LV

Awards
Logo2.png

Item Name :
MAAT Subohm Tank
Manufacturer: @VOOPOO
Cost: Still to be launched in SA
Device used: Drag 2 Platinum & Voopoo ZIP Mini

***DISCLAIMER*** This product was supplied to me by @VOOPOO for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this device before launching in South Africa. I also hope to create some excitement around this device. I’m not being paid for this review and this review is my own opinion and views.

So, let’s start off with some pictures of this device, from unboxing to being used. I apologize for this long review, but it was impossible for me to just keep it short. TL;DR : It’s a super tank!! Get one!

IMG_20190410_103829_1.jpg
IMG_20190410_103954.jpg
IMG_20190411_092851.jpg
IMG_20190411_094713.jpg
IMG_20190411_094907.jpg
IMG_20190411_095140.jpg
IMG_20190411_095220.jpg
IMG_20190415_075425.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?
  • MAAT Tank – Bubble Glass installed.
  • MT-M2 Coil (0.21ohm)– Preinstalled
  • MT-M1 Coil – (0.13ohm) – In the box
  • Spare straight glass tube – 2ml capacity
  • O-ring set – 6 pieces
  • User Manual

IMG_20190410_103911.jpg

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

Tank

Diameter: 28mm (TPD 24.5mm)
Height: 56mm
Weight: 76g
Material: Stainless Steel & Glass
Glass Tube : 28mm bubble and straight is 24.5mm
Capacity: 4ml (TPD 2ml)

Coils

The MAAT tank comes with two coils, one is preinstalled in the tank and the other is a spare in the box.

MT-M1 (Spare in Box)

Resistance – 0.13Ohm
Type – Single Mesh Coil
Power Range – 60-85Watt
User Experience: Great flavor and clouds but restrictive draw due to one coil.

Watts Tested: 45Watt the flavor is okayish, not the best.
Watts Tested: 65Watt I would say this is the sweet spot for this coil as the flavor and cloud production is perfect for the single coil
Watts Tested: 75watt – Starts getting a little hot but flavor is good and fire rate is excellent.

MT-M2 (Preinstalled)

Resistance – 0.2Ohm
Type – Dual Mesh coil
Power Range – 55-85Watt
User Experience: Excellent flavor, good clouds and my preferred coil for this tank.

Watts Tested: 45Watt the flavor is less in your face but still good and not as warm.
Watts Tested: 60Watt the coil is just starting to hit that sweet spot where the vapor and flavor production is good.
Watts Tested: 75watt – here the coil is great for a super flavored vape and most juices I tested were very sweet.

Extra Coil sent which im not sure if it will be included as part of the tank

MT-M3 (Extra)

Resistance – 0.19Ohm
Type – Triple Mesh Coil
Power Range – 65-85W
User Experience: Great flavor and a little bit more restrictive and likes more watts.

Watts Tested: 45Watt -Not much flavor and takes much longer to get going.
Watts Tested: 60Watt -I would say this is the sweet spot and flavor is great and fires much better
Watts Tested: 75watt –Flavor is more intense but makes for a warmer vape and also acceptable.
Around 90watt i experience a burning flavor.

So, what do I think about this tank? Good question!

Unboxing the tank and holding it in my hand it’s a solid piece of stainless steel which has been well machined. The ease in changing coils takes no less than a couple of seconds and there is no juice spilling. I removed the preinstalled MT-M2 coil and primed it up and installed back into the tank and waited a minute after filling her up with juice and she was vaping like a train.

This Tank provides excellent flavor and decent clouds! The preinstalled bubble glass holds 4ml of juice which gives you a good amount of vaping as the coil isn’t too heavy on juice! The airflow adjustment is smooth and can close all the way to MTL style draw. There is no airflow whistle which is great.

I do find that once the tank juice level starts reaching the very bottom then you don’t get as much flavor and have experienced one or two close dry hits even though they state that this tank has a juice well to stop this from happening. One thing that impressed me is how quick you taste another juice if you change from one to another. Perhaps two draws, then the new flavor is in. Peeking through the mouth piece the coils are always completely wet with juice even after a long drag.

The MAAT Tank is the first patented tank according to Voopoo with its middle adjustable airflow system and coil system which I find is a great design.

My Pro's
  • Super easy juice filling with a press of a button, no need to unscrew the top cap.
  • Excellent flavor on all 3 coils but prefer the MT-M2 for its draw and flavor.
  • Smooth draw and a little restrictive (Not much)
  • Easy and spill free coil replacement while the tank is full of juice, takes about 10 seconds once the tank is off.
  • Replace a coil without having to unscrew the tank!
  • No dry hits even at 90watts and chain vaping
  • No whistling no matter how the airflow is set
  • Unique middle airflow which assists with flavor and draw.
My Cons's
  • Filling juice with a chubby gorilla is annoying, the top cap doesn’t move enough, and the bottle ends up going into the fill hole skew against the mouth piece
  • Its heavy at 76g – weighs half of what the DRAG 2 Platinum weighs
  • The tank can get quite hot if you vape a lot.
  • Draw is a little tight even all the way open, Similar to my Zeus Dual draw. Would have preferred a more open draw with the airflow fully open but that’s just me.
  • Filling is spilling – if you aren’t careful, you will end up overflowing as the tank almost creates and airlock if juice blocks the fill hole and ends up pushing out.
Picture below. This has happened several times.

IMG_20190413_100333.jpg IMG_20190413_100349.jpg

Filling Up on Juice:

This is super easy, Push the button and the top cap flips open as its spring loaded, fill the juice and flip it back until you hear it click back into place using a pin style function to swivel and lock.

Took me a couple of seconds to figure out how to open it as the little button to open the tank blends in with the top cap, had to laugh at myself after had to read the manual! LOL

Here’s a little picture from VooPoo’s website:

fill.png

Coil replacement without having to unscrew the whole tank

IMG_20190415_075402_BURST001_COVER.jpg

The following Colors are available:

VOOPOO-Maat-Sub-ohm-Tank-2ml4ml_005976ba54f1.jpg

So would I buy one? Absobloodylutely!!! I doubt that there is a Sub ohm tank out there with this type of flavor and ease of use! I would actually consider benching my RTAs as i havent used one of my RTAs in the past week while testing this tank, it is that good!

Thanks for reading my review on the Voopoo MAAT Subohm tank

Attachments

• IMG_20190415_075402_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20190415_075402_BURST001_COVER.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Must say that this MAAT tank really works great with Iced fruity flavors. Currently vaping @YeOldeOke All day Vapes Iced Lychee and its outstanding! getting the precise lychee flavor and none of that artificial candy lychee flavor. Bakeries also work great in this tank and makes bakeries nice and sweet especially at higher watts.

Would really recommend anyone especially newbies to get this tank for the ease of use and the great flavors!

Back