Starting point of a 60W Box Mod...

GerharddP

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
Scheveningen, Den Haag, Kingdom of The Netherlands
Found this little gem. @johan do you think this is worth the small investment? I think I'm going to need your guidance. Want to build a box mod of note. Any suggestions from my piers will be greatly appreciated like parts suppliers/codes etc.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
eish, had one look at the other forum, started drooling and came back here. i'll set aside some time to get lost in that other nice forum :)

Found this little gem. @johan do you think this is worth the small investment? I think I'm going to need your guidance. Want to build a box mod of note. Any suggestions from my piers will be greatly appreciated like parts suppliers/codes etc.

View attachment 14294

I already built a box mod using that exact board! It really works very well and was quite an easy build

I followed the OKR-T10 schematics as specifications are pretty much identical
okr-t10-wiring.png

View attachment 14322

Looks good, The Mosfet Gate connected to ground .... Oh! now I see what you've done. Those car fuses (plastic with flat spade lugs) work gr8, and takes up minimal space.

View attachment 14322

Thank you very much for the info. I'll put it to good use. I love electronics as im a PLC programmer. Where can I find more schematics regarding vaping? Want to start with wooden box mods made to order. Need to find a source of 510 connectors localy as well, otherwise its my original idea of a 510 addapter addapted to my needs.

That schematic is a good example of over engineering. It features over current protection, reverse battery protection, as well as smoothing out both input and output spikes. Almost all of it is not essential to get regulation from the board, but will create a fool proof mod with a long life span.

EDIT: Almost forgot, it also has low battery protection

@johan I used re-settable fuses. They work amazingly, cuts out and keeps to current below safe limits, and continues working once the problem is fixed

View attachment 14322

Thank you very much for the info. I'll put it to good use. I love electronics as im a PLC programmer. Where can I find more schematics regarding vaping? Want to start with wooden box mods made to order. Need to find a source of 510 connectors localy as well, otherwise its my original idea of a 510 addapter addapted to my needs.

what is the importance of connecting all the ground wires to a central location?

Only applies if you have mixed signals; ie: prevention of high frequency ground signals and power ground don't interfere with each other like in audio amplifiers and even electronic regulators for vape gear - in the latter it might cause false readings and switching if you don't use star grounding.

Only applies if you have mixed signals; ie: prevention of high frequency ground signals and power ground don't interfere with each other like in audio amplifiers and even electronic regulators for vape gear - in the latter it might cause false readings and switching if you don't use star grounding.
dankie meneer

That schematic is a good example of over engineering. It features over current protection, reverse battery protection, as well as smoothing out both input and output spikes. Almost all of it is not essential to get regulation from the board, but will create a fool proof mod with a long life span.

EDIT: Almost forgot, it also has low battery protection

@johan I used re-settable fuses. They work amazingly, cuts out and keeps to current below safe limits, and continues working once the problem is fixed

yes we use them daily in intrinsically safe electronic equipment for the mining industry.

If you used to plc programming look at Atmel and Microchip websites - you will quickly pick it up and both devices can be programmed with even simple "Basic" which will give you much greater "power" in control and display gimmicks - PS. All eVolv DNA and most chinese regulated vape gear devices use Atmel up's.

Here is a picture of her

20141031_185037.jpg

Please ignore messy wiring inside, she is still waiting on a rather large lipo battery coming from China, then I will fit the wiring neatly.
Also I'm going to paint the inside so only the place where the screen is, is transparent

Here is a picture of her

View attachment 14324

Please ignore messy wiring inside, she is still waiting on a rather large lipo battery coming from China, then I will fit the wiring neatly.
Also I'm going to paint the inside so only the place where the screen is, is transparent

looks STUNNING!

If you used to plc programming look at Atmel and Microchip websites - you will quickly pick it up and both devices can be programmed with even simple "Basic" which will give you much greater "power" in control and display gimmicks - PS. All eVolv DNA and most chinese regulated vape gear devices use Atmel up's.

Wow @johan dont take this wrong but you are awesome. Thank you very much for the info, do you know where I can find schematics for the rest of the board with an amtel chip?

Wow @johan dont take this wrong but you are awesome. Thank you very much for the info, do you know where I can find schematics for the rest of the board with an amtel chip?

Gerhard I'm already in the k#k, haven't light the fire yet and guests on their way - wife is already on her broom boet :eek: - will come back to this tomorrow if I'm still alive, apologies.

Well done
Here is a picture of her

View attachment 14324

See you did what I was thinking of doing with the 510 addapter

Back