Stompie ZA Review - Geekvape Zeus Sub-Ohm Atty

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
9705660-7.jpg

Im sure a lot of ZEUS lovers on the forum is looking forward to this review and trust me its a good one! A little bit more info, Geekvape is proud to present the long awaited leakproof Sub-Ohm tank, the Zeus retains the structural design concept of the original Zeus with a quick-change prebuilt coil system. Utilizing the latest technology of GV Mesh coil system to optimize flavor and vapor production, it is easily an unbeatable tank to date.

Item Name : Geekvape Zeus Sub Ohm
Manufacturer: @geekvape
Cost: Still to be launched in SA

***DISCLAIMER*** This product was supplied to me by @geekvape for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this device before launching in South Africa.

So, let’s start off with some pictures of this device, from unboxing to being used

Sample box did not come with a nice sleeve, Retail versions will have a nice sleeve with all product info

IMG_20190826_174933.jpg IMG_20190826_174943.jpg
Tank, Parts and spare coil

IMG_20190826_175023.jpg

Just look at that, isnt she a beauty!

IMG_20190826_175043.jpg

Top of the tank with the top cap removed, Two filling sides

IMG_20190826_175132.jpg

Bottom of tank shows the base and the coil with the two nipples to guide the coil installment and stop the coil from moving around.

IMG_20190826_175156.jpg IMG_20190826_175202.jpg

Here you can see the inside Mesh of the coil with lots and lots of cotton.

IMG_20190826_175240.jpg IMG_20190826_175302.jpg

Bottom of base with its serial number

IMG_20190826_175337.jpg

Ready to vape, Yeah its a little on the big side but its worth it!

IMG_20190901_080301.jpg IMG_20190901_081112.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?

1 x Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank
1 x Coil Tool
1 x Spare Glass (3.5ml)
1 x Mesh Z1 Coil
1 x Mesh Z2 Coil – Pre-installed
1 x Promotion card & Warranty Card
1 x Spare Parts pack (O-rings etc)
1 x User Manual

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

Tank

Dimensions: W26mm x H42.5mm (Size excluding drip tip)
Weight:
Material:
Stainless Steel & Glass
Glass Tube : Bubble and straight
Capacity: 4ml (TPD 2ml)

Coils

The Zeus Sub-Ohm tank comes with two coils. The Z2 is pre-installed in the tank and has a lower resistance compared to the Z1 which is spare in the box.

Z1 (Spare in Box)

Resistance – 0.4Ohm
Type – Single Mesh Coil
Power Range – 60-70W
User Experience: This is a great coil for single battery vapes i would say, Works great and fires up quick with great flavor
Power Tested: 50Watt -Great flavor and coil heats up fairly quick
Power Tested: 60Watt -Excellent flavor and not too hot of a vape with quick firing and heating up
Power Tested: 70Watt –Also great flavor and the coil handles this power with ease, no dry hits.

Z2 (Preinstalled)

Resistance – 0.2Ohm
Type – Single Mesh Coil
Power Range – 70 to 80W
User Experience: Smooth and very flavorful coil from the get go with long coil life that can handle high power with ease
Power Tested: 60Watt -Great flavor but doesnt heat up as quick as higher power.
Power Tested: 70Watt -Would say 70W to 75W is the sweet spot for this coil, Excellent flavor and not too hot vape
Power Tested: 80watt –The coil still manages just fine without giving dry hits but its a hot vape and flavor changes to very sweet here.

upload_2019-9-5_9-41-52.png

Coil Fitment
Coil fitment is super easy and a nifty little tool is provided to get the coil popped out. You dont need the tool to remove the coils. The coils also have two nipples that need to go into slots on the tank so there is only one way of fitting the coils.

zeus-sub-ohm-tank-changing-coil.gif

Overview

Here we can see how the ZEUS Sub-Ohm tank is deconstructed showing all of the components including the O-rings, base, top and glass.

upload_2019-9-5_9-43-6.png

Dual Airflow ports
Airflow animation of how the air travels in from the top all the way down to the bottom of the base and then into the coils on two sides and out the mouth piece giving excellent flavor!

zeus-sub-ohm-tank-airflow.gif

The following Colors are available:
Several great looking colors are available to suite your mods!

upload_2019-9-5_9-46-45.png

Filling Up on Juice:
Same as with all other ZEUS tanks, the top cap simply unscrews allowing for easy refilling without becoming messy. I still prefer this way of filling as the top cap isnt in the way especially when using big 100ml bottles.

upload_2019-9-5_9-46-59.png

So, what do I think about this tank?
From using the ZEUS Single and Dual RTA's and seeing all the rave of the X i was really excited to test out the first sub-ohm tank in the Zeus range. This tank delivers in all categories and would say that it beats my Single and Dual versions hand down in terms of the draw, the flavor and looks! The Mesh coils offer excellent flavor and really long life. Been vaping on the Z2 for a week, took it to Vapecon and this coil keeps going without issues and its on its second week without issues and flavor is still just as great.

The draw on this tank is much better compared to my Single and Dual and is less restrictive and its so smooth. There is no whistling even if you close the airflow to about 50%. This is basically the ZEUS X with a subohm coil in my mind, Making it an awesome atty for new vapers or vapers that dont like or want to build their own coils.

Leaking? There is none, I havent had one leak from this atty and is also due to the top airflow design. The coils are a little thirsty on juice usage but its something i will accept due to the excellent flavor that is being delivered.

As with all ZEUS tanks, this is a big one, its heavy but it just looks great and really do not mind it being a tad on the big side, Its the flavor that matters.

I have used a bunch of different flavor profiles and they all shined from Icey fruit, Bakery, normal fruit, Cereal and and and the list goes on, they are all excellent!

My Pro's
No Leaking at all!
Excellent Flavor, Trust me its super good!
Smooth and non restrictive draw
Spare coils in the box giving you two in total
Lots of spare o-rings
Two glasses, Bubble and straight.
Looks great, over all design is excellent and could not fault anything.
Great juice capacity
Easy coil replacement including nifty little tool
Easy mess free filling
Foolproof easy to use tank.

My Cons's
A little on the big and heavy side

So would I buy or recommend one?

I would advise anyone even the biggest RTA fan to get one, this atty might even convert a few over to commercial coils. Trust me when i say i cannot find more Cons to put on my list, i tried! I even read other online reviews and found most had no cons! Flavor is top class and coil life is great.

Nice and informative review, reckon this might be my next atty purchase

Thanks bud, Yeah im really enjoying this tank. This is on par with the Voopoo MAAT Tank if not better i think.

Thanks for the review @StompieZA

@Alex - i know you like the Zeus RTA - check this out

Thanks for this great review @StompieZA, it looks like a winner. However I prefer to make my own coils, so I'll be sticking with my trusty Zeus single's for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for this great review @StompieZA, it looks like a winner. However I prefer to make my own coils, so I'll be sticking with my trusty Zeus single's for the foreseeable future.

Only a pleasure @Alex, Yeah i also prefer my RTA's due to the cost of commercial coils but must say the new tanks offer such great flavor, that i wouldnt mind switching from RTA to commercial coil lol.

UPDATE:

Managed to get a whole month and 1 week out of the preinstalled Z2 coil vaping at 70W and vaping loads of different flavors

Back