Stainless Steel Notch Coil by Wismec & Jaybo

skola

Flavour Chaser
LV

Awards
Vapingbest

Today, let’s take a look at the up coming new coil posted by jaybo, below are the detailed features and photo of the new SS Notch coil :
Flavor Like A Clapton
Stainless Steel One Piece Design
Consistent Even Heating Area
Inner Diameter 5.5mm
0.23OHM
Non-Conductive +/- Leads
No Ramp Up Time
Looks Gorgeous
Makes Rebuilding Easy

New-SS-NotchCoil-Wismec-300x300.jpg

I likeyyyyy! I likeyyyyyy veeeeryyyyyy much!! :)

Interesting @skola

5.5mm ID, my gosh that is large

Very few RTA's that will take a coil that size...

I have a few and willing to try these out for the team if I can find where to buy them. :)

Non-Conductive +/- Leads ???????

Probably should read Non Resistance +/- Leads....

Non-Conductive +/- Leads ???????

Probably should read Non Resistance +/- Leads....

I'm pretty sure Non Resistance +/- Leads is what they meant.....lol, otherwise it won't work :p

Jaybo talking about the Notch coil from 09:49 onward (and about a new Genesis style called the Theorem that looks quite interesting before that):

According to this website the Theorem comes with TWO Notch coils, a glass tank sleeve AND a steel tank sleeve at the ridiculous pre-order price of $ 20.50 (air shipping to SA = $ 15, though): http://vapesourcing.com/wismec-theorem-rta.html

More realistic looking pricing on other sites vary from $ 30 to $ 37 (some with free international shipping).

Heaven Gifts (http://www.heavengifts.com/WISMEC-Theorem-RTA-Atomizer.html) specifies it as coming with 1 Notch coil (but with both tank sleeves included). If one looks at Wismec's site though, it indeed seems as if two Notch coils and both tank sleeves are included: http://www.wismec.com/product/theorem-atomizer/

Either way, it really seems like this is bound to be an excellent value package!

Meet the Notch Coil

Wismec Jay-Bo Notch Coil
Earlier this week, Wismec senior designer Jay-Bo unveiled the Notch Coil. This innovative product will appear in both Joyetech and Wismec products. At the beginning of March, I got to see the Notch Coil in person; the concept floored me, while its potential was absolutely tantalizing. Here’s a quick look at the Notch Coil by Wimec and Joyetech.

Best of Both Worlds

Wismec Jay-Bo Notch
To fully appreciate this section of the Notch Coil preview, you’ll need to listen to this Van Halen song. Is it playing yet? How about now? Okay, we’re good.

When Jay-Bo showed me the Notch Coil in his office, a lightbulb went off in my head. It was one of those “Holy crap! Why didn’t anyone do this before?!?” moments. It seems like such a simple and obvious idea — combine the surface area of a Clapton coil with the fast ramp-up time of a traditional coil.

As you can tell by the photos, the Notch Coil has abundant surface area — much more than a typical spaced coil, which seems to work best in rebuildable sub-ohm tanks. The main “body” of the coil is stainless steel, which heats up quickly and provides super-clean flavor (and in my opinion, is safer than other vaping wire materials). The leads are non-resistance nickel wire. I was told that the Notch Coil will work well with temperature control mods, for you guys and dolls that like to…err…control temperature.

As for the specs, the Notch Coil has a resistance of 0.23 ohms and an inner diameter of 5.5mm. I’m curious to see how wicking will be, as I mostly use common coil diameters like 2.5 or 3.0mm. I’m guessing that it’ll feel weird at first, but it will be something that will quickly become second nature.

As for how the Notch Coil vapes, I’ll report on that in the near future. On paper, it looks brilliant for flavor. As you know, we don’t vape on paper at Vaping360. We vape on the Internet. Stay tuned for a video interview with Jay-Bo on the Notch Coil and a supremely cool product it will be accompanying.

source: http://vaping360.com/joyetech-wismec-notch-coil-preview/

Surely they know the difference between a notch and a slot?
A notch is open at one end
Notched cutting disk.
a6290_a_450.jpg

A slot is closed at both ends.
A slotted channel grate.
55585-5417901.jpg

Why do I want to try making that coil?

I also pondered some rolled SS mesh, slitted with a dremel wheel and how I'd attach it. :)

Nope, thin walled SS hypodermic tubes. Get them in various sizes. 0.5mm cutting wheel on dremel and presto!
Then just use a wire zapper to attach non-resistance nickel wire to the ends. Should work the same as the Notch.

Found this on Facebook just now. One picture is a screenshot with the caption.20210920_092004.jpg FB_IMG_1632122332112.jpg

Back