into my pocket , but it looks like you just left teasers/ hooters or any similar noble establishment and you are still...."happy" with what you have seen. but generally i dont like my phone or wallet in my pockets either.

Can anyone tell me how their paint holds up on the smok. I had a v1 minikin. So i already know the v2 would be just as good. But as for the smok? I am someone that cant deal with paint issues.

Ive had 3 x H-priv 220w and none of them have ever had paint ware anywhere except i scratched it with my ring on the fire bar which is not a Smok fault as much as it was my fault. The alien is about 3 weeks and just as good

There is a very slight overhang on the Alien but even I can live with it... no overhang at all on the Minikin... but for me it would be a Minkin all the way. I still haven't forgiven Smok for that horrible tank they sold me way back when. There is no question that the Minkin will still look perfect in a month's time... not so sure about the Alien.
25mm 001.JPG
25mm 002.JPG 25mm 003.JPG

There is a very slight overhang on the Alien but even I can live with it... no overhang at all on the Minikin... but for me it would be a Minkin all the way. I still haven't forgiven Smok for that horrible tank they sold me way back when. There is no question that the Minkin will still look perfect in a month's time... not so sure about the Alien.
View attachment 73646
View attachment 73647 View attachment 73648
Thanks youre a legend for those pics:campeon:

I based my purchase on the votes... So i have just placed a order for a green Minikin :)
If i regret it im blaming everyone that voted minikin :risas3:

Back