Smok TFV12 Prince

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Smok TFV12 Prince which was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by James from the Healthcabin.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smok-tfv12-p...16621.html

In the Box

Contents:

1pc TFV12 Prince Tank (8ml bulge glass)
1pc Custom honeycomb patterned drip tip
1pc V12 Prince-Q4 0.4ohm Quadruple Coil(Pre-installed)
1pc V12 Prince-X6 0.15ohm Sextuple Coils
1pc V12 Prince-T10 0.12ohm Decuple Coils
1pc replacement glass tube (5ml straight glass)
1pc User Manual
Spare Parts

Aesthetics

On opening the box i was met by a red TFV12 Prince with a matching Red honeycombed patterned drip tip. I was surprised that it looked an average size for a tank that holds 8ml of liquid. It comes with a bulged glass fitted which accounts for it's large capacity, however we are not talking Fireluke goldfish bowl, the bulge is somewhat subdued; giving the Prince in my opinion a classy look which isn't going to look odd on top of devices. Both top-cap and base have matching heavy patterned texturing and "SMOK" written on the top-cap. The acrylic patterned drip-tip is very nice and on all colour options match the colour of the tank. The airflow on the Prince comprises of 2 huge cyclops with stoppers. Overall the Prince looks and feels very well made and has the glossy paint finish Smok is known for.

Specs:

Material:Stainless Steel
Tank: Glass
Size: 28*63mm
Capacity: 8ml
Thread: 510
Color:Rainbow/Gold/Red/Purple/Silver/Black/Blue/Green

Assembling and Filling

I found no issues with taking the Prince to bits, the base screws off the bottom (taking the coil, if fitted) with it, and then the glass easily comes free. The drip tip is very tight and it took some effort to release it. You can fit a 810 of your own; but only if it has o-rings, and the tightness of the supplied drip tip is caused by it having 2 generous ones. The coil screws into the base and the tank assembles as easily as a tank should. In threads i do hear of people having problems with the initial wicking of Smok coils (usually the Baby Beast coils, but then they are more widely used) and burn't taste from the off. I have never had any issue, but probably because of the mentioned threads as i prime the coils very well and leave the filled tank at least 10 mins before vaping, i also start on a lower wattage than i want and increase the power as i can taste the wicking is fine. The Prince has the hinged top-fill system commonly used by Smok but the Prince see's the introduction of a locking mechanism so it's not going to open by accident, messing with the vacuum which causes leaking. The top cap can be unlocked by pressing a small button above the word "SMOK" and then open as usual. There is a 5ml straight spare glass that can be used, but losing the bulge loses 3ml of capacity.

Performance

The first thing to mention is only the Prince coils fit the tank, other TFV12 coils are not compatible. There are 4 coils plus an RBA deck available, and the tank comes with 3 of the coils which is very good. However i would of liked to of seen the RBA deck included and the coil that looks right up my street is the one omitted. The omitted coil is the Prince M4 0.17 Quadruple coil rated at 30w - 70w / best 40w - 60w. I can see myself enjoying vaping on that at 50w and the only thing that would make me happier is doing my own build but of course no included RBA. It does say the ommited coil is designed more for the use with Mechanical Mods (marketing, that's all).
As a protest (well more because i never get on with multiple coil heads that are just about cloud and have me changing my batteries often) i didn't test the Prince with the coil i would of preferred omitted the T10 0.12 Decuple coil rated at 60w - 120w best at 80w - 110w.
I first used the tank with the Q4 0.4 Quadruple coil as this was the coil i thought i would much prefer. I found this best at 65w and was surprised there was no break in time compared to other Smok coils (i found this with both coils), i wonder if they are using different cotton. The flavour was good but nothing special with good cloud production, expecting this to be the best of the 3 coils provided; i was somewhat disappointed. I then used the tank with the X6 0.15 Sextuple coil 50w - 120w best 80w - 100w. I was amazed that i much preferred this coil and found it best at 85w. The flavour was very good with as much cloud as surely anybody needs. I used both coils with airflow half closed. I think the attempt with the Prince was to tame the beast slightly in search for better flavour to go with those clouds, which with the X6 coil they have achieved but overall it's still much more a cloud producer rather than a flavour tank.

Nice Aesthetically
Not over tall for 8ml capacity
Bulging glass not over the top.
8ml Capacity
Good flavour from X6 coil
Huge airflow
Very good cloud production (for cloud chasers)
Top fill with lock mechanism
No Baby in the name (Smok, a bit of birth control in order, please no more Babies)
RBA available

Dislikes

No RBA included
More suited for cloud chasers
Q4 flavour, not as good as i expected

Conclusion

A nice looking tank, with top-fill design and locking mechanism. Great capacity but wouldn't personally use this tank with any of the available coils apart from the X6. I am more interested in purchasing the RBA deck as i still want to use the Prince taking advantage of the 8ml capacity.

I would once again like to thank James from the Healthcabin for supplying the TFV12 Prince for review.

https://www.healthcabin.net/smok-tfv12-p...16621.html

Nice one @Timwis
Lol, I chuckled at the chirp of birth control required... Hehe

Thank you! A bit of humour brightens the day

Agreed 100%
And I enjoy the little bits of humour you sprinkle in your reviews!

Back